If Amidah Brima ... | The Boneyard

If Amidah Brima ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
at least two (I can't remember all of them) were legit. He hipchecked a guy in the backcourt for no reason whatsoever and then the last one he brought his arm down as Govan shot. It was charmin soft, but you can't do that. I know Amida is flawed and everything, but he was absolutely awful tonight. From the opening moments he traveled off a board, decided taking an 17 foot jump shot was a good idea, and then was in foul trouble all game.

Reaction Score
He is at worst the third most to blame for this loss behind Purvis and Steve

The sophomore who expects to play 8 mins a game at best isn't to blame. The senior who fouls out when he knows this team needs him as an anchor is.

And the other senior who makes boneheaded decisions with the ball in his hand over and over and over again. That's on him, a middle school coach can tell you not to switch pivot feet, doesn't help if you don't listen.

Reaction Score
He does get some bogus calls against him, but this is year 4 now. You know this... it's not new. Stop print yourself in those situations especially when you don't have to. It's not fair but overcome it, be smarter. And that just hasn't happened.

Reaction Score
This is why Ollie needs to work the refs to protect him. It is mostly on Brimah but it is a little on KO. KO needed to bitch big time about this starting tow years ago, so that by now, it's a point of focus for the refs.

Reaction Score
He is at worst the third most to blame for this loss behind Purvis and Steve
Really? I thought Steve played really well. We looked really good before he got his 3rd foul and Durham came in for him. Never put it back together after getting pulled but he can't be the blame.

Reaction Score
Can't give Bimah an out on this. For every phantom call is a why you do that call!?

Reaction Score
at least two (I can't remember all of them) were legit. He hipchecked a guy in the backcourt for no reason whatsoever and then the last one he brought his arm down as Govan shot. It was charmin soft, but you can't do that. I know Amida is flawed and everything, but he was absolutely awful tonight. From the opening moments he traveled off a board, decided taking an 17 foot jump shot was a good idea, and then was in foul trouble all game.

Agree with this, but he was fouled on the travel call. You can't knock a guy coming down with a rebound like that.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
At best and I mean at best there was one questionable call today

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Imagine seeing the same player get called for the same type of foul by dozens of officials and thinking its the refs' fault.
Was it two turnovers and a foul with 30 seconds to a minute? Or was it 1 turnover and a foul. He gets the rebound, he can put the ball on the floor to get his balance, why stretch your legs out and skip for a walk? That baffled me all the way to the TV timeout. Didn't Ollie call a timeout in the second half at the 15:29 mark? That's the TV timeout. I ran upstairs to get a drink. I didn't know if they charged him.

August_West

Reaction Score
Was it two turnovers and a foul with 30 seconds to a minute? Or was it 1 turnover and a foul. He gets the rebound, he can put the ball on the floor to get his balance, why stretch your legs out and skip for a walk? That baffled me all the way to the TV timeout. Didn't Ollie call a timeout in the second half at the 15:29 mark? That's the TV timeout. I ran upstairs to get a drink. I didn't know if they charged him.

Well the 20 foot jumpshot I guess can count as a to

August_West

Reaction Score
No his contributing only 7 minutes was the major flaw. At least the other two guys poured sweat on the court.
5 fouls in 7 minutes is mind blowing for a senior

Reaction Score
The sophomore who expects to play 8 mins a game at best isn't to blame. The senior who fouls out when he knows this team needs him as an anchor is.

And the other senior who makes boneheaded decisions with the ball in his hand over and over and over again. That's on him, a middle school coach can tell you not to switch pivot feet, doesn't help if you don't listen.
Bad as he was today, Steve was worse. Was Purvis's right hand man in destroying our offense, and was again a gross liability on the defensive side, which along with Purvis's meltdown allowed Georgetown to come back from 14 down. Wish they did +/- in college ball

Don't get me wrong, I love Steve; but in this game hurt the team more by being on the floor than Amidah did by not being on the floor. Would have rather had Juwan in there. Steve doesn't play like a sophomore who expects 8 minutes a game. He averages third most shots per minute on the team despite averaging 2.9 points on 37% shooting. He has made a total of TWO assists all season; once he gets the ball, he is going up with it. And his touch was not there at all today.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Bad as he was today, Steve was worse. Was Purvis's right hand man in destroying our offense, and was again a gross liability on the defensive side, which along with Purvis's meltdown allowed Georgetown to come back from 14 down. Wish they did +/- in college ball

Don't get me wrong, I love Steve; but in this game hurt the team more by being on the floor than Amidah did by not being on the floor. Would have rather had Juwan in there. Steve doesn't play like a sophomore who expects 8 minutes a game. He averages third most shots per minute on the team despite averaging 2.9 points on 37% shooting. He has made a total of TWO assists all season; once he gets the ball, he is going up with it. And his touch was not there at all today.
Really liked Steve's game today. He still needs to polish his game but this was the first game against a legitimate front court I felt he showed promise.

Reaction Score

Dude, did you see what happened to our team when Enoch went out of the game? We were up 14. It did not last long with Enoch out. He was not a part of the collapse because HE WASNT PLAYING.

Watch the game again

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score

You're really trying hard to get this "Steve sucked today" narrative to stick despite him not sucking today. Not sure what you were watching.

Reaction Score
You're really trying hard to get this "Steve sucked today" narrative to stick despite him not sucking today. Not sure what you were watching.
"Narrative"? No kid it's just the impression I had after the game ended. Maybe I was off; as I said, I'm going to re-watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom