I want my season ticket money back | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I want my season ticket money back

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I imagine there would be at least some feelers sent out to the MAC before making this move.

It would be unfathomable for a competently run university to leave a league and not know where to park it's football program. But this is UConn...so...maybe?

8 MAC games, plus a smattering of P5 in the out of conference? I know that the AAC Football was better. I know the programs have more cache. There's just nothing that was ever going to make UConn fans care about SMU, ECU, Houston, etc. From a fan interest perspective I don't find much of a difference in either scenario. I mean hell, we may actually win some ballgames.

Reaction Score
Today was the day D1 football died in Connecticut...oh well Lacrosse is growing...

B12

Reaction Score
FWIW, we might have the fortune of having a BYU-like schedule. If we do, that might actually drive up fan interest, especially if we can attract regional schools. We're going to need schools like Syracuse and BC to want to play us.

Our basketball programs are going to be the collateral to make that happen. This is sort of an unprecedented realignment move. Cannot think of any school that has done what we are doing (I hope the vote fails) besides BYU. They're the closest that comes to what we are doing.
BYU can get some H/H as well as 2 for 1 with p-5 schools. UConn is going to get offered $1 million to play road games at BC, Cuse, SEC, etc... It wont' result in many good home games like BYU gets.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Discouraging to see so many UConn fans reveling in this news without any concern for what happens to the football program. Some would prefer that it just gets dropped altogether.

Me today:

View attachment 44035

They don't deserve to be called UConn Husky fans.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom