If Jalen Adams plays anywhere near this level all year | The Boneyard

If Jalen Adams plays anywhere near this level all year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He won't be here next year.

On to the team. We need to come home and refocus how we play defense and move the ball on offense. Way too many fundamental breakdowns.
We didn't come out in any of the 3 games hard -- other teams took it to us -- that is on the coach.
Lastly we need Enoch to step up. There is no reason why this guy at 6-11 265 isn't able with Amida to help us get 17-20 points combined in the middle which we are going to need

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He won't be here next year.

On to the team. We need to come home and refocus how we play defense and move the ball on offense. Way too many fundamental breakdowns.
We didn't come out in any of the 3 games hard -- other teams took it to us -- that is on the coach.
Lastly we need Enoch to step up. There is no reason why this guy at 6-11 265 isn't able with Amida to help us get 17-20 points combined in the middle which we are going to need
Adams needs help and purvis is too inconsistent to be relied on. Enoch can't stay on the floor bc he fouls too much and his foot speed is slow. Offensively he's the only one who goes strong to the hoop and he has a nice touch from the free throw line.

Reaction Score
Scrappy, we need to just enjoy watching him while we have him, and I think we get 2 maybe 3 years. He's ahead of Kemba as a sophomore as I see it. As far as Enoch goes, why can't we find out what we have in him? Until we know one way or another 20-25 minutes a game for better or worse, death do us part.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Adams is no where near ready defensively and is incredibly careless with the ball. He's a good one on one player right now, but if Boat and Napier aren't in the league you really think Jalen is a goner after a sophomore.

H

huskymagic

Adams is no where near ready defensively and is incredibly careless with the ball. He's a good one on one player right now, but if Boat and Napier aren't in the league you really think Jalen is a goner after a sophomore.

You do know that Napier is in the NBA currently with the Portland Trailblazers with a guaranteed contract for this year and the next.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You do know that Napier is in the NBA currently with the Portland Trailblazers with a guaranteed contract for this year and the next.

I could have sworn he was in the D League - looks like I was wrong.

Point being, Adams isn't 1 10th the player Napier is and most people were surprised he got a guaranteed deal with Portland.

Reaction Score

If he plays like he has, yes. Napier and Boat are poor comparisons as both have size limitations.

Reaction Score
I disagree with this. Napier is an awful athlete, defender and his shooting has been awful in the NBA.

Two teams have already given up on him and he gets scrub minutes on an avg. Portland team. It was good he got the option year exercised.

Adams is a much better athlete and has much bigger upside. He may not be the next Lowry, Wall, Teague or Parker but I think he could have a good NBA career.

I could have sworn he was in the D League - looks like I was wrong.

Point being, Adams isn't 1 10th the player Napier is and most people were surprised he got a guaranteed deal with Portland.

Reaction Score
Yeah if Adams averages 27/7/5 on 55% and 45% from deep he will go in the draft no question.

I can't Imagine he keeps that up, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves though. He's old for a sophomore, but he's got length and the height which could be helpful.

Let's just enjoy what we've got an witness growth.

Reaction Score

Adams has more upside then both Napier and boat. He is also 6' 2 and not barely 6' like the 2 you mentioned. That size makes a huge difference in the nba for a pg.

Adams has a nba game but still needs to work on things. If he continues playing this well he will be gone after this year

Reaction Score
He is balling but what is his turnover number? Is that going to be the same throughout the year? Not trying to be that guy but can't play point in the NBA being so careless with the ball. Not saying he wouldn't be drafted. Look can't turn the ball over help your team get a double digit deficit than become a monster to only lose.

Reaction Score
Has no IQ compared to boat or bazz. They (especially bazz) could control a game.

Reaction Score
The guys touting his height - that's undersized for a 2 guard in the NBA.

If you think he's playing PG in the NBA after putting up big scoring numbers in games when they were down 20 and vs a DII school you are mistaken.

I don't think anyone says he's play 2g in the NBA. Only a moron would think that. Is drafting SGs 6'6 shooters at a minimum practically.

He has things to work on but the NBA drafts on potential for underclassmen. I don't think he keeps up his stats. BUT if he plays like he has the last 5 halves of basketball... he WILL be drafted if he goes. There is simply no doubt in my mind or anyone who watches the NBA.

His height and length for a PG is one of the things NBA scouts will look for. Then they ask what he has as far as skills. Size and athleticism always comes first to these guys.

Keep in mind Napier didn't really even average that many assists here. (Under 5 his last two years) If Adams can keep up 5+ he is clearly Doing something right.

Also he will need to keep up his shooting numbers. hIs his 3p% is 45%+ right now. I would draft that.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Adams has more upside then both Napier and boat. He is also 6' 2 and not barely 6' like the 2 you mentioned. That size makes a huge difference in the nba for a pg.

Adams has a nba game but still needs to work on things. If he continues playing this well he will be gone after this year

Adams will not/can not be a PG in the NBA based on his current skillset. In addition 6'2" is considered small in NBA terms.
I see JA as a 2 guard but he needs to work on his D, footwork and court awareness
He's a really good 1v1 player - no doubt
I say he is a minimum 3 yr UConn contributor
He is not near Bazz overall nor is he Boatlike on D

Reaction Score
Adams will not/can not be a PG in the NBA based on his current skillset. In addition 6'2" is considered small in NBA terms.
I see JA as a 2 guard but he needs to work on his D, footwork and court awareness

Adams is 100% a pg in the nba

Reaction Score

He's listed at 6'3 FWIW. I know we milk the numbers but everyone does, so it's probably what he'd be listed at.

I wouldn't consider him a "shooting guard" personally.

Prototypical NBA 2g shoots threes and defends the best guard. It isn't the 90s 2G heyday. He's a secondary ball handler.

Adams is a PG with a looser than ideal handle at this point. He's getting assists and leading the team adequately, but not great.

The question becomes whether scouts will see his strengths as outweighing his deficiencies in handle.

Are we talking about the last 3 games? Or all season?

Reaction Score
If people here really think Adams doesn't leave if he keeps these numbers up, they don't know much about the draft.

Not saying he doesn't leave or doesn't get drafted but someone please post his turnover numbers. What's his assist to turnover ratio? 9 turnovers in a half in the NBA and he would never have the opportunity to score 30 in the second half.

Reaction Score
I think he plays like this all year because he has no choice. And I think he stays. He seems like the kind of kid that wants to experience a deep tourney run and I think he will be told he has other parts of his game that needs to be tightened up.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Man give Adams a break. All the comparisons. He was talked up all summer. I like the kid, but I am not going to compare him. Not yet anyway. This kid gave great minutes last year. Who expected that. Ollie threw him to the wolves. This kid last year and more this year already showed me acrobatic layups that have you scratching your head. Okay, my head. I recall another guard who did that often. Oh, that's right Bazz. How can you compare him so early. He is not where Kemba was, he is not where Bazz was at this time. Guys the kid is going to be great. Young and taking charge. Just like some moments last year. He even knocks down a three when we least inspect it. I like the kid.

Reaction Score
No one arguing that JA can't be successful in NBA. Play at UConn for four years, develop the weaker areas of his game and add maturity. Four years than the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom