Ice Brady Talks Her Recruitment | The Boneyard

Ice Brady Talks Her Recruitment

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Seems Geno does more than walk around the basketball court.

“Oh my goodness, I would talk to Coach Geno [Auriemma] all the time and I’d just be like, ‘it was just a blessing that I went on my visit when I did and committed on my visit when I did,’” Brady said. “I feel bad for all the other girls that didn’t get a chance to finish up their actual recruitment because they didn’t get to see campus or whatever. It was a huge weight off my shoulders.”

The UConn staff came out to watch her over the summer, her final AAU season with Cal Sparks, and last month Auriemma and Chris Dailey made it out to San Diego for a home visit.
“It was awesome,” Brady said. “Obviously they’re working on the team that they have right now, but still to talk to them and have them let me know what’s going on, just keeping in contact, that was really important. It obviously shows that they still cared, they didn’t forget about me.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Though she’d previously crossed paths with Saylor Poffenbarger, Amari DeBerry, Azzi Fudd and Paige Bueckers from various camps or USA Basketball trials, her visit was the first time she really got to meet spend quality time with her future teammates and was the first time she got to meet Patterson.

“Everyone’s very like-minded. It’s definitely a UConn vibe,” Brady said. “[Auriemma] recruits certain players, so everyone got along together and it was awesome.”

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Two thoughts on the article:

- Both Ice & Ayanna raved about the impact of the crowd at 1st Night. Hopefully, KiKi and her parents got the same vibe.

- I don’t know if UConn has ever had a player quite like Ice, a big, strong, physical player with a great shooting touch all the way out to the arc.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ice is going to be really really special because she just gets it:

“Just not being in a box, that was my biggest thing,” Brady said. “I wouldn’t want to just be a five or just be a four ... definitely want to stretch out to that three, and then of course along with that being fast enough, quick enough to guard that position as well.”

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
One can’t have a graduated professional in the starting lineup.
I presume your are speaking of Dorka, a graduate student, who, as of this year, has two years of eligibility remaining.

"Juhász has two years of eligibility remaining: Her senior season and the bonus COVID year. She came to UConn with the intention using both but also wants to keep her options open. When I transferred, I’m definitely looking forward to having that two years,” she said. “It’s gonna be one by one. We’ll see how obviously this year goes but I’m definitely not looking forward to just use one year, I’m definitely looking forward to use two.”
1635188821609.png

Reaction Score

“Just not being in a box, that was my biggest thing,” Brady said. “I wouldn’t want to just be a five or just be a four ... definitely want to stretch out to that three, and then of course along with that being fast enough, quick enough to guard that position as well.”
There's your perimeter defender, Coco.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Can I get an amen!
There is no way a freshman Kiki will start before a junior Muhl if Muhl is still at UConn. If she has improved play over last season, she will have an above average season this year and will be a mainstay in the starting lineup in 2022. Kiki still has to learn a system Muhl already knows and plays well in. If Kiki starts at the start of the season it will mean she is super and/or Muhl has either stopped improving or has regressed. Just saying.

Reaction Score
There is no way a freshman Kiki will start before a junior Muhl if Muhl is still at UConn. If she has improved play over last season, she will have an above average season this year and will be a mainstay in the starting lineup in 2022. Kiki still has to learn a system Muhl already knows and plays well in. If Kiki starts at the start of the season it will mean she is super and/or Muhl has either stopped improving or has regressed. Just saying.

not disagreeing but there’s people that believe Azzi will start for either EW or CW

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sure there is. Muhl is a point guard and does not shot the ball well enough from close or deep to play shooting guard or SF-38% for the season. Very much like Evina Westbrook Kiki can play SG, PG, or SF. Kiki would also be the best perimeter defender on the UCONN squad. Learning the UCONN offense will not be an issue for Kiki because she has USA basketball and high caliber AAU experience.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Sure there is. Muhl is a point guard and does not shot the ball well enough from close or deep to play shooting guard or SF-38% for the season. Very much like Evina Westbrook Kiki can play SG, PG, or SF. Kiki would also be the best perimeter defender on the UCONN squad. Learning the UCONN offense will not be an issue for Kiki because she has USA basketball and high caliber AAU experience.
@CocoHusky beat me to the response. I usually agree with what you say D, but here I agree with everything Coco says. Plus Nika doesn't finish around the rim well at all. Kiki does. In fact, her first step to the hoop is as good as any in WCBB right now. Nika is a good defender, but she does take a lot of chances on the perimeter. That leads to steals, but when she misses it also leads to a free lane to the rim for her mark. Now I've been about everything KiKi for a long time now, and if you don't think that this #2 recruit in the 2022 class won't be a freshman starter for near any team in WCBB then I don't know what to tell you.

Reaction Score

She really gets it because at her size, she is really a SF or PF in the WNBA so she needs to start working towards that.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
@CocoHusky beat me to the response. I usually agree with what you say D, but here I agree with everything Coco says. Plus Nika doesn't finish around the rim well at all. Kiki does. In fact, her first step to the hoop is as good as any in WCBB right now. Nika is a good defender, but she does take a lot of chances on the perimeter. That leads to steals, but when she misses it also leads to a free lane to the rim for her mark. Now I've been about everything KiKi for a long time now, and if you don't think that this #2 recruit in the 2022 class won't be a freshman starter for near any team in WCBB then I don't know what to tell you.
You all seem to miss that I said "If she Improves" this season. If she does improve she will be finishing better, and have a more accurate outside shot. Her defense should also improve. There have been other players who have had USA Basketball and high caliber AAU experience who took a while to learn the UConn system. She will have to show me she is as good on defense as you say she is. CW was supposed to be a really good defensive player coming into college but it took her some time. I still say if Muhl is better this season than she was last season she will start her junior season, regardless of Kiki's presence.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You all seem to miss that I said "If she Improves" this season. If she does improve she will be finishing better, and have a more accurate outside shot. Her defense should also improve. There have been other players who have had USA Basketball and high caliber AAU experience who took a while to learn the UConn system. She will have to show me she is as good on defense as you say she is. CW was supposed to be a really good defensive player coming into college but it took her some time. I still say if Muhl is better this season than she was last season she will start her junior season, regardless of Kiki's presence.
Kiki could improve as well. Kiki is the #2 ranked player in her class. Every player ranked #1 or #2 that chose UCONN was a starter NLT the beginning of their sophomore year. I just don't think Nika can improved enough to keep Kiki from extending that streak.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom