I think we vastly overrated Brimah coming into the season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I think we vastly overrated Brimah coming into the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
His lack of lower-body strength was really exposed today. When rebounding, when someone boxes him out, he is finished and has 0% chance of getting the board. Not good at fighting through the box-out. Not great hands. He actually seems less coordinated this year than last year... maybe he's thinking too much?

Reaction Score
Brimah is playing how I expected. And still could leave after this year. Remember. To get drafted late in first round you need an NBA skill. Brimah can block shots. I can see a team like San Antonio taking him late and grooming him behind Duncan.
This makes a lot of sense given that, when I'm watching our Huskies play, I often think to myself, "That Brimah really reminds me of Tim Duncan out there."

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Almost all guys are drafted for what sort of player they will be in three years after tutoring and weight lifting. Brimah has the potential to be a dominant defensive player.

The general manager who drafts a player based on what he'll be in three years can expect to be fired sometime before then.

You truly have no idea what --- you're talking about.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Well Glenn Miller talking about how he'll be nailing 15 footers didn't help with the expectations.

Reaction Score
I think his shoulder injury was a major setback, but I still feel that by tourney time, he'll be a much better player.

Reaction Score
Not a great defensive player

Agree with everything else in your post, but not this. He might not be as dominant as he will be down the line, but this is a completely different defensive team with him on the floor than with him on the bench. The +/- splits are pretty telling.

Reaction Score
Brimah doesn't have a single skill right now that would translate to the NBA - I think he'll be around for at least another year.

Not a great defensive player, not a threat on offense, indifferent to rebounds. Not playing during the offseason certainly didn't help.

Physically a freak - just hasn't translated. (Yet)

The general manager who drafts a player based on what he'll be in three years can expect to be fired sometime before then.

You truly have no idea what --- you're talking about.

Fishy, you're really creating an ugly tone for this forum. Why couldn't you just disagree with his idea, rather than making it personal. Sometimes your funny, but sometimes you come off as an A____. Let people speak.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sorry - let me try again.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Its not just about blocking shots. It about changing trajectory of a shot for a miss, making guys pull up for a jumper rather than go for a layup, allowing teammates to try for steals and making guys rush shots. This is why Facey's job is to clean up the boards from missed shots. Shot blockers are often out of position.
And if you don't think an NBA GM can't picture Brimah as 15 minute a game backup while he gains strength you are just a little crazy. Almost all guys are drafted for what sort of player they will be in three years after tutoring and weight lifting. Brimah has the potential to be a dominant defensive player.

You nailed it!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
By God, that's much better.

Now....I am handing out hugs and none of you are leaving here without one!

Line up, kids! It's the new me!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
AB is a great kid with potential who is still learning the game of basketball. He will not get 30 points or 15 rebounds this year and will not be a lottery pick this spring. I think he will be a lottery pick.

Reaction Score
By God, that's much better.

Now....I am handing out hugs and none of you are leaving here without one!

Line up, kids! It's the new me!
I miss the old Fishy already

Reaction Score
He actually moved turned a couple times today. Then missed a layup probably

Reaction Score
Its not just about blocking shots. It about changing trajectory of a shot for a miss, making guys pull up for a jumper rather than go for a layup, allowing teammates to try for steals and making guys rush shots. This is why Facey's job is to clean up the boards from missed shots. Shot blockers are often out of position.
And if you don't think an NBA GM can't picture Brimah as 15 minute a game backup while he gains strength you are just a little crazy. Almost all guys are drafted for what sort of player they will be in three years after tutoring and weight lifting. Brimah has the potential to be a dominant defensive player.
Well then, I guess I am a little crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69