I love this team but... | The Boneyard

I love this team but...

Reaction Score
They’re making me have to take ulcer meds again!

Gutwrenching loss. Temple should have finished us in regulation, but we don’t give up...can’t believe we got it to an OT.

They hit an off balance 3 to send it to 2nd OT...CV gets a decent look but can’t get it to drop...can we catch a break on one of these sequences for once?

I thought we could have put the dagger in them getting up 4 early in 2OT. With chances for more...Bouk missed the short jumper, Adams good look at a 3 Doesn’t go down. One of those drops and I think we run away with it.

Oh well. Amazing game from Whaley, and another nice step forward overall from Gaff. On to the next acid-inducer!

Reaction Score
Compared to our play mid season, this team now will not lose a single viewer. They are just too exciting to miss. The drama is unlike anything we've seen. Hurley definitely has us competing and winning again.

Reaction Score
They’re making me have to take ulcer meds again!

Gutwrenching loss. Temple should have finished us in regulation, but we don’t give up...can’t believe we got it to an OT.

They hit an off balance 3 to send it to 2nd OT...CV gets a decent look but can’t get it to drop...can we catch a break on one of these sequences for once?

I thought we could have put the dagger in them getting up 4 early in 2OT. With chances for more...Bouk missed the short jumper, Adams good look at a 3 Doesn’t go down. One of those drops and I think we run away with it.

Oh well. Amazing game from Whaley, and another nice step forward overall from Gaff. On to the next acid-inducer!

This is exactly what Hurley said would happen this year.

Reaction Score
We went from 84-80 to 86-91. We were absolutely deflated.
They had a five point run from the foul line to take the lead. And I think two of the fouls were in the back court. Absolutely throwing the game away

Reaction Score
Sorry but I grew up on real UConn teams. I loved the Kemba team.... I loved the Bazz team...I loved the Okafor Team.. I loved the Ray Allen and Donyell Marshall Teams.

What the hell is there to love about this team? That even though they lose they do it playing really really hard? Should we just ignore the terrible turn overs, the massive shooting droughts, the stupid fouls and inability to hit a layup because they play really really hard?

Reaction Score
We need Adams & Gaffney to be just a tad better from three point range. If they can somehow improve just a little I think we become a serious threat to win the AAC. They should also eat up whatever minutes Gilbert has left. He can't play anymore unfortunately. He's done.

Reaction Score
Sorry but I grew up on real UConn teams. I loved the Kemba team.... I loved the Bazz team...I loved the Okafor Team.. I loved the Ray Allen and Donyell Marshall Teams.

What the hell is there to love about this team? That even thought they lose they do it playing really really hard? Should we just ignore the terrible turn overs, the massive shooting droughts, the stupid fouls and inability to hit a layup because they play really really hard?
Thanks for your support of UCONN basketball

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

What the hell is there to love about this team? That even thought they lose they do it playing really really hard? Should we just ignore the terrible turn overs, the massive shooting droughts, the stupid fouls and inability to hit a layup because they play really really hard?

How's the weather friend? Fair?

Reaction Score
Really like the out of bounds plays for quick hits and the out of bounds plays that set up last chance shots. They are well designed and executed.

Reaction Score
They were gassed. Short bench and 2 guys giving zilch. I think vital played all but 2 minutes and gaffney and bouknight played like 20 straight minutes yo end the game. They were dead.
Bouk looked absolutely spent. His defense is bad enough, but it was worse in OT. No legs on his jumper & no explosion on his drives. Only Vital and Whaley looked like they had anything left.

Reaction Score

What the hell is there to love about this team? That even though they lose they do it playing really really hard? Should we just ignore the terrible turn overs, the massive shooting droughts, the stupid fouls and inability to hit a layup because they play really really hard?
Stop
Delete your account

Reaction Score
Like always, such an emotional roller coaster, adrenaline rushes, highs and lows...it's exhausting but I'm kind of addicted to the adrenaline. There's nothing else in my life that can give me that feeling. However, it's just such a bigger letdown when we don't come out on top...and that's happened a lot this season. But I like rooting for this team and love the effort.

Reaction Score

Go to bed, Mr. Poopypants!

;)

Reaction Score

No but this is the most positive experience of UConn basketball in years so focusing on the positives is so much better.

Reaction Score

Go watch the UConn vault replays then . I’ll enjoy a group of kids instilling their will every game to get this program back. They’re college athletes and sometimes we lose sight of that. I’m enjoying the ride.

Reaction Score
They were gassed. Short bench and 2 guys giving zilch. I think vital played all but 2 minutes and gaffney and bouknight played like 20 straight minutes yo end the game. They were dead.

Wouldnt be tired if you took care of business in regulation.

Reaction Score
We have 8 healthy guys. Not exactly the hand you want to be dealt. It's entertaining and there are enough previews of next season that it's exciting. Big game for Jalen Gaffney with 12 and 9. Fun team to watch despite the bonehead plays and mediocre record. One of my favorite UConn teams actually for some unknown reason.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom