I would rather not do that again. | The Boneyard

I would rather not do that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Can someone please tell Bob Diaco that these games are on television?

Roger Goodell did himself less harm on TV than we did.

I have no explanation for what just happened. Did Diaco flip on the Weather Channel and in the spur of the moment throw out the entire offense for some slosh-to-victory running plan? Did he leave the game plan on the plane? Is he, in fact, a crazy person? I am very afraid.

South Florida is a bad football team and we made them look like the '86 Bears.

A turnover resulting in touchdown to open the scoring for the fourth straight game. The first nine drives wracked up about 35 yards of real estate - total. The last drive went 75 yards in four plays which saved us from a historically futile boxscore.

I get the sense that Diaco thinks he's smarter than he is - things are too cute by half.

The OL got worse. Refusing to throw the ball. The penalties. The off-the-motherf---ing wall game plan. AAAHHHHHH!

The good news is that it is warm and safe here in my oven. It's a little tight, but I can still see my phone and I have just enough room for a bottle of bourbon which I am developing a taste for, game by game. I will hide in here until things get better.

Reaction Score
The thing about football, is that if you recruit big enough, strong enough, and mentally touched enough players to kick ass against the competition you are lined up against, you will usually succeed. The rest of this crap tonight, is about a first time head coach, taking his mostly freshmen and soph team on the road for the first time. If we had not had a senior QB on the field, it would have been much, MUICH worse. We are fundamentally undisciplined team in blocking and tackling, and the sooner rookie head coach Diaco realizes it and addresses it in practices, rather than whatever the duck he is focused on improving in practices - the better for the program.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Diaco's nuts. He was probably pleased with the results tonight.

Reaction Score
This was an offensive embarrassment. I thought the BYU game was bad (it was) and that Stoney Brook game was awful, but this was a topper. I thought I saw marked improvement through 3.5 quarters at the Boise State game, but now I am thinking that was just a flashback. I hope for the best with Diaco, but sometimes he does look like an intern out there.

Reaction Score
Wish I could hide in my oven too, but I went to the game. On the way out, I fell in a giant sinkhole, but was saved from injury by landing on Uconns offensive game plan. The coaching staff had returned it to the place they originally found it. Apparently It had been left there by Amos Alonzo Stagg a decade or 2 before the forward pass was invented...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Look at the bright side: at least we are showing that we will dominate in the punting game.

Reaction Score
wheresthebeef.png

Reaction Score
I was abandoned by my family last evening. They left me to sit alone, in the dark, on a Friday night, screaming question words at the tv.

It was probably for the best.

Reaction Score
if every team that uconn plays has a great game and a player for which there is no answer, what does that say about Uconn?
there should not be a single game on the schedule this year where any opponent is taken lightly. Every win will be an uphill battle.

Taking my 6-7 wins down to 3-4 (Tops)...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
We have an atrocious OL, no QB depth with a lot more games to play...

Diaco is not stupid, and I don't think the staff is stupid. They opted to survive instead of win.

But... Some day... It sure would be nice to play a game where we try to win.

Reaction Score
I am sending HCBD my opening drive plan for next weekend. We get the ball and PUNT on first down!!!
Please don't jinx the punter. He has not yet fumbled. Of course, he has not had the chance to touch the ball on our first drive yet as we have fumbled it away every game...so, no need to try to punt.

C

Chief00

We did elect to kickoff against BYU, that coaching strategy failed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom