If I Could go Back in Time (and have some say in UConn athletics)... | The Boneyard

If I Could go Back in Time (and have some say in UConn athletics)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
there are so many changes that I would consider making, but the one above all others that I would love to make would be letting L'Ville rot in C-USA. Shoulda never saved those clowns.

Reaction Score
there are so many changes that I would consider making, but the one above all others that I would love to make would be letting L'Ville rot in C-USA. Shoulda never saved those clowns.

So, who would you have taken in their place after Miami, V. Tech, & BCU announced that they were leaving?

Reaction Score
Don't forget, it was UConn that lobbied to get RU into the Big East for all sports.

Reaction Score
That would've been a terrible idea and caused the disintegration of the Big East faster than it happened, then UL, fresh off their success under Petrino, would've been snatched up regardless of affiliation.

Reaction Score
You guys are way too nice.

I would have had Hathaway tied up and shipped off to Mexico without a passport.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I would have gone back in time and killed Hitler and Pasqualoni in their cribs.

Reaction Score
First, invited Penn State to the Big East and second, not given ND a sweetheart deal, all in or nothing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would have gone back in time and killed Hitler and Pasqualoni in their cribs.
...but not necessarily in that order.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think this thread needs to get pinned. Once this guy gets it figured out the best ideas from here will need to be voted on.

Reaction Score
http://www.cbssports.com/general/st...illions-if-bcsaffiliated-league-takes-Memphis

The Big East should've added Memphis per this deal and given all the money to Florida State to join, that's probably at least $10mil per year for 10 years for the Noles on top of all the other money they would've made by being in a power conference. With them on board I believe others would've accepted invites - Clemson, VaTech, Miami.

After that probably the rest of the ACC schools would've begged to be added.

Reaction Score
http://www.cbssports.com/general/st...illions-if-bcsaffiliated-league-takes-Memphis

The Big East should've added Memphis per this deal and given all the money to Florida State to join, that's probably at least $10mil per year for 10 years for the Noles on top of all the other money they would've made by being in a power conference. With them on board I believe others would've accepted invites - Clemson, VaTech, Miami.

After that probably the rest of the ACC schools would've begged to be added.
Fred Smith's time at Yale is quite interesting. People can dismiss Memphis athletics all they want but that's more than our alumni are willing to ante up right now for freaking UConn.

What a duckked up world. Fred Smith is more confident with UMemphis than our own fanbase is with UConn? Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom