I saw UConn basketball today | The Boneyard

I saw UConn basketball today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lots of negative threads and understandably so. But for me I enjoyed watching this squad. Flat out ballin, always hustling with a tenacious defense. I couldn't even tell who their All American was, but I saw ours. Whaley and Sanogo are beasts and will be a handful for our opponents.

When Martin 'fits in' I see him taking a lot of pressure off of Bouk. Cole looked like a pit bull on defense, disturbing everything Creighton was trying to set up.

I see another season of not scheduling or cancelling all plans on game day. I want to see every game, and every possession.

For some reason we weren't supposed to win this game, sure it suxs, but it was a damn good game against a top ten team. A loss like this has its benefits, it exposes our shortcomings and removes any overconfidence. It also proves if we don't give 100%, we can be beat. However it showed the world that we belong, and that means trouble for the NCAA.

The ship has turned headed to our familiar land of UConn Championships, that's what I saw today.

Last edited:

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
It’s wild that we just took the #9 team in the nation to overtime after at 17-day layoff and should have won, yet the board thinks the sky is falling. Remember when we got better last year? We will be better in March again this year, and we are already pretty good.

Reaction Score
It's a disappointing loss because it's a game they should have won. They looked like a team that hadn't played in 17 days.

All things considered, an OT loss to a top ten team that had played 2x as many games in their first game back after an unanticipated break is not the end of the world.

Reaction Score
It's a disappointing loss because it's a game they should have won. They looked like a team that hadn't played in 17 days.

All things considered, an OT loss to a top ten team that had played 2x as many games in their first game back after an unanticipated break is not the end of the world.
Yeah I think we're forgetting that we had two of our 2019 starters (Akok and Polley) out this game and still look at what happened.

Reaction Score
17 days off is huge. creighton played several games in the past week and wanted some payback for the marquette loss?

sure, there are some flaws, i think we did pretty good against a #9 team

Reaction Score
Feels good to really care I'll say that. The past few years I've expected the worse but still watched anyways. I have enjoyed watching this team truly compete. Does that mean we won't have bad games or games like today? Not at all. But I want a team that I feel like stands a chance to win against any team. This team i feel is that team finally.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Yes it was a great game. But we can’t rely on Bouk so heavily on offense. We need more balanced scoring. If he had a bad day today it could have gotten ugly. I will feel more comfortable with this team once the offense is tweaked. Defense however is no problem, that was great.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
4 years ago we would have lost this game by 30. We’re competing again.
You’re right. I remember just a few years ago when we had Nova and Wichita State at the XL. I was expecting competitive games and we got buried in both. I emailed Benedict that year and told him something had to be done. We have come a long way.

Reaction Score
we absolutely need a secondary scorer. that’s why i miss vital. rj is good, but i agree that he’s thinks he is the leader and primary scorer. he’s not

Reaction Score
You’re right. I remember just a few years ago when we had Nova and Wichita State at the XL. I was expecting competitive games and we got buried in both. I emailed Benedict that year and told him something had to be done. We have come a long way.

Why on earth would you email the athletic director to say "this team is bad"--do you think he was unaware?

Reaction Score
Moral victories aren’t really my thing. A loss is a loss.
We weren't going to go undefeated, a loss was inevitable. Not one of our Championship teams (including conference) went undefeated. No shame in losing to a top ten team, in spite of our last minute failure.

Reaction Score
Yes, at least we got to enjoy the anticipation of competing and possibly beating a top ten team in conference. I know why they blew a lead and they know why too. Players and coaches. We now have only 4 games under our belts. We will get better. I believe it.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
4 years ago we would have been down by 30 at the half.
Fixed it for ya! The wide open layup at the end of regulation really irked me. I can forgive missed shots/free throws and bonehead mistakes. But letting a guy blow by you while the rest of the team stands watching is inexcusable and just a lack of effort. I really hope DH rewinds that play 50 times and shows them what never to do ever again.

I was encouraged though. Guys are still finding their roles. It's not like we lost to Tulane. Creighton is a good team and will probably make a deep run in the tourney. Chalk it up to experience and learning what it takes to be a top team and go from there.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It’s wild that we just took the #9 team in the nation to overtime after at 17-day layoff and should have won, yet the board thinks the sky is falling. Remember when we got better last year? We will be better in March again this year, and we are already pretty good.
The disappointment comes from feeling like we had washed away the bad habits and “losing plays” last year and they were back today

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
The disappointment comes from feeling like we had washed away the bad habits and “losing plays” last year and they were back today
Going in we had played a total of 120 minutes of basketball, 80 of which were really not that impressive. How can you say we washed away any habits, and how can you expect it with this disjointed schedule? If this was a loss to DePaul, I’d agree. But to #9 Creighton I can’t be upset. Disappointed? Sure. Upset? Not at all.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Going in we had played a total of 120 minutes of basketball, 80 of which were really not that impressive. How can you say we washed away any habits, and how can you expect it with this disjointed schedule? If this was a loss to DePaul, I’d agree. But to #9 Creighton I can’t be upset. Disappointed? Sure. Upset? Not at all.
Which is why disappointing is the word I used...

Reaction Score
Kita like the idea of the thread and agree to a point, fun to watch a game.

But a win was ours, big one first BE vs the #9 team and we blew it away like many. Top it off with a 40 pt game which we won’t get all the time, bad bad loss. To used to people not making plays or making bad plays both ends. Can’t blame this one on CV or AG, so who?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Don't leave everyone on the edge of their seats...did he respond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom