I officially hate Elmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Burrell kept talking . That's why he got that call against him

Reaction Score
Thug Burrel poked Phil in the stomach and unnecessarily slapped his arm while moving around him. It was a trashy play, and the ref properly whistled him

Reaction Score
Exactly. That was an embarrassing call.

It was a bad call but Burrell was bumping Boat prior to that. After the whistle. The way he came up on Nolan was uncalled for. Refs had their eye on him from play before.

Still a bad call. Can't call a tech there either. Refs should have waited for him to do something else

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It was a bad call but Burrell was bumping Boat prior to that. After the whistle. The way he came up on Nolan was uncalled for. Refs had their eye on him from play before.

Still a bad call. Can't call a tech there either. Refs should have waited for him to do something else
yeah before the ball was inbounded he was in boats face and his teammates pushed him away

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
yeah i really would rather not have these two do the game... give me doris burke :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Why? It was a flagrant1, not a 2. We've seen those exact same plays called on Uconn before. The player is unprotected. You simply can't hit him from behind even if you're going for the ball. That's textbook.
Because ive seen the same play (dont say you havent) many times and not seen it called a flagrant. I think this has been a terribly officiated game.

Reaction Score
Because ive seen the same play (dont say you havent) many times and not seen it called a flagrant. I think this has been a terribly officiated game.

I see it called a flagrant1 all the time. In fact I wrote that in the post you responded to.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Get used to him. He and Patrick are the "A" crew for the American. They are probably going to call the entire conference tournament.

Reaction Score
I have not liked him since 2011 regarding the ban and Calhoun he said some things that I felt were inappropriate and made it very clear that he was not a fan of uconn. He is a piece of u know what.

Reaction Score
Burrel was a punk no doubt. He deserved the call and hey, he beat us tonight.

Len Elmore, who I like to listen to, was totally off base comparing Brimah's clean block to the of Godfrey. Brimah fell on the UM player after being pulled down and never committed a foul while Godfrey did with intention. Having said that I don't think the intention was to hurt Rodney but rather to make sure he didn't make the shot. I didn't have a problem with all that much.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I was at the game did Mike Patrick give his standard line?

"We got a chance to sit down with Daniel Hamilton before the game...what an EXCELLENT young man, I've gotta say just a great kid..."

Reaction Score
Can we stop calling the Memphis kid a thug? He made a dumb play on the ball. Got a flagrant. I hate calling these kids thugs.

But their team truly is full of thugs. Burrell, Godfrey, Johnson are all 100% thugs, didn't see another name on the team last night

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
It'd be one thing just to call kids names, but when the shoe fits....

I mean the way I see it is this...I honestly have not seen a UConn player instigate or intentionally try to pick a fight with anyone in a long time. That comes back to coaching/recruiting. Calhoun and now Ollie do not stand for that kind of behavior. They don't recruit kids who act that way, either.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of Elmore but the flagrant call on the Purvis play was a bit much.
Agreed, kid made a play on the ball and committed a hard foul.

He did not deserve a flagrant.

To be honest, the game was officiated horribly last night and it was completely in our favor. Losing a game where we were +20 FTA is pathetic.

Reaction Score
I don't know how anybody could watch the replay on that and categorize it as a "hard foul." He smashed his body into Purvis at full speed when he knew Purvis was going for the dunk. It was EXTREMELY dangerous, and it could have easily resulted in a severe injury.
My guess is that it was intentional - he didn't need to make body contact, but he choose to.

Purvis happened to hit the pads, at full speed, at an angle and position that didn't catch any limbs at odd angles. It was lucky, and that's all.

G-d help these kids if body slamming people at full speed ever becomes acceptable as "hard fouling," because severe injuries occur at those speeds.

Reaction Score

He did not deserve a flagrant.

To be honest, the game was officiated horribly last night and it was completely in our favor. Losing a game where we were +20 FTA is pathetic.

But were you watching the game? Most of their offense in the first half was wide open looks, you aren't going to get whistled for a foul if you arent playing defense. Similarly Brimah's blocks were some of his best, in the way that he didnt cause much contact with the shooter. I will say that at times I felt the calls were way in our favor, but then they showed a replay and the call was legitimate so good job refs. However, Memphis was moving picking all night, pushing off, there were a ton of touch fouls they could have called on them that they didn't, specifically on our drives in the first half. Refs were bad, but it wasn't as in our favor as it seemed, and the FT disparity had to do with the way the game was played, they were all over us, and a ton of our fouls in the second half werent great calls and came in non-shooting situations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom