I love Coach Ollie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I love Coach Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We all love Ollie but that doesn't take away from him not doing a good job with this team so far.

Reaction Score
Have we forgotten 'when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?'
You can't put the video link in there.
A. That removes the tradition that someone corrects you and says Germans?
C. More importantly eliminates any chance that we catch someone actually thinking you need to be corrected. Even though this joke has been done 654 times on the boneyard, time dictates we will catch someone new soon.
E. Thanks for the clip, watched it of course ;)

Reaction Score
I can't believe I tried to read some of that, but if Calhoun's coaching was 'the Worse' of his career when Bazz was a soph & Boat a frosh isn't that exactly what's going on now with Ollie's coaching & backcourt? Or are you saying since we don't have a German it could be wurst?

None of the above, making a made basket is worth zero points because it has already been made.

That team had chemistry issues which no coach could have overcome. Returning players who thought they'd be handed the keys to the NC car the next year made things plain awful. And Jim rebelled because of these issues maybe to spite people, and that's ok, although his irish could also have hurt him but maybe W's and L's weren't as important as being sure those who weren't on the same page weren't rewarded without earning.

Hey I love KO, he's the man. But it will take a long time to be close to JC and those who don't respect what the man did are mind boggling.

Reaction Score
Have we forgotten how he held together UCONN basketball the year of our postseason ban? Have we forgotten how in year two he pulled UCONN basketball together and coached us to a National Championship? Have we forgotten his coaching impact on the likes of Shabazz and Boat (ask Shabazz Napier if he thinks Ollie is a bum). Have we forgotten his impact on our APR situation? Have we forgotten his recent recruiting success, even with all the conference factors against us? Have we forgotten what our players and recruits say about him? Have we forgotten what Coach Calhoun says about him and that he mentored him? Have we forgotten his loyalty to UCONN when he could have jumped for the NBA and a lot more cash?

The amount of garbage posted about our coach the last couple days has been disgusting. The only "bums" are people badmouthing Ollie. He made an uncharacteristic mistake. His record, his resume, his loyalty, his success, his character should be enough for us to support our coach and show him some love. He'll turn this around. Go Huskies!

Post of the year!

Reaction Score
I like Ollie. I think he is a good coach. I'm glad he is at UConn.

But he didn't have a bad night. Coaching is about adjustments. Right now, whatever he is doing has been figured out. It worked for Gonzaga and Sacred Heart and Maryland. He needs a new wrinkle. An adjustment needs to be made.

This... Love KO, his style, spirit, everything... But it's now year 4. Teams have started to figure out his style and now he needs to start adjusting. I have yet to see that. We still run the exact same stuff regardless of what the defense presents. It took him a whole half to alter the half court offense against Maryland to give us any chance in the half court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom