I saw exactly 0 seconds of the game... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I saw exactly 0 seconds of the game...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Sorry, next time I'll tell my three year old to suck it up so I can yell at the tv and then come here and read Chief's take on strength and conditioning so I can hang. I apologize for such an outlandish statement.

I didn't make a comment about you missing a game. I made a comment about you creating a thread about missing a game and them asking a crowd whether or not it was worth it for you to watch. You know, because typically that's what obvious huge fans do, especially after providing the reasons they don't enjoy watching our games (ineffective high screens, contested jumpers).

But hey, you do you, I guess...

Reaction Score
I didn't make a comment about you missing a game. I made a comment about you creating a thread about missing a game and them asking a crowd whether or not it was worth it for you to watch. You know, because typically that's what obvious huge fans do, especially after providing the reasons they don't enjoy watching our games (ineffective high screens, contested jumpers).

But hey, you do you, I guess...

Thanks for your approval... Now I am complete.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I think we should revive McCarthyism and use it to purge these pesky non-fans from the Boneyard.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
What small amount of fans at the game yesterday were there (myself included), everyone was on there feet the last few minutes chanting. That was nice to see instead of everyone quitting on the team.

Did Calhoun stay to the end?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I’ve been accused of just that on a weekly basis. The problem with that argument is only a couple dozen people a year are banned, and a 1/3 of those are the same people.

You need a new pair of jackboots, sir. There are literally hundreds of faux fans on this board!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You need a new pair of jackboots, sir. There are literally hundreds of faux fans on this board!

I volunteer for the job. I have no morals , sense of fairness, sense of humility, or any humane guilt mechanism that would prohibit me from performing the necessary tasks.

Put me in coach.

Reaction Score
I volunteer for the job. I have no morals , sense of fairness, sense of humility, or any humane guilt mechanism that would prohibit me from performing the necessary tasks.

Put me in coach.
Heard you shot a man in Reno just to watch him die

Reaction Score
:rolleyes:

It's always obvious that someone's a "huge fan" when they tell the world they've watched 0 minutes of the most recent game and ask thousands of strangers if they should go back to watch it. Super super obvious...
What is the point of this comment? Is there a sudden need to nope shame other fans on this board b/c of attendance? Or is there a constant d-- measuring contest to see who is the biggest/best UConn fan?
Or just frustration causing us to eat our own? What on earth difference does it make to you if someone else watches the damn game on TV or not?!

It is obvious we are in new waters of less than perfect games and performances by UConn basketball and regardless of anyone's opinion of fans reasoning (opponents, coach, effort, quality, record) the attendance numbers are indisputable. That does mean it is time to rally the troops and get to games but I see almost the opposite of that in this thread. It is cliché to pretend to identify & call out bandwagon fans. The simple fact is there is momentum within all sports-fandom and its not bad by definition that people have an innate sense of when things are going good or bad and react accordingly. How to build momentum, make games fun and get it going is the question & part of that does fall on fans when the team is struggling. Whither Jeremy?

Or more succinctly... strangers!?! boog has been to Fenway in a Tony Robertson game jersey so s_t_f_u.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
What is the point of this comment? Is there a sudden need to nope shame other fans on this board b/c of attendance? Or is there a constant d-- measuring contest to see who is the biggest/best UConn fan?
Or just frustration causing us to eat our own? What on earth difference does it make to you if someone else watches the damn game on TV or not?!

It is obvious we are in new waters of less than perfect games and performances by UConn basketball and regardless of anyone's opinion of fans reasoning (opponents, coach, effort, quality, record) the attendance numbers are indisputable. That does mean it is time to rally the troops and get to games but I see almost the opposite of that in this thread. It is cliché to pretend to identify & call out bandwagon fans. The simple fact is there is momentum within all sports-fandom and its not bad by definition that people have an innate sense of when things are going good or bad and react accordingly. How to build momentum, make games fun and get it going is the question & part of that does fall on fans when the team is struggling. Whither Jeremy?

Or more succinctly... strangers!?! boog has been to Fenway in a Tony Robertson game jersey so s_t_f_u.

Wow. Fantastic post.

First, the point of my comment was to ascertain the point of making a thread about not watching a game. Even the most fanatical fan has to miss a game from time to time (family issues, etc.). Boog and I have already settled our differences at this point I think, and if not, that's fine too. I don't hate people I don't know, and rarely hate the ones that I do know.

Second, we are not in "new waters of less than perfect games and performances by UConn basketball". These are only new waters if folks have been selectively watching performances over the last 25 years or so, or more to the point, selectively watching for the last 5 years or so, and furthermore, if you've been selectively watching over the last 2 years without context of roster issues.

Finally, the "s_t_f_u" ending to your post really made me believe that you want folks to be more understanding of strangers. Thanks...

Reaction Score
Wow. Fantastic post.
First, the point of my comment was to ascertain the point of making a thread about not watching a game. Even the most fanatical fan has to miss a game from time to time (family issues, etc.). Boog and I have already settled our differences at this point I think, and if not, that's fine too. I don't hate people I don't know, and rarely hate the ones that I do know.
Second, we are not in "new waters of less than perfect games and performances by UConn basketball". These are only new waters if folks have been selectively watching performances over the last 25 years or so, or more to the point, selectively watching for the last 5 years or so, and furthermore, if you've been selectively watching over the last 2 years without context of roster issues.
Finally, the "s_t_f_u" ending to your post really made me believe that you want folks to be more understanding of strangers. Thanks...
Ok, sorry for the ending - it was mostly a reaction to the abundance of UConn fans calling each other out in various threads and yours did seem to me the most trivial of the lot. But that deserves silence moreso than shouting back.
I hope you are right and the closest we've been to the current waters is over the last 25yrs and not 30+ (pre-Calhoun era). The good news is back then there weren't enough fans to make noise even when the situation was undeniably terrible. But again I don't see the point of the dismissive "selectively watching over 5 years, 2 years, lack of context of roster" but I'm ready to go toe-to-toe in the fan measuring conversation if it is the only way to politely ask and prove you should stop doing it.

Reaction Score
Right on... I'm obviously a huge fan, but I'm struggling to watch ineptitude this year. It's not wins or losses, it's the effort (or lack thereof) and lack of adjustment that just kills me w/ UConn basketball the last 3-4 years. I could rewatch our 96 team lose to Kansas over and over again b/c they played balls out. I know it's a get off my lawn situation, but I just cannot watch another ineffective high screen followed by a contested jumper off the dribble. It's gross.

I'm with you about the Kansas game. One of the most memorable UConn games I've been to even though they lost . UConn was suppose to have no chance and almost pulled off the upset. The civic center might have been the loudest I've ever heard it for that game and was one of the best crowds I've been a part of for a UConn home game gampel or Hartford

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Ok, sorry for the ending - it was mostly a reaction to the abundance of UConn fans calling each other out in various threads and yours did seem to me the most trivial of the lot. But that deserves silence moreso than shouting back.
I hope you are right and the closest we've been to the current waters is over the last 25yrs and not 30+ (pre-Calhoun era). The good news is back then there weren't enough fans to make noise even when the situation was undeniably terrible. But again I don't see the point of the dismissive "selectively watching over 5 years, 2 years, lack of context of roster" but I'm ready to go toe-to-toe in the fan measuring conversation if it is the only way to politely ask and prove you should stop doing it.

This isn't about a "fan measuring stick", even though I'm comfortable with the size of my pre-Calhoun era stick as well. I know that on this board, there are plenty of fans who would look at my late-Perno era days and say, "Ha! Rookie...".

Do you want to know the real problem I had with Boog's thread? My problem was NOT Boog. It's that the thread was the proverbial "volleyball set" for all of the negative posters to spike the ball. By saying something like "Hey, was it worth watching?" when you already know the final outcome, you are a beacon at night for all the moths to hang around. If we beat Monmouth by 30, I'm guessing Boog would have just watched the replay and not posed the question.

Do you really think that I reside on the side of the fence of people who want to put other UConn fans down?? It's quite the contrary. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of folks bashing the Huskies on a board meant for fans of the Huskies. It's bad enough when I have to fend off the BC / PC / SU trolls on this board, to then have to expend even more energy defending my team against supporters of my own team.

Again, my problem was not with Boog. My problem was the thread itself and the inevitable reaction that it would cause; a reaction that we've seen far too many times since the MSU game. Why do you think AugustWest put out that additional thread that's getting so much action right now?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom