I really believe we should reach out to Randy Edsall | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I really believe we should reach out to Randy Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Somebody needs to let Nick Saban know that "ground and pound" is, for all practical purposes, dead. They should also let him know, winning National Championships that way is so last century.
This is relevant to UConn Football... how?

Reaction Score
Right, we should hire a guy pushing 60 who has been out of the game and failed in his last coaching job. Worked so well last time around . . .

Reaction Score
1. No.

2. There's a reason Edsall got canned from his "dream job" at Maryland - they couldn't wait to get rid of him.

3. He's a defensive coach, just like the last 2 replacements we've had. Hit a home run with DanO but never was able to find another QB to get the offense back to that level. How about we give an OC a try at head coach?

4. Although we had better talent on Edsall's teams IMO, we were in the Big East facing the likes of WVU, Louisville, Pitt, etc. Not sure he could bring in the same level players now that we're stuck in purgatory.

5. No. Time to move on.

Reaction Score
Somebody needs to let Nick Saban know that "ground and pound" is, for all practical purposes, dead. They should also let him know, winning National Championships that way is so last century.
Lane Kiffen's offense isn't ground and pound but Alabama also has good players. So this post stunk.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
72621919.jpg

Reaction Score
This message board is superior to Diaco's product. Sadly.

Reaction Score
Weist was better than Edsall.

If only we had just kept Weist...
Laughably and provably wrong. I certainly would not advocate for rehiring Edsall, but Weist is 3-5 as a HC. Edsall won two conference championships and went to a BCS bowl. There are absolutely no facts to back up this argument.

Reaction Score
If we are going to talk about replacing Diaco (and I'm not going to bother), that is the guy we should give a look to.
How about reaching out to Joe Harasymiak, the Maine coach, Joe Moorhead and Weist? As HC and AHC. Forget Edsall, though Shizzles 8 points about FHCRE were pretty much on target, the ninth and tenth points which he left out are....9) Lousy recruiter, especially in state....10) Had the nack of being able to royally piss off everyone around him, including recruits and their parents.
That being said, he did recruit Mike Nebrich or more correctly Moorhead on his staff did. Had Edsall not left that year, Nebrich would have been redshirted his freshman year and would have started the following year. UCONN's fortunes in the ensuing 4 years might have been very very different. I say offer JM the HC job, and offer TJ and Harasymiak the OC (and maybe AHC) and DC. Offer Moorhead, at least as much as what Debacle is making now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A LOT better...are you kidding me! His offense against Wake Forest in the Meineke Car Care Bowl was beyond embarrassing on the national stage. Same with the first half against Buffalo in the All American game Bowl in Toronto. His offense was boring and he couldn't recruit a QB to save his life (he almost botched the recruitment of Dan O...but thanks to 2 members of his staff who doubled back to the house he chose UConn)...gee kind of like the guy who you want him to replace.

Thank you for this post and, hopefully, it will help bring an end to the revisionist history concept of bring Randy Edsall back. It was Randy who started this boring style of offensive play and UConn is still paying for that. Unfortunately too, UConn had two chances to break clear of this 1950's style of play and dropped the ball on both by refusing to bring a coach who thought that defense was just a necessary evil to give the offense a quick break to hydrate before going back out to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom