I saw exactly 0 seconds of the game... | The Boneyard

I saw exactly 0 seconds of the game...

Reaction Score
Yeah, it’s definitely worth watching to see where the improvements were. The offense was much better for stretches than it has been. But then they would lapse back in and you can yell at the tv as you watch them take a terrible shot for no reason. Defense was bad until the final stretch. They’d play a lot of good defensive possessions and give up an offensive board or over help at the end of the clock.

Also gotta see Diarra continuing to emerge as a key player. Albeit a flawed one. Probably the most important part.

Reaction Score
I would watch. The final score would not reflect it, but there were some improvements.

Uconn played solid bball for 25 maybe 30 minutes of the game. There were flashes of, well, I won't say brilliance, but of well prepared players making smart plays.

I saw a lot of potential, especially in the first 10 or so minutes, but a lot of what worries me followed in the closing 9 or 10 minutes of the first half. Very Jekyll and Mr. Hyde type game.

If Uconn can become more consistent, crash the boards to take away second chance opportunities for the other team (which was an issue yesterday) and just hope some of those open shots start the fall (this will even out as the season goes on), they will be a solid team by March. But they must keep the confidence up. Ollie was also up more and seemed to show more passion and was more critical post game. The players absolutely respond to Ollie when he is more energized.

Reaction Score
Right on... I'm obviously a huge fan, but I'm struggling to watch ineptitude this year. It's not wins or losses, it's the effort (or lack thereof) and lack of adjustment that just kills me w/ UConn basketball the last 3-4 years. I could rewatch our 96 team lose to Kansas over and over again b/c they played balls out. I know it's a get off my lawn situation, but I just cannot watch another ineffective high screen followed by a contested jumper off the dribble. It's gross.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
One of the reasons I missed was due to my daughter's Diarra train. The struggle is real. Still would rather deal with that than watch Larrier refuse to guard anyone or set a screen.
If they all played with Diarra’s fire we’d have much brighter prospects. Let’s hope it’s contagious.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Right on... I'm obviously a huge fan, but I'm struggling to watch ineptitude this year.

:rolleyes:

It's always obvious that someone's a "huge fan" when they tell the world they've watched 0 minutes of the most recent game and ask thousands of strangers if they should go back to watch it. Super super obvious...

Reaction Score
Right on... I'm obviously a huge fan of winning, but I'm struggling to watch ineptitude this year. It's not wins or losses, it's the effort (or lack thereof) and lack of adjustment that just kills me w/ UConn basketball the last 3-4 years. I could rewatch our 96 team lose to Kansas over and over again b/c they played balls out. I know it's a get off my lawn situation, but I just cannot watch another ineffective high screen followed by a contested jumper off the dribble. It's gross.

I realized you didn't finish your sentence so I fixed it.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
You'll probably enjoy seeing Jalen Adams put up 31 after what you saw in the Columbia game.

Reaction Score
Right on... I'm obviously a huge fan, but I'm struggling to watch ineptitude this year. It's not wins or losses, it's the effort (or lack thereof) and lack of adjustment that just kills me w/ UConn basketball the last 3-4 years. I could rewatch our 96 team lose to Kansas over and over again b/c they played balls out. I know it's a get off my lawn situation, but I just cannot watch another ineffective high screen followed by a contested jumper off the dribble. It's gross.
Full disclosure: There are some of those contested jumpers you don't want to see, but better movement over all.

Reaction Score
Is there some sort of "professor emeritus" status the saves folks when they make outlandish statements? And if so, how close am I with my 590 points? :rolleyes:

It's outlandish to say "I'm a big UConn fan?"

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's outlandish to say "I'm a big UConn fan?"

Yes, when you follow that up by saying you watched 0 seconds of the game, almost as if to brag about it. And then you go on to ask whether or not you should, knowing full well you've probably read about 10 threads on the subject already.

But you already knew that, so...

Reaction Score
Yes, when you follow that up by saying you watched 0 seconds of the game, almost as if to brag about it. And then you go on to ask whether or not you should, knowing full well you've probably read about 10 threads on the subject already.

But you already knew that, so...

If you've been watching UConn bball and going to games for 50-60 years, I don't think you're a bad fan for missing a game.

Reaction Score
UConn had a seven minute no FG drought in the first half, and another seven minute FG drought in the second half. Except for those it's a fun watch.

Reaction Score
:rolleyes:

It's always obvious that someone's a "huge fan" when they tell the world they've watched 0 minutes of the most recent game and ask thousands of strangers if they should go back to watch it. Super super obvious...

Sorry, next time I'll tell my three year old to suck it up so I can yell at the tv and then come here and read Chief's take on strength and conditioning so I can hang. I apologize for such an outlandish statement.

Reaction Score
What small amount of fans at the game yesterday were there (myself included), everyone was on there feet the last few minutes chanting. That was nice to see instead of everyone quitting on the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom