I love this team but... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

I love this team but...

Reaction Score
I love this team for the fight that they have. There’s no QUIT with this years team. C’mon now... down 9 with a little over a min to go against WSU and we take them to 2 OT’s with an eventual L. Really?!?! This team has taken on their coach’s scrappy persona and I love it.

Reaction Score
You must be talking to the mirror son.

Are you that mirror Dad? It would help to have AG on the roster but not to those who have their minds made up. You can check the mirror everytime you speak of AG or just turn that broken record on Pops.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Temple wanted to give us that game but we refused to take it. I agree with you though. Can you imagine Calhoun saying he was proud of his team for “competing” after that loss. They’d be lucky he allowed them back on the bus.
Do you even know what the word "lucky" means?

This is a perfect example of a team working harder then working smarter, its why its always better to work smarter then harder.
If you worked a little harder at it, you might learn the difference between "its" and "it's," and the difference between "then" and "than." And then you might seem smarter.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Team went all out yesterday so there is no blame I'd want to give in a great effort. My concern is next year at this point because we will lose Gilbert and Vital, get back Polley and Akok, and I think we are still going to have trouble scoring. What BA did yesterday did not instill confidence. . Since there is always injury Hurley really needs to get an experienced grad big man or 4. Otherwise I think we have more of the same different year. It's time to make the tourney next year, not the NIT right?
Hoping for the tournament but in all honestly would be completely satisfied with this years record in next years league. With the Akok injury and all feel like this would definitely be a vast overall improvement.

Reaction Score
You can’t start a sentence with “and”.

You were taught incorrectly.
There is a widespread belief—one with no historical or grammatical foundation—that it is an error to begin a sentence with a conjunction such as and, but or so. In fact, a substantial percentage (often as many as 10 percent) of the sentences in first-rate writing begin with conjunctions. It has been so for centuries, and even the most conservative grammarians have followed this practice.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You can’t start a sentence with “and”.
That's true (sort of, read on), and it's why I capitalized the letter A.

But wait, there's more...

I actually proved that I "can" by doing so. And it would have been the case, even if it violated grammar rules to do so.

As to whether it's proper to begin a sentence with either "But" or "And," I believe that the answer is yes, but not always.

Reaction Score
Let's take this strait up @Forte ;)
You grew up a spoiled basketball brat. Never did your homework to see how much you should have appreciated what you had. By this I mean what was before the teams you mention. You make no mention of the Yankee Conference teams or The Big East cellar dwellers before JC. For years / decades us UConn fans dreamed of the top 25 or relevancy only to be shunned year in year out.

Along came Jim, it was not pretty right away but the rest is history. Anyone who can't see what Dan is doing with what he has to work with and does not think it is special needs a time out.
Do some homework, there is a lot to like about this team as they are playing really hard and as underdogs never giving up. The future is brighter than in some time and sad to say schools will soon be looking to poach our coach. All because of what there is to love about this team. ;)

I'm not denying that I grew up a basketball brat. It was an awesome time to grow up with the program. But are we seriously comparing and justifying the rebuilding of a UConn program with 4 national titles, one of which came in 2014, to a Yankee Conference cellar team? Don't you think with the name brand and resources this program has now vs. then that expectations should be higher.... or are loses to Temple ok now? That said I do see bright spots but we need to get back to the point where we aren't justifying loses to South Florida and Temple cause it's depressing. I look forward to better days which I do believe are coming.

Reaction Score
I'm not denying that I grew up a basketball brat. It was an awesome time to grow up with the program. But are we seriously comparing and justifying the rebuilding of a UConn program with 4 national titles, one of which came in 2014, to a Yankee Conference cellar team? Don't you think with the name brand and resources this program has now vs. then that expectations should be higher.... or are loses to Temple ok now? That said I do see bright spots but we need to get back to the point where we aren't justifying loses to South Florida and Temple cause it's depressing. I look forward to better days which I do believe are coming.
What do you mean Yankee Conference cellar team? UConn was the most dominant team in Yankee Conference history. More importantly in the five years prior to the BE the NCAA gave a bid to the winner of a four team New England tournament. Dee Rowe was the coach and UConn was the only team that played all five years and also to win it twice. Other teams involved included PC, BC, UMass and Holy Cross. When the Big East was formed it also helped Dave Gavitt’s position to invite UConn as a regional basketball force.

Reaction Score
Gut shot! Did you have to bring that up?
Ha I remember that game clearly. Home from spring break my freshmen year. My boy had a big house party (member those?) bunch of us we watched the game in his basement. Great party but I was so depressed after that I think I went home right after. Funny the stuff u remember

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom