I wonder if Larrier would have stayed.... | The Boneyard

I wonder if Larrier would have stayed....

Reaction Score
....If the admin had acted to replace KO as soon as the handwriting was on the wall. What player with high potential wants to face the prospect of another year on this team. Too late for Larrier, but they should appoint an interim coach tomorrow, form a search committee, and consider KO's contract a sunk cost.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
....If the admin had acted to replace KO as soon as the handwriting was on the wall. What player with high potential wants to face the prospect of another year on this team. Too late for Larrier, but they should appoint an interim coach tomorrow, form a search committee, and consider KO's contract a sunk cost.
We are under NCAA investigation, and it seems the result could violate KO's contract and result in termination for cause.

I'd offer KO 30 cents on the dollar; he gets a year sabbatical and saves some face. If he doesn't bite, you wait for the NCAA to give you cause. In either event, he is not collecting every dollar on that contract. He won't have as much leverage as people think.

Reaction Score

Who cares?

I wasn’t directing that at OP just thinking we are better off with this decision no matter what happens in the coaching matter.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

He is 22 years old and will Graduate. He turns 23 this summer. He's getting on with his life, like all the other thousands of kids graduating from UConn. I don't think this has anything to do with UConn or Ollie or any of that. He's a college grad looking to get a job in his chosen field of endeavor. There is nothing more to it.

Reaction Score
He said in the Summer he was leaving. Season had no impact on it... he was gone regardless he said it and the staff has been aware for months.

Reaction Score

Larrier was leaving this year because he was graduating and he's 23. Larrier would have left last year if he hadn't injured his ACL.

we know this because UConn has already filled his scholarship for next year (without Larrier, we are at 13!!!).

Reaction Score
I think with good coaching he might have been better but he has really been pretty snake bitten here. Lost last year to injury then had a fairly difficult injury this year too. Missed some games then never adjusted to the mask. He wasn’t going to be Ray but healthy with a good coach he’d have been solid I think.

Reaction Score
I think with good coaching he might have been better but he has really been pretty snake bitten here. Lost last year to injury then had a fairly difficult injury this year too. Missed some games then never adjusted to the mask. He wasn’t going to be Ray but healthy with a good coach he’d have been solid I think.

This guy and his success have little or nothing to do with coaching. Again not a good IQ at all, not tough, doesn't shoot good off the dribble because he has an awful handle for a swing guy and he doesn't get to the hole ever. I'm willing to bet he shoots around 25% with a dribble or more and 50% or so off the catch and shoot. He is the only person who can help his stock by putting in the time to be better at the things he does crappy. Oh and a little passion on D once in a while would be cool!:rolleyes:

But snakebitten he is too. He seems like a much less athletic player than the one pre-knee injury for sure.

Reaction Score
Is he the worst dribbler we've ever had a UConn? It's a serious question. I don't understand how you get to this level with such an atrocious handle coupled with the lack of awareness to know you're about to be stripped.

Funny I was just asking the same question with by brother the other night after watching him get a rebound then dribble into the corner to get trapped while dribbling right to the defenders. Jeff Adrien scared me, but not this much.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

If you're desire was to make UCONN's situation worse than it already was, that would have been the way to do it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"Once me and Terry [Larrier] get out there, he can probably get up to 40 some games, because I feel like me and him have a great connection."
— Jalen Adams

'Member that one, back in November?

I 'member.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
As terrible as we are, we’d be worse without Larrier.

You kids really want to free up some more shots for Vital and Anderson?

He’s graduating. The program is a tar pit of suck - another year in this mess won’t do anything but cost him a year’s wages somewhere.

Reaction Score
Probably not. He's been saying since before the season started that he was done after this year.
Would have left last year if not for knee. Always knew he was only 1 year. Part of why I think Durham/Jackson left. When recruited they thought they'd be behind Larrier for 1 year. Knew their role would be dimished this year with his return. Just as Gilbert's injury may have affected MAL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Who cares if Larrier would have stayed. He is decent college player with some large liabilities.

He scored 14 points a game with 4.5 boards. Those are good numbers. But there is this, he had 61 TOs to 24 Assists in 26 games.

And this may be harsh. However TL was not a leader on or off the court, he was a very soft player, he didn't play smart, often lost his man on defense, took a ton of bad shots, and IMHO was a me first teammate.

Congrats on getting his degree. He never got into trouble. Seems like a good kid. On the basketball court, I don't think he will be hard to replace

Reaction Score

He’s graduating. The program is a tar pit of suck - another year in this mess won’t do anything but cost him a year’s wages somewhere.

When he's making shots I totally agree with this but lately it's not a very good percentage. Add to that he does very little else I believe going forward with a new coach we are fine without him. After all the poor SOB is rebuilding anyway might as well do it with passionate kids - if they can find some and/or keep some.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I guess the question is whether it matters that we would be worse without him this season (and possibly next). Vital and Anderson were never meant to see the minutes they have already and I don’t want to see them have more, but I’d love to give a younger player with potential his minutes if we’re going to suck this bad with him.

And his body language doesn’t help sell his case.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
And in your mind TL is worth all those millions?
Or perhaps someone can talk TL to donate some of all those millions he is going to be making in the NBA:rolleyes:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Would have left last year if not for knee. Always knew he was only 1 year. Part of why I think Durham/Jackson left. When recruited they thought they'd be behind Larrier for 1 year. Knew their role would be dimished this year with his return. Just as Gilbert's injury may have affected MAL
C'mon Kathy - quit making sense
This isn't the place for it!!!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Funny I was just asking the same question with by brother the other night after watching him get a rebound then dribble into the corner to get trapped while dribbling right to the defenders. Jeff Adrien scared me, but not this much.
Jeff Adrien - damn he was Marques Haynes compared to TL
Now Brimah might give TL a run for his money

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom