I was there when (rules in thread) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I was there when (rules in thread)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Have you ever gone to a random sporting event and caught a classic, famous or infamous?

Did you buy a ticket to a regular season baseball game and see a no-hitter?

Did you go to the butt fumble game?

*Playoff, tourney games, superbowls, world cups etc. are all amazing events to attend. However, For the purpose of this thread, try to include only the games you went to where something particularly memorable happened out of the blue.
I know that every uconn win is special, but try to include games where something happened besides simply your team winning.

I've been to a few but here's the one that sticks out the most:

I was randomly in the 10th row at a Nets-Bulls regular season game (Brendan Byrne) when Rodman headbutted the ref.

What did you see?
Oh are you ready?

Was at MSG for a Rangers game as a 12 year old with my dad. At the end of a December regular season game the bruins crawled into the stands and fought the crowd. I’m in this video, you can see me as Mike milbury starts hitting the guy a couple seats down from me over the head with his own shoe. You can see my pants in this video. What do I win?

Btw that’s why we left msg a couple nights ago chanting “ we want Boston” Because I never forget, but the bruins suck too much to face us.

Reaction Score
Have you ever gone to a random sporting event and caught a classic, famous or infamous?

Did you buy a ticket to a regular season baseball game and see a no-hitter?

Did you go to the butt fumble game?

*Playoff, tourney games, superbowls, world cups etc. are all amazing events to attend. However, For the purpose of this thread, try to include only the games you went to where something particularly memorable happened out of the blue.
I know that every uconn win is special, but try to include games where something happened besides simply your team winning.

I've been to a few but here's the one that sticks out the most:

I was randomly in the 10th row at a Nets-Bulls regular season game (Brendan Byrne) when Rodman headbutted the ref.

What did you see?
Bob Moose no-hitter against the Mets on Saturday, September 20, 1969

Reaction Score
July 6th, 1984, I was at Fenway Park as a kid. The Red Sox won that night 8-7 over Reggie Jackson and the Angels, but before the MLB game there was an exhibition game with the U.S. Olympic team which was stacked. They had Mark McGwire, Will Clark, Barry Larkin, Cory Snyder, BJ Surhoff, Oddibe McDowell and more. I think it was ended by a mercy rule once it reached 17-2 or 17-3... something like that. I was just a kid. I think Clark had 3 homeruns and McGwire hit one to center that Reggie Jackson was still talking about when I became an adult.

Reaction Score
Oh are you ready?

Was at MSG for a Rangers game as a 12 year old with my dad. At the end of a December regular season game the bruins crawled into the stands and fought the crowd. I’m in this video, you can see me as Mike milbury starts hitting the guy a couple seats down from me over the head with his own shoe. You can see my pants in this video. What do I win?

Btw that’s why we left msg a couple nights ago chanting “ we want Boston” Because I never forget, but the bruins suck too much to face us.

Man, That's tough to beat. This is intense! The only thing that would come close is if you told me you were the guy who chucked the beer on Artest as he was lounging on the scorers table.

Reaction Score
Bob Moose no-hitter against the Mets on Saturday, September 20, 1969
saved Borden's milk carton coupons for a free ticket and was also at this 9/20/69 no hitter.

was home sick from grammar school on 4/22/70. watched and kept a scorecard when Seaver had 19 KOs vs. the Padres including the last10 in a row

Mets 2015 World Series game 5 Matt Harvey loses 2-0 lead in the 9th, KC wins the Series in the 12th inning

6 OT game

UConn 2009 OT win vs. Notre Dame

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My wife started a new job at a hospital, so I took my two girls to Yankee Stadium, Righetti no-nos the Sox.

How about the Husky game when Scott Burrell leaped over the defender. Couldn’t wait to get home and replay that one on VHS.

Paul Blair back to the infield over the shoulder catch.

Went to the Stadium three games in a row to watch Munson get his 100th rbi for the third season in a row.

Yanks vs Os the day Munson was buried, Murcer 5, Os 4.

August_West

Reaction Score
Man, That's tough to beat. This is intense! The only thing that would come close is if you told me you were the guy who chucked the beer on Artest as he was lounging on the scorers table.
I didn’t do that. Unfortunately.

August_West

Reaction Score
I was at the Whalers game when Mark Howe slid into the goal and got skewered. They pulled him off of it like a side of beef. Blood all over the ice.
OMG I was at that too. They changed how nets were anchored because of that.

Reaction Score
Game 4 2001 WS. Tino ties it in the Ninth and Jeter wins it in the 10th. After 9/11, down 2-1 on the verge of 3-1 in games. Pandemonium. Low row upper deck behind the plate did not feel safe; the stands were bouncing.

Reaction Score
Game 4 2001 WS. Tino ties it in the Ninth and Jeter wins it in the 10th. After 9/11, down 2-1 on the verge of 3-1 in games. Pandemonium. Low row upper deck behind the plate did not feel safe; the stands were bouncing.
I was there too. I gotta admit, when the Jets flew over heard before the game I got jumpy.

Reaction Score
I was one of the very few Husky fans at the Husky/Texas game at UT when Kemba hit the winning shot w/2.1 seconds to go in OT in 2011. Kemba at his best!
I was there too! That was the best UConn game I think I've ever attended. We were down at half and we went outside so my friend could smoke a cigarette and an old Texas fan was saying how Kemba was overrated.

Reaction Score
My first time in AZ I went to a Suns game to see Cliffy play
against the Sacramento Kings . They were totally dominate and had a 30 point + lead at the half.
Which they totally blew and lost going away Chris Webber was totally unstoppable. It had to be among the most amazing comebacks or collapses ever. Teams get more resistance in a layup line .
I saw both the Georgetown and Syracuse wins at the Hartford Civic Center in 1990 which announced the dream season. Most amazing defense against two great teams.
I saw the Whalers blow a big lead in the third period to the Bruins in a playoff game being pummeled by objects from Bruin fans .
I saw the fight between the UConn Husky mascot against the St John’s mascot in a game were we lead all the way but Perno figured a way to lose and as the clocked ticked down their fans chanted “Where is the Puppy now.” Humiliating.
Last year I saw the first game in Storrs in 2023 thanks to my brand new dad at the time Branson. and the last game in Glendale in 2024 thanks to AzHuskie who I took to his first UConn game in the Old New Haven Coliseum when he was 9-10 .
It was my first FF after being a fan for 70 years . Amazing experience.
i was also in Hartford in 2022 on a night it actually snowed ( a novelty to me) in a game against Buffalo
We started slowly Sanogo was struggling and Hawkins was cold and the game seemed stuck on a 12-12 score when Hurley went to his bench with this big guy from Bristol and a kid from Cali plus the rest of that amazing bench and in five minutes it was game over.
i suspected right there this team was going to be special .
I was in Yankee Stadium for Mickey Mantle Day my first hero as a kid .
I had the privilege to be taken to Yankee Stadium as a small boy for an Old Timers game where this legendary men where introduced and played so I can claim having seen these men play .

Reaction Score
I was at the infamous 1988 Bills-Jets MNF game when fans started lighting seats on fire (and pissing on the fires to extinguish) and beating up on security guards and other fans. We were in corner of end zone across from all the hubbub which started in 3rd quarter and kept coming toward us throughout 4th. Pretty scary, so we bailed halfway thru.
I was there too, I think that game instituted cutting off alcohol after 3rd Q

cts

Reaction Score
I was there at University of Pittsburgh Fitzgerald Field House on December 12, 1998 in the student section (I was in law school at Pittsburgh at the time.) Down 4, with 9 seconds to go, I watched the furious UConn comeback and El Amin jumping on the scorer’s table. It was pandemonium, and I was likely the only happy person in the student section. Yes, UConn, but a complete surprise! I was also known as PittsburghHuskyFan on McDs.
I was there too! Sitting on the bleachers right under the basket, second row. The old Field House was basically a high school gym. Amazing place to see them play!

Reaction Score
4/5 NIT: Was in 2nd row in Morgantown 1998 NIT first round, then L.Tech & VCU (crowd noise shakes dust off field house rafters) home games, I think I watched semis (Lyman shuts down Dana Barros) on TV, then ~5th row under the basket that Lyman dunked on at MSG for NIT championship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom