If Evers has a concussion | Page 4 | The Boneyard

If Evers has a concussion

Reaction Score
What I don't love is that there seems to be certain plays where the QB sees they're about to take a hit and then slide... by that point the defender is already committed and it's an impossible situation.

That said you could probably fix that (and many issues) by adopting a rugby tackle rule. The launch tackles are not legal tackles, you have to wrap and take the player down. Bring back form tackling.
The slide rule creates more injuries than prevents them. You’re asking a guy to give up feet first and a defender to stop mid-attack. The proper rule is if you’re a Qb the same rule applies as everybody else. You’ll see a lot less QB runs and a lot more smart low shoulder running.

Reaction Score
This year? With limited playing time? I find that hard to believe not including Merrimack.

… not including Merrimack during a night game, while rolling to his right w/ his left hand tied behind his back?

You find a lot of things hard to believe that end up being factual (Remember your Rosa hasn’t fumbled in his career declaration?).

Reaction Score
The slide rule creates more injuries than prevents them. You’re asking a guy to give up feet first and a defender to stop mid-attack. The proper rule is if you’re a Qb the same rule applies as everybody else. You’ll see a lot less QB runs and a lot more smart low shoulder running.
I guess if you can’t take a hit, maybe FB not your sport?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m starting to think the slide is more dangerous than just trying to keep running and make them tackle you
It is the way that Evers uses it. If you were going to try for extra yardage, just stay up at the end of the play. If you are going to slide, it has to be before defenders are within a stride of you.

Reaction Score
Gotta keep rolling with Joey Fagnano. Having 10 touchdowns passes in roughly 2.5 games isn't a coincidence. Dude is balling.

Hope Evers is ok and gets healthy. He can certainly be our QB next season but it's Joeys time this year.

Reaction Score
This year? With limited playing time? I find that hard to believe not including Merrimack.
Yes, he did it against Buffalo. If what you're actually trying to ask is, does he have the big play capability of Evers where Evers can snap off a 40 yard run? Probably not, no. But yes, Fagnano has pulled the pall on a few read options and gotten the 3 or 4 yards needed for first downs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom