I want to see Brimah play a lot, AND | The Boneyard

I want to see Brimah play a lot, AND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Olander play the rest of the time. Nolan only if foul trouble.

Reaction Score
I thought Brimah was a true defensive presence tonight. He affects the game in ways that don't show in the box score.

He also pinned his man offensively on numerous occasions but the guards don't have enough confidence to throw him the ball. Love to see hi get a couple of chances to show if he can do anything - or to just improve his game.

Reaction Score
I agree, Amida Brimah is clearly our best option in the middle. Even with Brimah offensive limits and weak rebounding his shot blocking presence is a big force in the middle and takes away the inside game for the opponent. Nolan and Olander offer very little right now.

Reaction Score
I thought Brimah was a true defensive presence tonight. He affects the game in ways that don't show in the box score.

He also pinned his man offensively on numerous occasions but the guards don't have enough confidence to throw him the ball. Love to see hi get a couple of chances to show if he can do anything - or to just improve his game.
They know if they pass him the ball and he doesn't catch it people on the boneyard will say it's their fault because they should know he can't catch.

Reaction Score
Deandre in the second half really played with that desire...when he wants to rebound and defend, he will

Reaction Score
Deandre in the second half really played with that desire...when he wants to rebound and defend, he will
We're gonna have DD next year. Not ready for next level so it will be good for us and him.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Also depends on AB's ability to stay out if foul trouble. Really think he will get the PT if he plays it safe

Reaction Score
Also depends on AB's ability to stay out if foul trouble. Really think he will get the PT if he plays it safe
They called a few head-scratchers on us tonight, and missed a few blatant fouls too. I just wish someone would take a charge the right way.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
They called a few head-scratchers on us tonight, and missed a few blatant fouls too. I just wish someone would take a charge the right way.

I think we are going to have to live with head scratchers this season. I like the idea of the new rules but the implementation has been less than extraordinary

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like letting TO start and going to Brimah about 5 minutes in. It protects Brimah and engages our senior big.

Reaction Score
We're gonna have DD next year. Not ready for next level so it will be good for us and him.

Assuming Boatright returns, along with the additions of Hamilton and Purvis, that 2014-2015 team is looking like it's gonna have the potential to be top 10 in the country or a complete dumpster fire

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Assuming Boatright returns, along with the additions of Hamilton and Purvis, that 2014-2015 team is looking like it's gonna have the potential to be top 10 in the country or a complete dumpster fire
I think dumpster fire is unlikely. The 4 and 5 spots will again be a question and will depend again on whether PN, KF and AB can get stronger and improve their games. If two out of the three are 25% better and Rock brings us a few good minutes we should be good.
I am hopeful, of course, that DD will get physically stronger and improve his handle enough that he can give us 10+ minutes per game at the 3.

Reaction Score
I wanna think the same thing but man do things get ugly when Shabazz isn't on the court....hopefully that won't carry over into next season with months of planning\practice without him

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He's still a complete liability on offense. The ball is still slipping through his hands like water and he can't make a dunk.

Reaction Score
Im all for Brimah playing 25-30 minutes a game. I think tonight was a step in the right direction for him. Hes not going to improve watching from the bench. Tonight he was his own worst enemy though with the fouls. Id rather see him on the floor compared to Olander

Reaction Score

A starting lineup of Boat, Purvis, Hamilton, DD, and Brimah has to be one of the most athletic we've ever had. Of course, you could have said the same about Kemba, Dyson, Sticks, Edwards, and Oriakhi, and that team turned out to be an utter abortion.

Wait and see.

Reaction Score
Brimah is an exciting prospect. So fast for a guy that size.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think people are hyping up Brimah way too much. I've said it before but he goes up to block every single shot ( even when he's on the weak side) and it leaves us completely exposed for offensive rebounds.

That all being said, Olander is awful and Phil has been pretty bad lately, so I guess it's Brimah by default.

If we're going to play a center for 30 minutes or so, I agree to start Olander to keep him engaged and then play Brimah till he gets in foul trouble or needs a breather and bring in Phil.

Reaction Score
Play briMAH and kroMAH. Bench oLANder, DANiels, and noLAN. Trade for more MAHs.

Reaction Score
Yes and this is why his minutes will be limited.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I wanna think the same thing but man do things get ugly when Shabazz isn't on the court....hopefully that won't carry over into next season with months of planning\practice without him
People forget what we will be losing next year. The point will be a bigger question than center next year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Felt DD had that desire in second half and was major reason for the team playing a better second half.

Maybe on the DD scale. Couple minutes left and he just stood there while the shooter went around him to got his own rebound and put it in. He should be a beast by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom