Votes: 5 5.0%
  • It's a 50/50 game

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Huskies still prevail

Votes: 82 81.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Article from yesterday:

"McGraw said she will continue to consider bringing Peoples off the bench, and that the possibility could grow even more once center Mikayla Vaughn returns from a sprained knee in an estimated two more weeks."

Of course, that doesn't mean she won't come back sooner, magically, just in time for Dec. 8. Lord knows Muffet likes to play fast and loose with the truth.

[/QUOTE
the Lord may know, but I'm not all that familiar with Muffet playing "fast and loose" with the truth.

Reaction Score
UConn will win. Crystal hasn’t been a major factor so far this season and I think she’s currently the fourth best player on the team and if Makurat can consistently start knocking down shots then Crystal will be the fifth best player on the team.

Reaction Score
I am watching Notre Dame vs Minnesota. If CD sits out the game vs ND, it will still be a blowout win for Uconn.

Reaction Score
Not that I am not giving Dangerfield any respect, but Uconn should do fine against ND without her. ND isn't very good.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm not so sure Geno is going to depend on Molly to take Crystal's spot......................I assume Anna and Christyn will share the load and we'll see Griffin and Irwin sharing time up front............

I'm not predicting anything here. Geno did start Molly against Dayton. She played 31 minutes. He could do it again against Seton Hall, or he couldn't. UConn has another game on Sunday against Notre Dame. Does he want to use his core players 36-40 minutes against the Pirates with another game coming up in 3 days? If CD can't play, Molly should see some meaningful minutes. Your assumptions make perfect sense.

Reaction Score
The potential for Molly to be an impact player is in place .She's been around long enough to know Geno's system & handles the ball well enough . The key ingredient that's missing is the 3 point shot she displayed on 'opening night' in the 3 point shooting contest . Seems to me like she's afraid to pull the trigger . That's what's holding her up . Maria Conlon wasn't a high profile player ... but knew the system ...handled the ball well enough ... and was a scoring threat from "three" . Molly needs to be that threat . Go Blue !

Reaction Score
I'm not predicting anything here. Geno did start Molly against Dayton. She played 31 minutes. He could do it again against Seton Hall, or he couldn't. UConn has another game on Sunday against Notre Dame. Does he want to use his core players 36-40 minutes against the Pirates with another game coming up in 3 days? If CD can't play, Molly should see some meaningful minutes. Your assumptions make perfect sense.

don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Molly get more time to show what she's gained at this point in her career.....................if she can prove a capable back up point guard it will really be important as the season progresses................if Anna is still not 100% then the ball is in/on Molly's court...............

Reaction Score
UConn will win. Crystal hasn’t been a major factor so far this season and I think she’s currently the fourth best player on the team and if Makurat can consistently start knocking down shots then Crystal will be the fifth best player on the team.
WRONG! CD is the best PG on the team just as Liv is the best Post. They have no "best player like days of old. A La Stewie, DT or Maya. CD is super important to this team. Please do not disregard or disrespect her!

Reaction Score
A loss to Notre Dame wouldn't necessarily be costly, but it means UConn would need to cash in on in its games against Baylor, Oregon and South Carolina in order to land a 1 or 2 seed. Last year Notre Dame lost to North Carolina and Miami but still landed a 1 seed because they had a ton of high-caliber wins. Same thing with Louisville losing to Miami and Mississippi State losing to Missouri.

Losing to Baylor, Oregon or SC wouldn't be a bad loss, but it's the opportunity cost that would hurt because UConn's schedule this year (like last year's) doesn't provide many other opportunities for the quality wins that the committee tends to value so highly.
This is a ridiculous statement !

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure Geno is going to depend on Molly to take Crystal's spot......................I assume Anna and Christyn will share the load and we'll see Griffin and Irwin sharing time up front............
I sure hope so >>

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Wait a dad gum minute. You guys are worried about the 2019 ND team. Really? Come on guys show some confidence in UConn. If CD doesnt play we have 3 prolific scorers and ONO who ND has no answer for. ND has problems scoring points against good teams. It doesnt look from their other games that they can score 70 pts and you think they can beat UConn??? Come on not way this is happening. Rest CD if you must. If Geno doesnt start her against ND them you know he's confident we will win. If he does start her then imo he wants us to get off to a good start, build a lead, and then rest her. We most likely will need her in the DePaul and Tenn games which could be a little more competitive. ND this season is N (nothing) D (doing).

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What I am remembering is Notre Dame flopping to get Liv in foul trouble-we have all seen this in the past.
My favorite play of the entire season last year. Mabrey drives to the basket for what she thought would be an easy layup only to have Liv make a statement rejection. Mabrey is left sprawling on the court crying to the refs to get the license of the truck that just ran over her, while the Huskies sprint the other way for an easy transition basket.

Reaction Score

What games have you been watching? Dangerfield IS what makes this offense go! We take for granted just how special some current players are because we always measure them against the all time greats.

Reaction Score
I suspect that Geno will give Molly minutes in the Seton Hall game to see is she can build on the Dayton game. I imagine Molly is a competitive person even if she isn't as talented as the other UConn players. Consequently, it looks to me like she is caught in the no man's land of trying too hard to show Geno what she can do while at the same time being afraid that she will be yanked as soon as she makes a mistake.

Hopefully, if she knows she is going to get minutes because of CD's unavailability, she can relax a little bit and let the game come to her instead of trying to force things bringing the ball up and passing (and being afraid to shoot). If she can do that and show Geno that she is more reliable she will get minutes against ND. If not, you will see Anna being the primary ball handler bringing the ball up on Sunday. In either case, I suspect ND may try a trapping press to speed up the primary ball handler whether it be Molly or Anna.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I suspect that Geno will give Molly minutes in the Seton Hall game to see is she can build on the Dayton game. I imagine Molly is a competitive person even if she isn't as talented as the other UConn players. Consequently, it looks to me like she is caught in the no man's land of trying too hard to show Geno what she can do while at the same time being afraid that she will be yanked as soon as she makes a mistake.

Hopefully, if she knows she is going to get minutes because of CD's unavailability, she can relax a little bit and let the game come to her instead of trying to force things bringing the ball up and passing (and being afraid to shoot). If she can do that and show Geno that she is more reliable she will get minutes against ND. If not, you will see Anna being the primary ball handler bringing the ball up on Sunday. In either case, I suspect ND may try a trapping press to speed up the primary ball handler whether it be Molly or Anna.
If Crystal is not available against ND, Molly will be playing regardless of how it goes tonight. Geno doesn't have many options to go to when it comes to his PG. I think the only question is whether she starts.
However, my hope is that CD starts and plays effectively in all phases of her game.

Reaction Score
I watched the ND-Minnesota game. Minnesota ran away with it in first three quarters, them let ND back in, allowing lay ups that Liv would have blocked.

Reaction Score
That is assuming the "masters of flop" don't get Liv in foul trouble....;)

Reaction Score
Who led Uconn in 3-point percentage accuracy last year? Who is leading Uconn in both field goal percentage and3-point accuracy this year? Could it be we have two secret weapons to make it rain on Muffet's tuffets?They both should get lots of practice in Joisey tonight.

Reaction Score
Crystal. :cool: If she can't answer the bell, it means she needs more time to recover. The fact that she has not returned to practice as of yesterday is disheartening. It was hoped that over the last 5 days she would have rested and received treatment to relieve the back spasms, and be ready to go.

If UConn goes into these next two games without Dangerfield, of course they will be at a huge disadvantage, but the show must go on. Anytime you lose your floor general, you're at a disadvantage. That means Molly and the rest of the reserves will have to step up BIG time again. Molly has had 5 days to mentally prepare for this possibility, she should be ready.

Molly is not Crystal. She's not going to replicate the things (numbers) that Dangerfield does. If she can play solid defense, not turn the ball over, score 8 points, and collect 5-6 assists, we should be OK. All we need from Molly is for her to stick her finger in the dyke until Crystal gets back.

If they can win these two games with 8 players, then it's a win-win for UConn. Think of the boost in confidence and morale it would give the team. If not, then Geno knows exactly what he has, and knows what adjustments he needs to make going forward. With the talent UConn has, even without Crystal, they should be able to come out on top against Seton Hall and a rebuilding 5-4 Notre Dame. Several posters here also believe that UConn will have little to no problem with Seton Hall or Notre Dame. I'll drink to that. ;)

Massey has #4 UConn a 80-61 favorite over unranked Seton Hall, and a 77-67 winner over the unranked Irish on Sunday.
So very well said. And great information.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom