I tried. I really tried | The Boneyard

I tried. I really tried

Reaction Score
to watch former UConn players in the NBA. But, the game is so unwatchable that I just can't do it. The last straw was Kemba vs the Celts. Just brutal.

I'll watch and root for them at Storrs and on the road. I'll wish them luck in their future endeavors. But, to sit through an NBA game...no way.

Reaction Score
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
If I catch one of our guys playing for sure I will watch. My opinion only. College hoops is it. I may catch some playoff games. These NBA'ers run up and down the court. No setting up. No play to run. Dribble down, three point line and hoist it. Run back down the court. Now when Magic and Bird played, that was a whole different story. Those were battles. I like college were I jump off the coach pumping my fist. NBA? Sometimes I go out to cut the lawn or snow blow snow. Which ever comes first.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Got to respect the Knicks work ethic and exceeding their talent level. Sometimes the games become stagnant 1-1 matchups but still very high entertainment value imo

Reaction Score
Thoughts and prayers.

In all seriousness, I'm not a huge NBA guy, but @Husker Husky, you seriously cannot fault that Knicks/Celtics game: excellent game.

yeah I mean it’s definitely your prerogative to prefer the inferior product but that was an entertaining game and a pretty weird example for the “i MiSs ThE pAsSiOn AnD fUnDaMeNtAlS cRoWd.”

Reaction Score
to watch former UConn players in the NBA. But, the game is so unwatchable that I just can't do it. The last straw was Kemba vs the Celts. Just brutal.

I'll watch and root for them at Storrs and on the road. I'll wish them luck in their future endeavors. But, to sit through an NBA game...no way.
I can watch Uconn guys in the NBA. What i cant watch is another Uconn player playing in Charlotte.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I PREFER college over NBA just for the excitement, shall we say ... the school pride and all of that, but the basketball itself is clearly not as good.

I always tell people it's not because "no one plays D" or "no one calls plays" it's because these guys are so dang good it looks like that.

Reaction Score
I PREFER college over NBA just for the excitement, shall we say ... the school pride and all of that, but the basketball itself is clearly not as good.

I always tell people it's not because "no one plays D" or "no one calls plays" it's because these guys are so dang good it looks like that.
I love college hoops and have always preferred it over the NBA but i must admit the game i loved in the 90s and early 2000s is long gone.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was a captive audience for almost entire NBA game last spring, Lakers v Utah. Nobody runs or hits the boards anymore, or they didn't that game. The NBA is a different game now.

Reaction Score

sounds like a connecticut suns fan to me

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The sweet spot was after Lakers/Celts in the 80's where you had to get to 120 to win and that was with almost all 2's and FT's and the last of the Bulls championships where 85 points was a feat in the playoffs.

End of Lakers, The Bad Boys, Bulls 1-3 and Houston's two championships were a good time. Plenty of physicality and you could tell players were physically more developed to play defense and before the Bulls 4-6 it went sour. Then it flipped back over to the start of 3 point shooting and metrics and the demise of the mid-range game.

Is today's game more efficient at scoring? Yes. Is the object of the game to win? Yes. Is it more entertaining for the fans? For me, no.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom