I wonder if DT or Maya or Stewie or Rebecca feel slighted. [merged thread] | The Boneyard

I wonder if DT or Maya or Stewie or Rebecca feel slighted. [merged thread]

Reaction Score
She is also Naismith HOF, Naismith COY, and Naismith POY 2X
Anyone else you know have those credentials?
Statue is A’ja, not Dawn

I have no problem with it BTW. My alma mater (Oklahoma) has statues of all its Heisman winners lined up outside the football stadium. It’s pretty impressive (to me, not to mention to recruits).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thread topic and OP...

confused will ferrell GIF

Reaction Score
This is great! I’m glad to see SC show so much love to it’s WBB program! As for the title.....I doubt any of them would feel slighted in the least. They’ve all worked to advance and elevate WBB. I’m sure they’re just fine with other great women being recognized for their accomplishments.

Reaction Score
Not sure why anybody gets so worked up at what SC does to highlight their WBB program. Florida and Alabama have statues of all of their Heisman Trophy winners. Do people complain? People moan and groan that women’s sports don’t get their due, but when a school highlights their program people moan and groan.

Reaction Score
In times square there was a bust of the former Israeli prime minister Gold Meir . Every time I saw it , pigeons and pigeon sh&t were all over it. Never seemed to me, to be much of an honor.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Did Maya, Stewie and Taurasi play at South Carolina?
Baffling obsession with a program that has won ONE title, celebrating its own.
"WBB doesn't get enough respect"
:eek: Actually both Maya & Stewie played at South Carolina. Stewie had a pretty solid game there dropped 25 and 10 and had 5 swats. Was that statue worthy? :D

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
All kidding and digging aside, I think what Dawn Staley and the fans have built in Columbia SC is just fantastic. It wasn't that long ago when SC was a lame program. They went from bad to "on the rise" to competing for national championships (and, yes, hanging banners :) ) in a jiffy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom