IF ASU Could Shoot | The Boneyard

IF ASU Could Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
They could have cracked Notre Dame's shaky composure in the first half. Dame is now in composure territory and will lengthen their lead, but has hardly looked like a juggernaut tonight.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I was afraid to comment on this (mojo) but I was thinking the same thing. If ASU had scorers, this would be a game

Reaction Score
If only this UConn team had that killer instinct to come out strong and keep the pedal to the metal.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You are talking about a team in ASU that finished the year going 2-6 losing to Arizona, Oregon, Oregon State, and USC to go with losing to Cal and Stanford. There commanding wins were against Utah and Colorado. If they could shoot/score they probably would have been a higher seed than a 9

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Notre Dame does not appear to be a juggernaut.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I'm a very confident UConn fan if we meet ND. Very Confident.

Reaction Score
You are talking about a team in ASU that finished the year going 2-6 losing to Arizona, Oregon, Oregon State, and USC to go with losing to Cal and Stanford. There commanding wins were against Utah and Colorado. If they could shoot/score they probably would have been a higher seed than a 9
Yeah, and UConn had trouble @Temple and @SMU before eventually pulling away and winning big. ND starts slow like UConn. Tonight's showing against ASU doesn't mean a thing.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I'm a very confident UConn fan if we meet ND. Very Confident.
You know Tony C- I think DePaul is the team I would least like to play next out of anyone! Not that we wouldn't win- just an out of the box feeling. I don't think N Dame matches up with us as well as some other teams do. Just the way I see it!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Yeah, and UConn had trouble @Temple and @SMU before eventually pulling away and winning big. ND starts slow like UConn. Tonight's showing against ASU doesn't mean a thing.
I don't believe you can compare a couple of mid season regular season games as a comparison to a game to move into the sweet sixteen.

Besides, UConn was way ahead by the half where ASU gave them a good game into the second half.

I will say that 22 TO's and 22 personal fouls is terrible for the tourney. And their freshman had terrible games. It will only get harder for them.

They had 3 players take 41 out of 57 shots and score 66 of 84 points.

The are good enough to keep winning, but I'm with Tony.

Reaction Score
Saying "If ASU could shoot" is like saying 'if pigs could fly." They can't and didn't. It's been their problem all year. In some ways, I'm surprised they got as many points as they did against ND.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You know Tony C- I think DePaul is the team I would least like to play next out of anyone! Not that we wouldn't win- just an out of the box feeling. I don't think N Dame matches up with us as well as some other teams do. Just the way I see it!

If ND doesn't match up well with us, nobody does. Yeah, upsets happen, but if DePaul gives up 100 points, they sure aren't going to score 104 against us. Only 4 teams have scored over 60 against us one being Oregon whom we scored 114 against, and no team has gone into the 70s. I haven't seen a team outside of ND who has the right combo of O and D to beat us even on a relatively bad shooting night. Even ND isn't showing the night in and out strength on D, with several teams getting into the 60's and 8 into the 70s with even one 80s thrown in, and nobody they've played has our O. Doesn't mean we can't lose to someone, but trying to find any team that really matches up with UConn I think is pretty impossible this year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Saying "If ASU could shoot" is like saying 'if pigs could fly." They can't and didn't. It's been their problem all year. In some ways, I'm surprised they got as many points as they did against ND.

Guess I was opaque - that was my point. It was not ND giving them offensive problems, but their ineptitude. ND was vulnerable and they lacked the capacity to seize the opportunity, rattle the heck out of them and maybe pull off an upset. I guess the game gave Muffet plenty to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom