Ice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ice is in the mental phase of her career. She looks to Not be trusting her instinctive skills due to the injury. ( She still has glitch in her gitty up) I think she needs the time on the court to catch the rhythm and the assurance of her abilities. I would like to see her less reluctant on offense and start searching for her shot. I don't want her to become content cheerleading.

Reaction Score
What I'm concerned about in regard to Ice is that she does not seem to have any back to the basket game. She is basically a jump shooting big (a bit like Amari) and i don't know if that can improve dramatically even if she gets in a much better shape.
You should pass that on to Jamelle and CD.

Reaction Score
The frosh are playing well with more game minutes. How about that for Ice.

Reaction Score
Ice was the only one with a negative +/- in the Marquette game. At that rate I doubt she'll get a lot of minutes against Creighton, but I hope she'll get some playing time against some of our softer opponents to get into game shape and work on her post moves and confidence. We'll need her as the season goes on.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
They got more minutes because they were playing well. They aren't playing well because they got more minutes. Those three had a positive impact right away.
True that they are getting better with more game reps, but you have to reach a threshold of trust to get yourself in that position.

Reaction Score
They got more minutes because they were playing well. They aren't playing well because they got more minutes. Those three had a positive impact right away.
True that they are getting better with more game reps, but you have to reach a threshold of trust to get yourself in that position.
They got more minutes because there was nobody else available. Because they got stress free minutes they've gotten better. End of story.

Reaction Score
Ice was the only one with a negative +/- in the Marquette game. At that rate I doubt she'll get a lot of minutes against Creighton, but I hope she'll get some playing time against some of our softer opponents to get into game shape and work on her post moves and confidence. We'll need her as the season goes on.
They will need her. So play her.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
They got more minutes because there was nobody else available. Because they got stress free minutes they've gotten better. End of story.
KK. Q, and Ash were dynamic, fearless and impactful right off the jump. Stark contrast to Ice, unfortunately. She was expected to get lots of minutes and they were, and are, available to her. Don't you think Geno would LOVE to have an effective Ice Brady to plug in?

-30-

Reaction Score
Great win today! Very exciting to be a UConn fan.
I don’t know how much of Ice’s conditioning has been mentioned, but I have noticed for a while that she is a tad too slow. I understand that Ice has had surgery and hasn’t played for a rather long time. She doesn’t appear to be completely over the rust of being out and in reality is a kid out of high school.
I am sure that the training staff & coaches are aware.
Once she is in shape she could and probably be a force. We need her down low badly. Looking forward to bigger things from the young ladies! Happy New Year
I don't think she is physically too slow, I think she is reacting too slow to the game. She looks a lot like Dorka to me in that she isn't an inside player and when she is inside she is lost. She needs to take the ball to the hoop to be successful, not get the ball in the post with her back to the basket.

Reaction Score
What I'm concerned about in regard to Ice is that she does not seem to have any back to the basket game. She is basically a jump shooting big (a bit like Amari) and i don't know if that can improve dramatically even if she gets in a much better shape.
I saw her several times in high school when she was only a sophomore, and she had a very good down low game, with either hand. I'm not sure where it went, but it should be in there somewhere!

Reaction Score
The impression I got from watching videos of Ice in HS was that she was a well rounded polished offensive performer, effective inside and out and with good passing skills. She didn't in any way look like a project on that end of the floor, in fact just the opposite with well refined moves, not just a big girl taking advantage of her height.

My concerns were more on the other end, as she did not appear to be particularly long or have much spring. I anticipated a position rebounder, but didn't expect great things in terms of rebounding or blocked shots. Those concerns are very serious now, perhaps exasperated by recovery from injury and not being in top shape.

At this point I don't expect her ever to be a good rebounder/shot blocker, but better than she has shown thus far. On the offensive end nothing is working now. not scoring effectively inside or out, and the ball handling/passing hasn't met expectations either. To her credit she has not thrown the ball away much, but she isn't getting assists either.

On the offensive end she has the tools, inside, outside, and passing. She needs a good game in the worst way to build confidence, and obviously if out of condition needs to get there in the near future. She is currently getting more minutes than her play deserves, and yet if she doesn't progress the team ceiling for this year is lowered substantially.

She is in the rotation, if everyone was healthy she wouldn't be. She needs to perform in the minutes she is getting or those might even decrease. If she performs anywhere close to preseason expectations her minutes will go up, possibly even start.

Given the hand we have been dealt with injuries, Ice looks like the key piece in how good this group can be. I imagine the one thing many of us hope to see every game is a breakout performance from Ice with the hope that means she is over the jitters, is settling in, and can be a more consistent performer the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom