I think Geno is right about WBB fans, or at least me | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I think Geno is right about WBB fans, or at least me

Reaction Score
I love college ball - both men and women. But I confess my interest wanes when the Huskies are out of it. I've been checking in to see the score. I'm watching now that is almost over (sound off though..:rolleyes:) I will watch most of the men's game.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I tried turning on the game tonight, but just could not watch...

When does next season start? Whatever date it's not too soon for me...

I assume that Geno putting Kia and Gabby, as next year's seniors, in front of the press yesterday is to say to them, it's their responsibility to get everyone on the same page to get after what they missed out on this year... They now assume the mantle of leadership...

Don't want to hear the cocks crowing... Can't wait for next year to start...

Oh, by the way, I now reside in the Carolinas and have a grandson at Gonzaga... I had great pleasure this morning wearing my Zags teeshirt to breakfast this morning in Myrtle Beach... #Go Zags

Reaction Score
I tried turning on the game tonight, but just could not watch...

When does next season start? Whatever date it's not too soon for me...

I assume that Geno putting Kia and Gabby, as next year's seniors, in front of the press yesterday is to say to them, it's their responsibility to get everyone on the same page to get after what they missed out on this year... They now assume the mantle of leadership...

Don't want to hear the cocks crowing... Can't wait for next year to start...
7 very long months. At least we have other sports we can watch in the meantime.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
pretty much like me. though i try to watch all the UConn men's games too. With conference realignment i don't want to contribute to those other conferences making money. And all the scandals around the country make it difficult to find another team i can root for in a random match up.

Dont think that has hurt really

ACC will make more than $100 million from NCAA Tournament runs last three years

money.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Nah that just why everyone hates triad... ;)
Whats wrong with that. Everybody should hate the triad. I mean they control the influx of all the illegal drugs from Asia.

Reaction Score
I watched the National Title game.....interesting to see the teams and the style of play. One on One , individual plays with dump offs to their bigs, or mainly taking the shot themselves. Viviens is an "All you can eat shooter" and rarely passes the ball. Conn is team oriented pass the ball to the open shooter team.....thats why when ONE person needs to make a play, One on One, to score with 12 seconds to go in the game, we really weren't comfortable in that situation

Reaction Score
I didn't intend to, but I watched the whole game and thoroughly got into rooting against MSU. Really surprised Itty-Bitty had to sit out the whole 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
I am guessing that Doris will spend half the time (as long as it is still a game) gushing over Wilson and the other half gushing over William...

Doris Burke and Dave O'Brian have really made watching WCBB tiring. They go on and ramble while there is an important basketball game going on in front of them. I didn't watch the final game, as I just can't listen to those two if UConn isn't playing. I sure wish that they would go back to the play-by-play and color commentator format. My hats off to Kara for handling it well.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I watched the game on and off. And I was rooting for State.

SC is the National Champions. Congrats. But that was not a game that I thought showed WCBB at its best. It was a typical SEC slugfest. And I readily admit I'm and UConn fan and have been spoiled by the grace and beauty of UConn basketball. I think the Statete/ UConn game was a better brand of basketball.

So I wait until next year.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Why is it that the Duke men's team always seems to have at least one totally unlikeable player? Do they have an audition?

Having a totally unlikeable coach may be the magnet that attracts the totally unlikeable players.

Reaction Score
I could not watch knowing each team would not play as well as they did on Friday.

Reaction Score
I am watching.

But it's sad the lack of enjoyment I get from college athletics anymore due to the ignorance regarding conference realignment. To have to read Muffet McGraw in the NY Times today and other journalists talk about "what's good for women's basketball". The only school in the Power 5 10 years ago that was excluded just happens to have the greatest women's team in the world.

These people have no right to even talk about this subject in my opinion anymore.

Muffet's Mantra: "What's good for the Irish is good for women's basketball. I start five High School All Americans. If they'd let me start six, I would. I run the table. crushing UCONN in the finals." Blah, blah, blah. If not for Geno and Company, Mc Graw woulda, coulda. Geno has set a standard, some schools are starting to meet; that's what's good for women's basketball.

Reaction Score
I watched the game on and off. And I was rooting for State.

SC is the National Champions. Congrats. But that was not a game that I thought showed WCBB at its best. It was a typical SEC slugfest. And I readily admit I'm and UConn fan and have been spoiled by the grace and beauty of UConn basketball. I think the Statete/ UConn game was a better brand of basketball.

So I wait until next year.

Slugfest or snooze fest?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
scandals... really? that off the court stuff isn't going to stop me from watching basketball or football... any team. I miss the Semi's (due to work) but "shole" watched the Championship game. I'll go back and watch the UConn/MState game just bcau

If you want to protest, go on campus is protest with signs or start a YouTube blog telling your gripes with whatever.

I'm not gonna be disrespectful to the South Carolina, Mississippi State, Dawn, Wilson, The SEC, NCAA or whomever is associated with the Championship game.

slugfest... UConn was just in one "fighting" tooth and nail and came out the loser

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom