If Evers has a concussion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If Evers has a concussion

Reaction Score
I think both QBs are close, do people like Fagano’s arm, but inaccuracy, or Evers legs, less experience and maybe not as classic a pocket passer.

I think UConn can win with both, Evers more upside IMO. Fagano more of a throwing threat.

I would love to see Evers with efficiency and a running threat. That is what you want to develop. But, if fagano can be accurate, he clearly can thrown ball down field better.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think both QBs are close, do people like Fagano’s arm, but inaccuracy, or Evers legs, mess experience and maybe not as classic a pocket passer.

I think UConn can win with both, Evers more upside IMO. Fagano more of a throwing threat.

It is disingenuous to criticize Fagnano’s supposed inaccuracy but not mention it as a weakness for Evers. Evers is significantly less accurate than Fagnano.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Evers has a real problem with protecting the ball when he runs. Add that to his light frame and that means turnovers and injuries.

It’s obvious that UConn prefers Evers for their RPO scheme and I think the more experience he gets, he gives them the best chance against top competition. But…if he is banged up, turning the ball over and they are playing mediocre teams…Fagnano will do fine.

Reaction Score
Well it looked like a bit of deliberate head hunting hit to me but apparently it’s okay to do this as player is well into slide? Just don’t lead w/helmet but tagging them in head is okay - as slide has been established?
I mean it wasn't against maryland but ya know

Reaction Score
They need to stop running him so much. I've seen far too many athletes in all sports have their careers ended by multiple concussions. Air travel makes it worse too so a PAC 12 landing would be a problem. I read the other day that Joe Paterno didn't want Penn State to join the Big 10. He wanted to create a new conference for Northeast Football. Imagine how awesome a conference with PSU, West Virginia, Syracuse, BC, Pittsburgh, UConn, Rutgers, Temple and a few others would be? All a bus ride away.

Last edited:
Reactions: OEX
Reaction Score
I’m starting to think the slide is more dangerous than just trying to keep running and make them tackle you. Is Evers really that inaccurate compared to Joe? Maybe a little but he doesn’t throw it that often and he has been a victim of a lot of drops when he has.

Reaction Score
I’m starting to think the slide is more dangerous than just trying to keep running and make them tackle you. Is Evers really that inaccurate compared to Joe? Maybe a little but he doesn’t throw it that often and he has been a victim of a lot of drops when he has.
Evers is a better runner. Joe throws two levels above Evers.
Both can win us games with this team because it’s solid throughout. It seems Fagnano is probably a bit better making our offense go. He uses myriad weapons better.

Reaction Score
Evers is a better runner. Joe throws two levels above Evers.
Both can win us games with this team because it’s solid throughout. It seems Fagnano is probably a bit better making our offense go. He uses myriad weapons better.
Two levels? Based on what? Merrimack? I think Evers is a slightly better runner and Joe is definitely a better passer at this point but I’m just saying it’s closer in passing ability than people are giving Evers credit for. He really hasn’t had much opportunity. Even in a nice performance overall today Joe missed numerous times and made more or less easy completions that Bell turned into scores giving Joe some nice passing numbers. If Nick is QB of the future he needs to keep his job and get the reps. His biggest problem is staying on the field. I don’t see much daylight between them as far as winning and I trust the coaches to make the right decision.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
He was very woozy after the hit. If he has sustained a second concussion this season, who knows when we might see him again. UConn is very conservative with injuries, as it should be.
I hope it wasn't a concussion and maybe he sits out the next game to get some rest. It's great that we seem to have 2 QBs that bring out different aspects of the offense. Neither are a complete answer, but both have contributed to the wins so far. I'm ecstatic that of 5 games played, the offense scored over 40 in 3 games...as John Davison used to say, "That's Incredible!"

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
That was a another late hit plain and simple

He slide as you should and still got tagged two times in the head. It is BS and should have been called

Reaction Score
They need to stop running him so much. I've seen far too many athletes in all sports have their careers ended by multiple concussions. Air travel makes it worse too so a PAC 12 landing would be a problem. I read the other day that Joe Paterno didn't want Penn State to join the Big 10. He wanted to create a new conference for Northeast Football. Imagine how awesome a conference with PSU, West Virginia, Syracuse, BC, Pittsburgh, UConn, Rutgers, Temple and a few others would be? All a bus ride away.
Hey, the 60's are calling you.

Reaction Score
Two levels? Based on what? Merrimack? I think Evers is a slightly better runner and Joe is definitely a better passer at this point but I’m just saying it’s closer in passing ability than people are giving Evers credit for. He really hasn’t had much opportunity. Even in a nice performance overall today Joe missed numerous times and made more or less easy completions that Bell turned into scores giving Joe some nice passing numbers. If Nick is QB of the future he needs to keep his job and get the reps. His biggest problem is staying on the field. I don’t see much daylight between them as far as winning and I trust the coaches to make the right decision.
Nope. Fignano should be QB1. The offense moves better with him. With him, UConn can run AND throw.

Reaction Score
Based on Buffalo. This team needs a game manager that gets the ball our to his weapons with a chance to gain more yards and not diving on to the field to make a catch.

But i have no doubt Evers WILL improve in this area but at the moment Joe is better at routine throws especially the slants.

If Nick is healthy i would like to see them both play to be honest.

Reaction Score
this would lead to a 100+ page QB thread, haha
I look at it as way to limit Nick's potential to injury, develop him in game action, and have Joe out there to get the ball into the hands of these dynamic pass catchers. Win/win. The old adage of if you have 2qbs, you have none doesn't apply here.

Reaction Score
I think there should be a rules change to protect a QB when he starts his slide. When he is starting his slide, if a DB or LB see that as an opportunity to get a free shot at the QB’s head, in my book that’s definitely targeting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That was a another late hit plain and simple

He slide as you should and still got tagged two times in the head. It is BS and should have been called
I could not agree more.

Reaction Score
I think there should be a rules change to protect a QB when he starts his slide. When he is starting his slide, if a DB or LB see that as an opportunity to get a free shot at the QB, in my book that’s definitely targeting.
The entire sport is about protecting the qb and penalizing defensive players. It's impossible to pull up when you're full speed and the qb decides to awkwardly slide in the last split second. I've seen qb's fake a slide and keep going without penalty. Frankly, it's ridiculous how much qb's are coddled now.

Reaction Score
I hope it wasn't a concussion and maybe he sits out the next game to get some rest. It's great that we seem to have 2 QBs that bring out different aspects of the offense. Neither are a complete answer, but both have contributed to the wins so far. I'm ecstatic that of 5 games played, the offense scored over 40 in 3 games...as John Davison used to say, "That's Incredible!"
It’s especially great that we actually have three QB’s who can lead this offense, not two, and the best of the three is a de facto freshman redshirt who has not seen one snap so far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom