I think Jim Calhoun would have been announced already | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I think Jim Calhoun would have been announced already

Reaction Score
Nobody wants the next coach to fail. Why are you so susceptible to lies?
Oh, I see. YOU can tell people that they wanted Ollie to lose so he would be fired and I can't say that people want to see the next coach lose out of spite. Sure, man, whatever. I have been way closer to reality for this entire season than you have, no matter what you want to believe. I am telling you right now that there are certain people here that will be giddy if any coach not named Calhoun struggles next year. If you think that is a lie you are BEYOND delusional.

Reaction Score
I agree
Idiotic statements like that are looking to stir the pot or from someone who has lost their mind - in some case it's one of the same
Any real fan never wants their team/program/school to fail as any real fan doesn't stop watching the team when times are not good and is proud to say so. IMHO
You are one of them. Deny it all you want. No one with a brain will believe you.

Reaction Score
Oh, I see. YOU can tell people that they wanted Ollie to lose so he would be fired and I can't say that people want to see the next coach lose out of spite. Sure, man, whatever. I have been way closer to reality for this entire season than you have, no matter what you want to believe. I am telling you right now that there are certain people here that will be giddy if any coach not named Calhoun struggles next year. If you think that is a lie you are BEYOND delusional.
It's not a lie or anything yet. Nothing has happened. You are projecting something that hasn't happened.

People were on record hoping UConn would lose. No one is there yet on the next coach. You may well be right in the future, but this is all tilting at windmills at the moment.

Reaction Score
It's not a lie or anything yet. Nothing has happened. You are projecting something that hasn't happened.

People were on record hoping UConn would lose. No one is there yet on the next coach. You may well be right in the future, but this is all tilting at windmills at the moment.
I agree. I was responding to someone who called it a lie. Take issue with the use of that word with him.

Reaction Score

Don't you think you're saying that out of context? Haven't seen a single person here saying they hoped the team would lose before the Ollie situation turned into a "better to put the dog down than let it suffer" type of thing.

Reaction Score
Don't you think you're saying that out of context? Haven't seen a single person here saying they hoped the team would lose before the Ollie situation turned into a "better to put the dog down than let it suffer" type of thing.
The season/team wasn't dead when people started pulling for that. People believed, for sure, that it was a "better to put the dog down than let it suffer" type of thing, but that only became a fact later.

It was a bad look then, it would be a bad look going forward.

Reaction Score
The season/team wasn't dead when people started pulling for that. People believed, for sure, that it was a "better to put the dog down than let it suffer" type of thing, but that only became a fact later.

It was a bad look then, it would be a bad look going forward.

You seem to remember the tenor around here a bit differently than I do. What I seem to remember were people simply questioning early in the season whether Ollie was the right guy, and then obviously reacting as the season spiraled out of control.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Those people made those claims about wanting the team to lose verbatim. I responded to actual statements they typed out indicating so.

Are there any such posts of people explicitly saying they want the next coach to fail out of spite you are comfortable sharing with us?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom