I was asleep for the first half | The Boneyard

I was asleep for the first half

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Dont know what happened but I fell asleep before the game started and Cferraro called me at half time and woke me up. Im shocked. I saw the second half and layup uncontested after layup killed us
We are better then this but this was a good lesson for our young team. Hidalgo a FRESHMAN taught us a lesson and Citron and Westbeld had great games coming back from injuries. Hard to believe but this UConn team got schooled and a good lesson it was. Many fans feared this game. I didnt. A good lesson learned. The first half we let ND gain confidence and our Defense was not there tonite. We are a very good team and we should learn from this butt kickin. A 15 pt loss at home infront of a packed house. NOT good.
Paige non existence in the first half and Nika fouling out. Come on guys. What was goin on? This is exactly what we needed tonite. We came out not mentally prepared and got clocked and this should pay dividends down the road. ND lost twice to the Cuse and we let them in the first half gain momentum and confidence. Alot of fans down tonite and Im sure the team is too. The team took a punch in the face and tried to come back in the third quarter and almost did then the bottom fell out. We've got some work to do. Sometimes a game like this can help you and sometimes it cant. We will see where we are now. I thought we were better then this. Blowing out team after team. Tonite we fell asleep on the job.

Reaction Score
We were out tonight so didn’t catch the game. Followed along a bit on the ESPN app.

Ugly ugly ugly.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
So, this is how the season will play out, basically a repeat of last year. UConn will lose to SC, win the rest of their Big East games, then lose in the round of 16. The only question mark will be if Paige stays or goes Pro.

I should have added SPOILER ALERT

Reaction Score
So, this is how the season will play out, basically a repeat of last year. UConn will lose to SC, win the rest of their Big East games, then lose in the round of 16. The only question mark will be if Paige stays or goes Pro.

Hopefully past the round of 16, but yea any hopes of us being a true top 5 team cuz our schedule is so tough needs to be tempered.

Reaction Score
Dont know what happened but I fell asleep before the game started and Cferraro called me at half time and woke me up. Im shocked. I saw the second half and layup uncontested after layup killed us
We are better then this but this was a good lesson for our young team. Hidalgo a FRESHMAN taught us a lesson and Citron and Westbeld had great games coming back from injuries. Hard to believe but this UConn team got schooled and a good lesson it was. Many fans feared this game. I didnt. A good lesson learned. The first half we let ND gain confidence and our Defense was not there tonite. We are a very good team and we should learn from this butt kickin. A 15 pt loss at home infront of a packed house. NOT good.
Paige non existence in the first half and Nika fouling out. Come on guys. What was goin on? This is exactly what we needed tonite. We came out not mentally prepared and got clocked and this should pay dividends down the road. ND lost twice to the Cuse and we let them in the first half gain momentum and confidence. Alot of fans down tonite and Im sure the team is too. The team took a punch in the face and tried to come back in the third quarter and almost did then the bottom fell out. We've got some work to do. Sometimes a game like this can help you and sometimes it cant. We will see where we are now. I thought we were better then this. Blowing out team after team. Tonite we fell asleep on the job.
Didn't notice any of our freshman scoring 35 or whatever hidalgo had. KK tries to make drives that just aren't there. And is ICe really going to be a good player? She made one outside shot, missed a bunch, and was not effective under the basket. When she is contested, she generally loses. Hope we play Xavier next.

Reaction Score

Completely agree. We are not good as far as the elite teams go, but what do we expect, everyone’s hurt. With who we have, like in last nights game, there’s no room for error.

Reaction Score
The Big East is fools gold at the moment. Those blowouts just are not a litmus test for this team.
Being in AAC and now (new) Big East is useless for UConn WBB and is more of a hindrance than anything else. It sucks.

Reaction Score
I have said in the past while receiving "angry" responses that this team is right where it is suppose to be in the Big East. The recruitng in the last 10 years achieved some really dramatic and excellent players but not the correct mix for a championship team. Laugh if you want, but little emphasis has been placed on height and cultivating players with height. And unfortunately injuries have taken a miseserable toll.

I hated to leave the Marine Corps after 24 years, but when I had trouble getting out of bed in the morning and competing physically with my family of Marines, I knew that I had to go. Maybe, some other people should think about that too.

Reaction Score

You would have been better off sleeping through the entire game! ;)

Reaction Score
I think we have done our best but ND was performing a better game than us.
Cheer Husky for next year ~~~

Reaction Score
Good thoughts! You are fortunate, however, that you missed the Diana T love fest with the announcers for one half of the second quarter. Now, we all love our Dee, but come on, call the game as it is happening! It was bush league!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom