I wrote a post two weeks ago to sit Boatright the next two games | The Boneyard

I wrote a post two weeks ago to sit Boatright the next two games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We couldve won without him--and even if we didnt--it would be a lot better to get him healthy that struggle all year with a hurt foot. Now we are dead--without Boatright this team will not win much of anything. We still HAVE to get him healthy--even at the expense of losing games. The problem is those games now will be much harder to win rather than CCSU and Columbia.

Reaction Score
There's no evidence that his current injury has anything to do with his previous injury or fatigue for that matter. This team needs time on the court together. Holding him out would've negatively impacted development of chemistry.

Reaction Score
We couldve won without him--and even if we didnt--it would be a lot better to get him healthy that struggle all year with a hurt foot. Now we are dead--without Boatright this team will not win much of anything. We still HAVE to get him healthy--even at the expense of losing games. The problem is those games now will be much harder to win rather than CCSU and Columbia.
You realize his injury is a new one? So it has nothing to do with the past and sitting him those games would have done nothing?

Try to keep up with reality, come on

Reaction Score
Well, considering that it looks like he has a different injury, your idea is as pointless today as it was two weeks ago.
He wasnt right well before that. Hes hurt in ore than 1 area.

Reaction Score
Boat won't let anyone sit him down including Coach. Its his last year.

Reaction Score
scrappy2.0 said:
He wasnt right well before that. Hes hurt in ore than 1 area.

Too stubborn to concede defeat?

Reaction Score
I agree with the OP had Boat rested those games the team would of had an idea of how to play without Boat. Now who knows when we get Boat back and the team looks lost without Boat and the team has to figure out how to play without him against better competition then the likes of Columbia and CCSU

Reaction Score
Regardless, Boatright's inability to to stay healthy has pretty much cost this team the season unless they win the league tournament. We win 3 of these games if he's healthy.

Reaction Score
I agree with the OP had Boat rested those games the team would of had an idea of how to play without Boat. Now who knows when we get Boat back and the team looks lost without Boat and the team has to figure out how to play without him against better competition then the likes of Columbia and CCSU

You don't rest your best player when he is healthy in case he gets hurt and can't play in the future. This logic is horrible. When your best player gets hurt, you are usually duck___, and that goes for most teams.

Reaction Score
When have you seen college teams openly rest healthy players to avoid injuries? Not even sure what playing without Boat would do to enable Purvis and Dham to execute a dribble drive without getting stripped.

Reaction Score
When have you seen college teams openly rest healthy players to avoid injuries? Not even sure what playing without Boat would do to enable Purvis and Dham to execute a dribble drive without getting stripped.

Are you serious? you never seeing colleges rest their best player to have them healthy? And how do you not know what to do to enable Purvis and Hamilton to execute a drive? uh you teach them whats the point of having all these ex PG coaches if not to teach our guards something like using common sense.

Reaction Score
Are you serious? you never seeing colleges rest their best player to have them healthy? And how do you not know what to do to enable Purvis and Hamilton to execute a drive? uh you teach them whats the point of having all these ex PG coaches if not to teach our guards something like using common sense.
Please name the instances where college teams sat out a healthy player for a game or multiple games just to have him healthy down the line. NAME ONE. This isn't the same as the NBA or the NFL where teams have seedings locked up and male healthy scratches at the end of the season. And the other point about DHam and Purv is a separate issue entirely, that's guys just getting better handles and learning when to tuck the ball, that is a completely separate issue than playing without Boat.

Reaction Score
The funny thing is Boat was horrific early in the game anyway - bad shots, bad passes, lazy on D early, so we were in the game anyway. They should have won one for him!

Reaction Score
Please name the instances where college teams sat out a healthy player for a game or multiple games just to have him healthy down the line. NAME ONE. This isn't the same as the NBA or the NFL where teams have seedings locked up and male healthy scratches at the end of the season. And the other point about DHam and Purv is a separate issue entirely, that's guys just getting better handles and learning when to tuck the ball, that is a completely separate issue than playing without Boat.

Get out of here with the this isn't the NBA bs as I never said he should sit out, I said he should of rested played a half maybe limit his minutes? instead of riding him against inferior competition. The way ppl talk up Brimah and Hamilton we should have the best players on the floor on any given night and shouldn't need to rely on Boat so heavily if we have these monsters.
If there was ever time for him to rest it was those games if there was a ever a time for the team to figure out who the go to guy was it was those games, yes his injury today had nothing to do with fatigue but the team should have been better prepared to play without Boat.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Geez I needed to tape the game and decided I couldn't wait for outcome and opened BY to find the whole team stunk up the place
It took me half way into the Espn recap to find out Ryan missed the second half

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Regardless, Boatright's inability to to stay healthy has pretty much cost this team the season unless they win the league tournament. We win 3 of these games if he's healthy.
Going to hurt him in the draft as well. At 5'10 170 pounds durability was probably already a concern.

Reaction Score
Boatright was not himself even the last two games. The kid is so tough that he plays through it. The logic here is /was to have him get as healthy as possible during a stretch wher we had two easier games and time off as well. Now how is he going to get healthy? Now he is dealing with the ankle AND the upper thigh and he is NOT coming back soon from this one. Could he have taken the last two games off AND get hurt today--absolutely. But my theory two weeks ago was described above--sit him those two weeks for the rest of the year's health. Now its going to be tough on him and Uconn. Maybe he gets time off for both injuries to heal. On Tyler Phommachanh of it the team doesnt know how to play without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom