If Hurley is the Coach we Think He is | Page 3 | The Boneyard

If Hurley is the Coach we Think He is

Reaction Score
Not really. You basically insist on it rather than ask.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're even more perplexing than fans of other programs who come here to talk smack. You're a fan of a different UConn sport who visits to spread bad energy. And even including your posts on the sport you favor, you have a post-to-like ratio that looks a a horrible turnover-to-assist ratio. And nonetheless you persist. Have I got it right? I'm thinking I could pitch this as a series, but want to get the right channel.
Huh?

Reaction Score
We all hope so but, based on how long it's taken at Marquette and others, the state of affairs/results this website's participants want won't likely happen for another 2 to 3 years......unless Hurley finds his own Nadav to get it kick started.
Thats about the time table i expect and am completely comfortable with. I think next season will start to see things trending up and the season after if the recruiting continues to bring in the type of talent coming in next year we could be dancing in March again.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The grey numbers under the stats are the rank and show how incorrect this take is.
Thanks. This was interesting. Where did you get it?

Reaction Score
Thats about the time table i expect and am completely comfortable with. I think next season will start to see things trending up and the season after if the recruiting continues to bring in the type of talent coming in next year we could be dancing in March again.

We are going to win the AAC tournament this year.

Right now we are locked in at the 7 (would play Tulsa). East revenge game W.

The 2-seed is Cincy and we probably drop that one and not make the AAC. Darn it.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Ohhh, you are so mean.
His comment reads much more like a decent observation than meanness, and I imagine you similarly regard your posts as observations more so than meanness.
Can I get a, "Huh?"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If Jalen doesn't get extremely hot they lose by 20. The actual team doesn't seem to be improving much, but just like the past few seasons, if Adams gets hot they can play with a lot of teams but still lose closely.

Quite the prescient post given that they just won by 24 without Jalen scoring a point.

The team has improved dramatically. Everybody is better. Josh is much, much better. Christian Vital has improved his handle his passing and decision making (which is what he needed to improve). Polley's defense and rebounding are much better. Even Jalen has been more efficient, scoring as much on fewer shots and playing improved defense and rebounding better. Certainly Cobb has gone from useless to useful, with a huge physical transformation.

I don't think we can judge Sid or AG as they didn't play.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Quite the prescient post given that they just won by 24 without Jalen scoring a point.

The team has improved dramatically. Everybody is better. Josh is much, much better. Christian Vital has improved his handle his passing and decision making (which is what he needed to improve). Polley's defense and rebounding are much better. Even Jalen has been more efficient, scoring as much on fewer shots and playing improved defense and rebounding better. Certainly Cobb has gone from useless to useful, with a huge physical transformation.

I don't think we can judge Sid or AG as they didn't play.

They did look better, but again it's ECU.

Very interested to see how they fare over the next stretch of games against tougher competition.

Reaction Score
If Hurley is the Coach we Think he is.....
He'll get Us a PITBULL or TWO.
WE'D SURELY BENEFIT FROM PRACTICING AGAINST SAID PITBULLS TO PREPARE THE REST OF OUR TEAM FOR THE RIGORS OF
A BIG BOY SCHEDULE.

Reaction Score
We would have to get hot for a couple of days from the 3 line, reduce turnovers to next to nil, and avoid the killer 5 -7 minute dry spells to make any deep run in the conf. tournament . Possible but highly unlikely. At least we have something to hang our hats on versus the last 2 seasons. Can’t rule out stars aligning over a few days.

Reaction Score
Saw this floating around today. Hurley is pretty much where we'd want him to be.

DypjGnPWwAE2BiU.jpg:large

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Saw this floating around today. Hurley is pretty much where we'd want him to be.

DypjGnPWwAE2BiU.jpg:large
This is really fascinating.
1549383295525.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44