I'd like Warde Manuel to just answer a simple question... | The Boneyard

I'd like Warde Manuel to just answer a simple question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
What is UConn football?...

Reaction Score
I sent in an email asking more or less the same thing and received this back from Warde:

"David,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
I can assure you that there is a commitment to the academic success of the University and our student-athletes academic and athletic success. UCONN is a great academic and athletic institution and we will continue to vehemently fight the perception that because we did not get into an athletic conference that somehow that diminishes the greatness of UCONN. We were great yesterday, today, and we will continue to strive for greatness in the future.
As someone who has 3 degrees from and worked at Michigan for 9 years UCONN is certainly closer to Michigan or Stanford than we will ever be to a mid-major. Our goal is to sustain success at the highest levels academically and athletically.
I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me. I hope you continue to support the your alma mater – we need you now more than ever. Thanks for the support.
Go Huskies!
Warde"

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I sent in an email asking more or less the same thing and received this back from Warde:

"David,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
I can assure you that there is a commitment to the academic success of the University and our student-athletes academic and athletic success. UCONN is a great academic and athletic institution and we will continue to vehemently fight the perception that because we did not get into an athletic conference that somehow that diminishes the greatness of UCONN. We were great yesterday, today, and we will continue to strive for greatness in the future.
As someone who has 3 degrees from and worked at Michigan for 9 years UCONN is certainly closer to Michigan or Stanford than we will ever be to a mid-major. Our goal is to sustain success at the highest levels academically and athletically.
I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me. I hope you continue to support the your alma mater – we need you now more than ever. Thanks for the support.
Go Huskies!
Warde"

At risk of bitching about something that might just be a chain letter (but likely a chain letter that he crafted), I get relatively pissed off about the fact that I have an Athletic Director of my great university, with numerous national championships in multiple sports, saying things like "...UCONN is certainly closer to Michigan or Stanford than we will ever be to a mid-major."

Does THIS really define how he feels about UConn??? That we are somewhere better than halfway towards Michigan athletically than we are from Toledo?!? No wonder other people in the nation don't believe in our f#$king greatness....OUR OWN A.D. DOESN'T EVEN BELIEVE IN IT!!!! Someone go buy him a donut and take 15 minutes out of their day to explain to this -clown where he actually works...:mad:

Reaction Score
In football we are a mid-major, people we were picked on the bottom of the big east for a reason. Stop drinking the cool-aid. A big east which is perceived as the worst bcs conference. If Uconn wins some games on national t.v. maybe you get some respect. Respect is earned not given. Boise St. earned theirs, when is it time to get ours. Next year vs. Michigan will be a good start. Beating ND and SC was a start, losing to Temple and W.Michigan is not acceptable..

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
At risk of bitching about something that might just be a chain letter (but likely a chain letter that he crafted), I get relatively pissed off about the fact that I have an Athletic Director of my great university, with numerous national championships in multiple sports, saying things like "...UCONN is certainly closer to Michigan or Stanford than we will ever be to a mid-major."

Does THIS really define how he feels about UConn??? That we are somewhere better than halfway towards Michigan athletically than we are from Toledo?!? No wonder other people in the nation don't believe in our f#$king greatness....OUR OWN A.D. DOESN'T EVEN BELIEVE IN IT!!!! Someone go buy him a donut and take 15 minutes out of their day to explain to this -clown where he actually works...:mad:

That is a really stupid reaction to what Warde wrote. Really, really stupid. Monumentally stupid.

As a poster, you're now far closer to HFD than you are to Bizlawyer.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
That is a really stupid reaction to what Warde wrote. Really, really stupid. Monumentally stupid.

Your post is a really stupid reaction to my post. A really, really stupid one. Monumentally stupid.

If you don't see the inherent perception problem that one might have to refer to a major athletic department in terms of how close it is to Michigan versus how close it is to a mid-major, then YOU'RE the one that has the problem, not me! Jesus, I have to explain to UConn fans why our athletic department shouldn't be considered anything like a friggin' mid-major, and then they call me stupid for it. Nice call, Fishy...

Reaction Score

Given that I didn't see HFD almost burn down the stadium Saturday, consideration must be given to whether you were praising or insulting UCDan with that comparison.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's not the thought, Dan. The thought is fine. It's how you express it.

He missed Warde's intent, but even with that, the tone of the response did not reflect well on him.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Where am I on the spectrum?

Carl, if you invented crazy, HFD came along and invented crazy 2.0.

You are going to have to up your game, my friend.

Reaction Score
He missed Warde's intent, but even with that, the tone of the response did not reflect well on him.

I cut him some slack. He's been answering emails from us crazy people all day, I get the tone wrong almost every time I hit "post reply".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Could not agree more. The Boneyard is nothing if not a forum for moderate measured opinion. Shame on you Dan for showing a pulse.:rolleyes:

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

I apologize for being a bit over-the-top with my tone, even though I stand behind my reading of Warde's intent.

I'm sure you feel bad about the choice of words in your response and how it didn't reflect well on you, so I'll leave it at that...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
carl is so dam crazy, he let me borrow his fleet.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Yeah, and you sunk them all in the bath tub. See if I ever let you play with my boats again.

They might come back to you in pieces, Carl, but at least they all have a pretty cool "glow-in-the-dark" sticker on them that says B1GHARDER, so you've got that going for you... ;)

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
What is UConn football?...

I love the moxie that new QB recruit Richard Lagow is already bringing (see below, courtesy of Huskyniner):

@RichardLagow
it's 1:16. and Rutgers still sucks

More kids like this, and I think the future of UConn football is pretty bright...:cool:

Reaction Score
Great. Now I have a visual of HFD and Carl sitting in a bubble bath arguing with each other ala Adam Sandler in "Billy Madison".

Gotta have the visual.

petersen_lomo1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member