I think we're turning the corner | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I think we're turning the corner

C

Chief00

Being good at football.
The SEC schools have different admissions standard for football players and an easy path to success once they get admitted. A few years ago Bama football had a higher APR than Harvard basketball. That’s not by accident.

Reaction Score
Not original to me, but the P5 conferences may decide to cut the fat and form, say, 4 football only conferences of 12 teams each allowed to qualify for the national championship playoffs. /QUOTE]

That's a great idea if you want to reduce the popularity of the sport.

If you want to grow revenues, you expand the playoff to eight or sixteen and invite Cinderellas from out the P5.

Reaction Score
Brian Kelly once said that only 1 or 2 players on the ND football team met the academic admission standards. UConn needs to wake up and ditch this "student athlete" model. We can all see where that is getting us.

They’ve already ditched that model with this year’s group.

Reaction Score
I know you Neanderthals don't think women matter, but they do, leaving trails of destruction. Women are gaining actual equality in terms of perception. With that said, there's no way our basketball programs are going to be left to rot, especially with the championships and alumni they've produced. Without those, we'd be at UMass' level.

Reaction Score
They’ve already ditched that model with this year’s group.

Thanks. News to me. Can anyone else verify that we have lowered admissions requirements for football players to a point where our recruiting should significantly improve?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom