I really believe we should reach out to Randy Edsall | The Boneyard

I really believe we should reach out to Randy Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I know, I know, he screwed us, sort of. Here's the deal: Diaco is not the man for the job.
Why should we bring back Edsall?
1) He's familiar with the school and program.
2) He's knows how to get the best out of underrecruited and less talented players.
3) He's more of a winner than a loser (in 7 years in the BE, we had 5 seasons with 8+ wins, and his worst season was 4-8).
4) He got us to a BCS bowl and significantly improved UConn's brand.
5) I don't agree that he took us to our peak as a program as he left right afterwords.
6) He doesn't bs when things are going wrong.
7) He rips into players for screwing up so that they know it's not all ok (unlike Diaco).
8) He is perfect for the quasi-power conference level.

Reaction Score
I know, I know, he screwed us, sort of. Here's the deal: Diaco is not the man for the job.
Why should we bring back Edsall?
1) He's familiar with the school and program.
2) He's knows how to get the best out of underrecruited and less talented players.
3) He's more of a winner than a loser (in 7 years in the BE, we had 5 seasons with 8+ wins, and his worst season was 4-8).
4) He got us to a BCS bowl and significantly improved UConn's brand.
5) I don't agree that he took us to our peak as a program as he left right afterwords.
6) He doesn't bs when things are going wrong.
7) He rips into players for screwing up so that they know it's not all ok (unlike Diaco).
8) He is perfect for the quasi-power conference level.
Are you for real?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If wanting to alienate casual fans was one of the worst posts around here lately, this is close to second.

I'm all for getting UConn to "Edsall Levels" of success but going back to that well is a terrible look for everyone involved.

We can and should do better.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
If wanting to alienate casual fans was one of the worst posts around here lately, this is close to second.

I'm all for getting UConn to "Edsall Levels" of success but going back to that well is a terrible look for everyone involved.

We can and should do better.
So Louisville going back to Petrino was a bad look?

Reaction Score
So Louisville going back to Petrino was a bad look?
Yeah you go back and re-live the Edsall days...I will as well...and remember a offense so feeble in Toronto and Charlotte in Bowl games that it was an embarrassment! That time has come and gone...just like you should do now!

Reaction Score
There are many coaches out there that can run a more innovative offense and can coach.

We don't need Edsall. We should look at a coach from a successful MAC program. I rather get someone like former HC TJ Weist or Joe Moorehead.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
There are many coaches out there that can run a more innovative offense and can coach.

We don't need Edsall. We should look at a coach from a successful MAC program. I rather get someone like former HC TJ Weist or Joe Moorehead.
I was thinking about Weist but remembered he went 3-5 as interim.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Yeah you go back and re-live the Edsall days...I will as well...and remember a offense so feeble in Toronto and Charlotte in Bowl games that it was an embarrassment! That time has come and gone...just like you should do now!
It may have been ugly but we WON.

Reaction Score
Weist is the right guy based on what we can afford, his motivation and offensive mind. We picked the wrong guy.

Reaction Score
Edsall's accomplishments grow greater in impressiveness as the years go by, and the people who mercilessly ripped him here probably owe him an apology or at least admit they were wrong. They guy knew how to develop 1-2 star players and coach in the Northeast. All that said, it's a bad idea to bring him back. Can't go home again and all that.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Edsall was great for us and he built the program to a level of sustained success; bowl games, beating teams like ND, South Car., WVU, winning a pair of Big East Championships, and developing a bunch of players to the NFL.

But there is no way whatsoever that he could or should be brought back. That's just the reality, and I'm sure Randy would agree with that as well...

Reaction Score
Weist is the right guy based on what we can afford, his motivation and offensive mind. We picked the wrong guy.

I could live with Weist as OC but doubt Diaco could. If Benedict made him hire Weist for 2017. . . . .not a good dynamic there. Think Buddy Ryan/Kevin Gilbride. Not that Diaco would take a pop at TJ but Diaco's ego is way, way too big to let others take some of the spotlight.

Reaction Score
You can get somewhat wistful thinking about the "good old days" with Edsall. He was like Amos Alonzo Stagg compared to this painfully verbose nitwit.

Reaction Score
Edsall's accomplishments grow greater in impressiveness as the years go by, and the people who mercilessly ripped him here probably owe him an apology or at least admit they were wrong. They guy knew how to develop 1-2 star players and coach in the Northeast. All that said, it's a bad idea to bring him back. Can't go home again and all that.
he also knew how to bring in a guy who had a dynamic offense and handcuff him to the same old 3yds and a cloud of dust! Yup that's right...Joe Moorehead was brought in here to "open up the offense"..yet Edsall forced him to run the same stuff he ran his entire time here. Edsall had a good run here, and it had run it's course. Time to move on.

Reaction Score
he also knew how to bring in a guy who had a dynamic offense and handcuff him to the same old 3yds and a cloud of dust! Yup that's right...Joe Moorehead was brought in here to "open up the offense"..yet Edsall forced him to run the same stuff he ran his entire time here. Edsall had a good run here, and it had run it's course. Time to move on.

If we are going to talk about replacing Diaco (and I'm not going to bother), that is the guy we should give a look to.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If we are going to talk about replacing Diaco (and I'm not going to bother), that is the guy we should give a look to.

After last night's win over Ohio State, we may no longer be able to get him... :(

Reaction Score
Yup that's right...Joe Moorehead was brought in here to "open up the offense"..yet Edsall forced him to run the same stuff he ran his entire time here.

Not saying RE was an offensive genius by any stretch, but think he was a lot better than others give him credit for. For starters, I believe he deserves at least some credit for the strong offensive line play that gave him the balls to go for it on fourth-and-1 at his own 20 against Pitt.

Reaction Score
Weist should have gotten the job. He wore short sleeves in the snow, I bet he would get recruits just for that...instead UConn hires a guy that wears red disco pants and looks like an idiot out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom