If Hurley is the Coach we Think He is | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If Hurley is the Coach we Think He is

Reaction Score
I agree, we can win the AAC tournament. I wouldn't pick us to win it, obviously, but we are capable.
I wouldn't want to play this UConn team going balls to the wall after another 1.5 months of development. Here's to hoping Gilbert, Diarra and maybe even Yakwe are full speed by that time.
Great you are going to rely on our 3 most injury prone players coming back and playing meaningful minutes. I think the only one who Is will be Gilbert. Diarra is playing on bad knees and yakwe a bad foot.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but we have not been able to catch a break to save our lives the last few years. In these games, it seems like nothing ever goes our way. I think a win at Cincinnati, or beating UCF tonight would have been an enormous confidence boost, and thats what I think these kids need right now. Tonights loss hurts because if Gilbert was playing, I guarantee we would have won. Its just so frustrating because like I said before, we just cannot catch a break and everything that can go wrong usually does.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
How could this have happened. In football, back 5 to 8 years ago, UConn had no trouble beating UCF. Now it is unthinkable. And now, they can't even beat them in basketball. 4 time national champs lose to the Knights twice. Wow this program has fallen apart.
UCF has more students enrolled on campus than any other U.S. college or university. sounds legit to me. a growing college athletics beast, and a worthy 'big time' opponent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but we have not been able to catch a break to save our lives the last few years. In these games, it seems like nothing ever goes our way. I think a win at Cincinnati, or beating UCF tonight would have been an enormous confidence boost, and thats what I think these kids need right now. Tonights loss hurts because if Gilbert was playing, I guarantee we would have won. Its just so frustrating because like I said before, we just cannot catch a break and everything that can go wrong usually does.

The injuries have been a bad break over the last few years without a doubt but on the court, a lot of the struggles have been self inflicted.

Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks this team will win the AAC tourney when they can’t beat UCF and Tulsa is out if their mind or in denial. Winners win conference tournaments. This team has no idea how to win yet. You guys need to wait for Hurley year-3. Uconn will be Uconn again when they are only losing conference games to Cincinnati, Memphis and Temple.

Eat your name.

Reaction Score
UCF has more students enrolled on campus than any other U.S. college or university. sounds legit to me. a growing college athletics beast, and a worthy opponent.
College athletes are recruited, they don't show up because the coaches hold open tryouts for the dorms.

Reaction Score
That's how seriously flawed teams who only know losing usually look.

Reaction Score
I
I agree, we can win the AAC tournament. I wouldn't pick us to win it, obviously, but we are capable.
I wouldn't want to play this UConn team going balls to the wall after another 1.5 months of development. Here's to hoping Gilbert, Diarra and maybe even Yakwe are full speed by that time.
f we win the AAC tournament we would be scorching heading into the tournament. In that case we win #5 and need a new coach in 2 years.

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
How could this have happened. In football, back 5 to 8 years ago, UConn had no trouble beating UCF. Now it is unthinkable. And now, they can't even beat them in basketball. 4 time national champs lose to the Knights twice. Wow this program has fallen apart.

38E58AA1-B9B2-496E-8535-5512F3571ACB.jpeg

Reaction Score
And I honestly believe he is, we have a chance to win this damn aac tourney and go dancing.
I hate to break it to you but youre dreaming. This team doesnt have the talent to go anywhere. This is not on DH this is KOs legacy. Until DH gets a roster full of his guys we wont see much of a change. With the class he has coming in next year hes off to a very nice start. The turn around begins next season.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
let's try a more objective approach to predictions: Over the course of the year UConn will be the most improved team in the AAC, moving from the bottom tier of teams to the top tier. I am expecting to be a tough out of the AAC tourney and to make some noise in the NIT. Of course I am old enough to remember the last time we had a great run in the National Also-ran Tournament and I remember what happened after that season. Shall I break into a chorus of "Happy Days are Here Again."

Reaction Score
I hope he isn't the coach I think he is.

That said, we have all the proof we need on how valuable Rique is to this team.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Honestly, at this point, I just hope they can do enough to play in the NIT. NCAAT is a pipe dream this year.

Yeah I wouldn't get offended with chants of N-I-T, N-I-T, by opposing fans this year .... This is a new start/new hope.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If Jalen doesn't get extremely hot they lose by 20. The actual team doesn't seem to be improving much, but just like the past few seasons, if Adams gets hot they can play with a lot of teams but still lose closely.

Reaction Score
I hate to break it to you but youre dreaming. This team doesnt have the talent to go anywhere. This is not on Dan Hurley this is KOs legacy. Until Dan Hurley gets a roster full of his guys we wont see much of a change. With the class he has coming in next year hes off to a very nice start. The turn around begins next season.

We all hope so but, based on how long it's taken at Marquette and others, the state of affairs/results this website's participants want won't likely happen for another 2 to 3 years................unless Hurley finds his own Nadav to get it kick started.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If Jalen doesn't get extremely hot they lose by 20. The actual team doesn't seem to be improving much, but just like the past few seasons, if Adams gets hot they can play with a lot of teams but still lose closely.

The grey numbers under the stats are the rank and show how incorrect this take is.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 1.04.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 1.04.32 PM.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 156

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The grey numbers under the stats are the rank and show how incorrect this take is.

Seems like that's more of a with and without Gilbert issue than anything else.

I'm still all aboard the Hurley train and envision him being very successful here.

Ultimately this season had a ceiling due to our talent, but we're still losing every game on the road and have no offense aside from Adams getting hot.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I ask that same thing about players on the men's hoops team.
Not really. You basically insist on it rather than ask.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're even more perplexing than fans of other programs who come here to talk smack. You're a fan of a different UConn sport who visits to spread bad energy. And even including your posts on the sport you favor, you have a post-to-like ratio that looks a a horrible turnover-to-assist ratio. And nonetheless you persist. Have I got it right? I'm thinking I could pitch this as a series, but want to get the right channel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom