Ideas to make the NBA All-Star game more meaningful | The Boneyard

Ideas to make the NBA All-Star game more meaningful

Reaction Score
I am sure my idea has been mentioned in some form somewhere:

Make it USA All-Stars vs International All-Stars, this would be huge for bragging rights. Just look at Lebron lining up other American All-Stars for the Olympics. I think the large majority of players would be into participating.

You could even take it a step further and extend All-Star weekend to a 3-4 day affair and make it:

Round 1: East USA All-Stars vs East International All-Stars and West USA All-Stars vs West International All-Stars.
Round 2: Winner of Game 1 vs winner of Game 2, that way you can still have east vs west for the finals which would determine home court for the finals of the playoffs.

I think this gives players more to play for during All-Star weekend. You could even have a cash bonus for both round 1 winners and the round 2 winner to further sweeten the deal. Bragging rights, cash, and home court advantage. Plus you give a platform for even more players to showcase their talents during a huge event that millions tune into. Maybe it would feel a little watered down with double the number of All-Stars than before but being top 40-50 in the world is still a big deal and the 40th or 50th best player is still very good. You could even just give each team 10 players to keep it to 40 best in the world.

Reaction Score
Here’s an idea how about East vs West like it used to be, 15 man rosters. The more changes to the allstar format the 4 major sports leagues make the worse it gets and less people watch. When you have something that is successful leave it alone, some subtle changes here and there ok like the rookie vs sophomore game.

The only allstar game that no one ever watched was the pro bowl. What did the NFL do they just made it even worse. Should’ve just kept in Hawaii the players who don’t wanna play in the game cool, let guys who wanna play the chance to go to Hawaii.

Reaction Score
Any sport that needs another tournament in season to get their players to play more isn’t going to change their skeleton defense classic.

Reaction Score
Any sport that needs another tournament in season to get their players to play more isn’t going to change their skeleton defense classic.
Another joke it’s the regular season it’s only going to make even less fans interested.

I always loved watching the all star game growing up, seeing MJ and rooting like heck for him to win, for the East being a Knicks fan, it actually meant something at the time in a meaningless game, maybe it helped that you didn’t have social media seeing MJ, Magic, Bird and the other legends run into the court and the younger generation of stars was kind of a right of passage, you only saw these guys running onto the court for the most part you didn’t see them on social media every minute of the day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom