I Miss Alley-oops | The Boneyard

I Miss Alley-oops

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
After our first bucket of tonight’s game, where RJ dished to Tyrese on the fast break for the layup, did anyone else immediately think “man that would’ve been such a sick alley-oop if Bouknight was out there?” I imagine we’ll see some drawn up for Dre once he’s back in the mix and up to speed.

Anyway, just feeling wistful about something dumb...carry on, internet.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I miss them also. Kind of rare this year. Last year Bouk put on a clinic. However, one year to the next makes a difference in scouting reports. Teams play him tight. Same with Polley throwing down tre's left and right. Now they are playing him tight. Be patient.

Reaction Score
I was telling my wife i can't remember a more boring decent/good UConn team. Tons of timidity out there. so much fear of failure. Not sure what happened to Jr. year Whaley, hope he finds it. He's so easy to root for.

Need our alpha back in Bouk and can't wait to see Andre too, as the staff has seen they need him. Akok gives us so much energy too.

Reaction Score
I never miss them unless you have real good passers. They end up being turnovers too often and I don't think we have the creators to be successful enough to finish such a play consistently. Heck we played decent offense last night, shot pretty well from 3 and got 63. Nova will be twice the defensive problem I just hope we make lay ups.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Haven't thought about that comic strip in a while.

0.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't really care how we get the 2 points as long as we get them.

Fortunately, Carlton got the message in the 2nd half and threw one down after a couple of feeble layup attempts.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Heading into the season, I was expecting a bunch of alley oops from Bouk and Jackson . I remember AJ had 1 . But yeah, you need passers who can get you the ball without throwing it too high. I don't remember a better UConn duo for alley oops then Marcus and Rudy who frequently connected.

Reaction Score
you need passers who can get you the ball without throwing it too high.

Yep. Most alley-oop attempts this year ended up in the cheap seats.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was telling my wife i can't remember a more boring decent/good UConn team. Tons of timidity out there. so much fear of failure. Not sure what happened to Jr. year Whaley, hope he finds it. He's so easy to root for.

This is after last night?

Reaction Score
I was thinking during the game how even when we get a turnover or a long rebound there’s no real fast break. The other team beats us back and we’re taking long 2s or wild layups
Cole pulls the ball out a lot when there’s a chance for a fast break.

Reaction Score
Kinda surprising to see how little this team runs. I know fast break is not the only opportunity for alley oops, but it's a significant one.

Reaction Score
I never miss them unless you have real good passers. They end up being turnovers too often and I don't think we have the creators to be successful enough to finish such a play consistently. Heck we played decent offense last night, shot pretty well from 3 and got 63. Nova will be twice the defensive problem I just hope we make lay ups.
This is the key right there. When you have legit good passers especially on breaks you see them far more frequently. I get nastalgic thinking of all those great running teams Uconn has had over the last 30 years, man those teams were a blast to watch.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
After our first bucket of tonight’s game, where RJ dished to Tyrese on the fast break for the layup, did anyone else immediately think “man that would’ve been such a sick alley-oop if Bouknight was out there?” I imagine we’ll see some drawn up for Dre once he’s back in the mix and up to speed.

I thought they were going to be a staple this year between Bouk, Martin, Akok and Jackson we have some athletic guys who can get up there. Obviously three of the four aren't on the court right now.

Reaction Score
I may have misunderstood this post. Are you saying that you miss the dunk when someone throws you an alley oop pass?

Edit: you should of mentioned this in the dunking thread

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I may have misunderstood this post. Are you saying that you miss the dunk when someone throws you an alley oop pass?
And, if so, does your name rhyme with Posh Jarleton?

(I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to Josh, his family and friends, in the entire UConn family. It was just too easy and I had to go there. )

Reaction Score
And, if so, does your name rhyme with Posh Jarleton?

(I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to Josh, his family and friends, in the entire UConn family. It was just too easy and I had to go there. )
This site has turned into nothing but a bunch burner accounts for actual players, coaches and @Chief00

Reaction Score
At some point in the last two years and I'm paraphrasing, Dan Hurley mentioned how few dunks we had and that's a sign of a bad team. Even with Bouk out there, it feels like we are lacking in this department all year. I have no statistical evidence but I feel like IW has the majority and almost every alley-pop attempt has led to a turnover.

I'm not suggesting we are bad team but not having Akok, Bouk and Jackson is playing a major part in our lack of easy shots.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

If you ask tcf nicely, I'm sure he can put together for you a Brimah vs. Coppin State highlight reel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom