If Hurley is the Coach we Think He is | The Boneyard

If Hurley is the Coach we Think He is

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I agree, we can win the AAC tournament. I wouldn't pick us to win it, obviously, but we are capable.
I wouldn't want to play this UConn team going balls to the wall after another 1.5 months of development. Here's to hoping Gilbert, Diarra and maybe even Yakwe are full speed by that time.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Honestly Year? I know it’s cold and maybe the bottle is empty by now but seriously? Cmon.

We have gone head to head with the best in the conference on the road (cincy and ucf... Houston tbd) and had a fighters chance.

We didn’t have that last year.

And i am in Florida so it’s not that cold.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is not even about Hurley’s coaching ability. We are so freaking deficient in the center and big forward department. He’s a very good coach but he needs that talent. Coach K could not make the tourney with this team, neither could Izzo or anyone else.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
This is not even about Hurley’s coaching ability. We are so freaking deficient in the center and big forward department. He’s a very good coach but he needs that talent. Coach K could not make the tourney with this team, neither could Izzo or anyone else.
I actually feel like it's the wing/forward position that is our weakest now. Plus we don't have Diarra or Yakwe. Josh has really stepped up the last 4 games or so.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
We were horrendous last year, we're less horrendous this year.
Yet we have been within a basket and some boneheaded plays away from beating two of the conference’s heavyweights on the road. Hence my point about coaching.

Reaction Score
How could this have happened. In football, back 5 to 8 years ago, UConn had no trouble beating UCF. Now it is unthinkable. And now, they can't even beat them in basketball. 4 time national champs lose to the Knights twice. Wow this program has fallen apart.

Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks this team will win the AAC tourney when they can’t beat UCF and Tulsa is out if their mind or in denial. Winners win conference tournaments. This team has no idea how to win yet. You guys need to wait for Hurley year-3. Uconn will be Uconn again when they are only losing conference games to Cincinnati, Memphis and Temple.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Houston aside, do you all actually see us much worse than the rest of the aac?

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks this team will win the AAC tourney when they can’t beat UCF and Tulsa is out if their mind or in denial. Winners win conference tournaments. This team has no idea how to win yet. You guys need to wait for Hurley year-3. Uconn will be Uconn again when they are only losing conference games to Cincinnati, Memphis and Temple.
Ucf or Tulsa could win it too .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom