I Must Be Missing Something | The Boneyard

I Must Be Missing Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Has there been any public comments from PP on the hiring of Manuel?

I checked Uconnhuskies.com and read the transcripts and press release- nada.
I checked the Courant and looked for quotes and stuff- nothing.

I know I've seen quotes from JC, Geno, Susan and several other AD's around the country.

Why no PP quotes?

Reaction Score
frankly, I don't think anyone has asked him, coach P is probably busy getting ready for spring practice. The new AD had positive things to say about coach P, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm not worried about it too much. It's not like I stay up halfway through the night contemplating the consequences or rationale. It's more of an observation.

I don't know of too many other BCS schools where an AD is hired and there isn't anything from the head football coach.

Yeah I know it's basketball season, Calhoun is sick and the men may miss next year's tourney, but it's not too hard to get a quote from the football coach withing two working days of an announcement.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
hes on the road and wont be back till friday? just a guess.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don't think P has had a chance to speak with Manuel yet (article from 2/13):

What do you want to know from Paul when you sit down and talk to him, to help get this team competing for Big East championships on an annual basis?

WM: I look forward to talking to Paul. I haven't sat down to evaluate our sports programs, but I know Paul and the staff are planning on winning this year, planning on having success preparing the team, putting the team together for spring ball and preparing to win the Big East. He's been a great coach at Syracuse and he's shown he can win there, and I just look forward to meeting him and listening to him.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Well thank god they are planning on winning this year. I'd hate to hear about alternative plans.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't think P has had a chance to speak with Manuel yet (article from 2/13):

What do you want to know from Paul when you sit down and talk to him, to help get this team competing for Big East championships on an annual basis?

WM: I look forward to talking to Paul. I haven't sat down to evaluate our sports programs, but I know Paul and the staff are planning on winning this year, planning on having success preparing the team, putting the team together for spring ball and preparing to win the Big East. He's been a great coach at Syracuse and he's shown he can win there, and I just look forward to meeting him and listening to him.

Again, it's a perspective thingy.

Down here in the south, when an AD is hired, the football coach would have quotes in every media outlet within 2 minutes. Even if the guy was vacationing in the Amazon, the beat writers would find him.

And there's only a handful of BCS schools where an AD is hired without having sat down and talked with the football coach.

I'm not criticizing the process or the hire. Just noting that Uconn did it differently than most.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You didn't see his comments?

"... undergoing treatment for tertiary syphilis."

I think I just saw that on House. Nasty stuff, lots of coughing up blood.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Again, it's a perspective thingy.

Down here in the south, when an AD is hired, the football coach would have quotes in every media outlet within 2 minutes. Even if the guy was vacationing in the Amazon, the beat writers would find him.

And there's only a handful of BCS schools where an AD is hired without having sat down and talked with the football coach.

I'm not criticizing the process or the hire. Just noting that Uconn did it differently than most.

so this wasn't a football hire??? he clearly talked alot about bball, arp stuff and girls sports. don't tell everyone here that hes not a football hire, they read on his resume that he played fball...

show me something warde, i see thru the resume unlike others!

Reaction Score
so this wasn't a football hire??? he clearly talked alot about bball, arp stuff and girls sports. don't tell everyone here that hes not a football hire, they read on his resume that he played fball...

show me something warde, i see thru the resume unlike others!

Yep, you're just so much more astute than the rest of us. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak