I tried. I really tried | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I tried. I really tried

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I believe college sports started the trend with mid major teams like Loyola Marymount,
Hate to say it, but it was Pitino at PC that put 3-pointers on the map.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Speaking of the pistons, good lord. Was just looking at their starting 5 tonight - Jerami Grant, Saddiq Bey, Isaiah Stewart, Killian Hayes and Hamidou Diallo. Combined for 37 points. Cory Joseph (remember him lol) ,led the squad with 13!
Big fan of Bey tbh. But yeah they better hope Cade is the real deal.

Reaction Score
to watch former UConn players in the NBA. But, the game is so unwatchable that I just can't do it. The last straw was Kemba vs the Celts. Just brutal.

I'll watch and root for them at Storrs and on the road. I'll wish them luck in their future endeavors. But, to sit through an NBA game...no way.
Well yeah. The NBA is 90% going through the motions 90% of the time. It’s not like anybody particularly cares passionately about beating Cleveland like UNC does about beating Duke or we and Syracuse used to in Big East days. For most of the regular season it’s a job and the games feel like it. I guess people get excited watching the athleticism but as competition, it just isn’t there for me.

Reaction Score
I actually enjoy modern NBA. Not the lousy to average teams. But the teams that make it deep into the playoffs. Love the spacing. Love the deep shooting... which creates the spacing.

Remember the Knicks of the mid 90s? That was the worst basketball.
Ewing, Oakley, Starks, Jackson, and Gerald Wilkins were a blast to watch.

Reaction Score
To put it another way, watching the NBA to me is like watching gymnastics. You see some incredible athletes, but it’s boring as heck. And the typical regular season game has all the intensity of the 2nd half of UConn vs LIU.

Reaction Score
No idea what he is thinking, but here are a few reasons I prefer the college game.
  • The game was designed a certain way, and the skills and size of athletes long ago exceeded what was intended. That process has continued. Golf would be boring if guys could drive the green on par 4s, so courses are adjusted to prevent that. Basketball gets boring when the shooting percentages get too high, even against good D. Scoring should be harder. There is no other sport where scoring is easier. Rules need to be changed: end the second step, call more offensive fouls, end star treatment. At least put the rules back 30 years.
  • Crowd/atmosphere, smaller venues have more energy (this is true for college football too)
  • Too many games, they don't matter often enough. Baseball has this problem too. In College basketball each game is important. NFL is the only American pro sport where every game matters.
Get rid of the 3 point shot. I tried watching a Knick game and couldn’t make it to half time. Nothing but a 3 point shooting contest

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ignore the NBA regular season and you miss Morris v. Joker last night.

Cheap shot by Morris putting a shoulder in to Joker while he is airborne and defenseless and a cheaper shot by Joker in to the upper back of Morris.

Reaction Score

Cheap shot by Morris putting a shoulder in to Joker while he is airborne and defenseless and a cheaper shot by Joker in to the upper back of Morris.

I saw Jokic getting killed for this last night but I didn't have a problem with it. I hope Morris isn't actually injured but the guy is throwing shots at people all the time. I thought it was funny that he took a shot at Jokic and then went down like he had been shot after he hit him back.

Reaction Score

Do you think Morris was embellishing how hurt he was? Certainly looked it. Cheap shots by both of them. Morris is known to do that stuff.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I saw Jokic getting killed for this last night but I didn't have a problem with it. I hope Morris isn't actually injured but the guy is throwing shots at people all the time. I thought it was funny that he took a shot at Jokic and then went down like he had been shot after he hit him back.
Do you think Morris was embellishing how hurt he was? Certainly looked it. Cheap shots by both of them. Morris is known to do that stuff.

I think Morris sold it great. I will say when they showed the replay Morris' head snapped back and then forward pretty violently. I don't think he sold that part of the hit. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was woozy from it.

I don't know enough about Morris to know his history. From that play alone Morris definitely waited for Jokic to get off his feet before hitting him center mass. I don't think Jokic's response was out of line. A punch to the back of the head, diving at the knees, kicking, etc would have been too far. A hard shoulder to the upper part of the back? Cheap but not egregious.

Reaction Score
I think Morris sold it great. I will say when they showed the replay Morris' head snapped back and then forward pretty violently. I don't think he sold that part of the hit. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was woozy from it.

I don't know enough about Morris to know his history. From that play alone Morris definitely waited for Jokic to get off his feet before hitting him center mass. I don't think Jokic's response was out of line. A punch to the back of the head, diving at the knees, kicking, etc would have been too far. A hard shoulder to the upper part of the back? Cheap but not egregious.
I was talking about how he rolled on the ground and then got up and fell to the ground again rolling around. While it was a pretty jolting hit, Morris is a pretty big guy and I don't think he was really hurt. He was trying to sell it so Dokic would get a bigger penalty. He must have been watching European soccer lately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom