I think Geno is right about WBB fans, or at least me | The Boneyard

I think Geno is right about WBB fans, or at least me

Reaction Score
I am a big fan of UConn sports and the Women Huskies, and have watched most of their games on tv. Yet, I have no interest in tonight's game. I'll check out the score and maybe watch 10 minutes, but that's it.

That said, equally I have no interest in tomorrow nights men's game (and I have lived in NC for 18 years). Only mens teams I would watch (sans UConn) maybe are Cincy (or PC). This conference thing kills me.

Reaction Score
I'm with you :) got a ticket to the game but will not go as I will not be able to sit 2 h. through a slug fest that I expect this game to be :)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm skipping today's game as well. My sister-in-law is a Mississippi St. alum, but that's not enough reason for me to watch. Not interested in an all SEC slug fest. My sis-and-law and nephews were just in Starkville last week for Spring Break and my oldest nephew took a look at MSU as a potential college choice.

Reaction Score
I am a basketball fan, high school girls basketball coach, an UConn alum. I will be watching this title game because 1). I am a supporter of the women's game. I would be a hypocrite as a coach and supporter of women's (girls) basketball if I only support the women's game when my team is playing or when he better team is playing. I am doing my part, by watching, to help grow the women's game in terms of ratings and increasing my knowledge as a coach and fan. 2). Like I said, I am a basketball fan. I watched the girls high school tournament this weekend on ESPN. Never even heard of those four schools but I watched. I also watched the boys high school tournament on ESPN. Again, as a coach as well as a fan of basketball. Lastly I will also watch the men's title game tomorrow. Stinks that our UConn fellas had a rough year but I things happen. I will order up a pizza. Grab a cold one. Kick back and watch Zaga and UNC battle for the crown.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
North Carolinians don't count. You guys would watch 3 year olds play basketball. :)

Ive been watching/interested in wcbb since i was in elementary school..... i remember the days when they played on CBS on Saturday afternoon before the men's final four.... and played the finals on Sunday Afternoon. Personally glad they switched back to a Friday Night, Sunday evening schedule. Having the final on a Tuesday after the men's final was anticlimatic. Rarely watched more than a few minutes on a Tuesday. Ill be watching from beginning to end today.

Reaction Score
I am watching.

But it's sad the lack of enjoyment I get from college athletics anymore due to the ignorance regarding conference realignment. To have to read Muffet McGraw in the NY Times today and other journalists talk about "what's good for women's basketball". The only school in the Power 5 10 years ago that was excluded just happens to have the greatest women's team in the world.

These people have no right to even talk about this subject in my opinion anymore.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
North Carolinians don't count. You guys would watch 3 year olds play basketball. :)

Ive actually only attended one high school basketball game in my life...... think it was 1982 when my father took me to a game to watch a boy who was from our church play. Never had much of an interest in high school basketball... though Ive watched a few NC high school girls championship games on TV when high division I players were involved. Believe it or not.... high school football is a bigger deal in NC than high school basketball.

Reaction Score
I am a big fan of UConn sports and the Women Huskies, and have watched most of their games on tv. Yet, I have no interest in tonight's game. I'll check out the score and maybe watch 10 minutes, but that's it.

That said, equally I have no interest in tomorrow nights men's game (and I have lived in NC for 18 years). Only mens teams I would watch (sans UConn) maybe are Cincy (or PC). This conference thing kills me.
There's a game on tonight?

Reaction Score
as a UConn and women's college basketball fan I will be watching with some interest..........there's something nice about being a neutral viewer for a change..............hopefully this non UConn final is a mere aberration................

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Watching it now. Rooting for Mich St.

On Edit: ...Miss. St. :oops:

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
As long as there is a college softball game on (Texas vs. Houston), no interest in the potential slug fest. I am guessing that Doris will spend half the time (as long as it is still a game) gushing over Wilson and the other half gushing over William...

(However, the distracting scores scrolling on the bottom of the screen will keep me updated even though I would rather not see any scores.)

Reaction Score
Sadly I have no interest in tonight's game but I tend to only watch sporting events in which I have a rooting interest. Go Sox:)

Reaction Score
zo
Indiana is the place where they have 3 year old National Championship games---and if you don't watch them ---you pay the price. Kidding of course--but Kentuck and Indiana probably have more BB fans per acre than corn. Or Kornpone---aged in the keg--and it ain't drink water. Or in Indiana's case more Napams.

Reaction Score
Watching other teams gives one a perspective that cannot be obtained by watching only one's own team. It's reasonable for people to ignore other teams because of time contraints, but some who don't watch others for spite, well, that's unfortunate. The NC game is always worth watching.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
I've stopped watching all basketball except UConn women, and just a few men's games. Before conference realignment, the Baylor rape scandal, the UNC fake class scandal and.... I watched all the Big East teams, and followed mens' basketball closely. I stopped watching college football too.

Now I have time to read all those books I put off...and I'm in constant search of other distractions.

Reaction Score
I've stopped watching all basketball except UConn women, and just a few men's games. Before conference realignment, the Baylor rape scandal, the UNC fake class scandal and.... I watched all the Big East teams, and followed mens' basketball closely. I stopped watching college football too.

Now I have time to read all those books I put off...and I'm in constant search of other distractions.
pretty much like me. though i try to watch all the UConn men's games too. With conference realignment i don't want to contribute to those other conferences making money. And all the scandals around the country make it difficult to find another team i can root for in a random match up.

In some respects I should be thanking conference realignment because i used to watch all the UConn men's games and a handful of UConn women's games, not watching random men's match ups freed me up to watch all the UConn women's games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom