I lost for Words | The Boneyard

I lost for Words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You know what after watching this game Im lost for words. This is silly. This is crazy. How can somethin like this happen to a team that had no identity to start the season. This is all about T.E.A.M. This might be the really true team that Geno has ever coached. All the others had superstars, had AA's. This is a young team with talent speed, ballhandlers and most important they are unselfish so unselfish that its about everybody on the team but them. But when they need to step up they do. How do you defend them? They can all score and guess what their non starters are beginning to come into the picture which will make it even more difficult to guard them because you cant sluff off anybody. If an opponent cant play defense then its over. This is a very very special team and barring injuries or crazy foul trouble I dont see them loosing this season. With that said next season and the season following with the kids coming in Geno will have a problem finding teams who will play against him. If this team doesnt loose this season and I dont think they will they may not loose for a very very very long time.

We are watching magic. UConn is the Disney World of Womens Basketball. Where all your Dreams come True.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I think we are all in a bit of shock as to what this team has accomplished so far. There is no logical explanation. Ask Geno.

But there is something "magical" about this team. The chemistry, the unselfishness. The desire to just win. Its not about who scores. Its about the W. The truly believe that when a bucket is needed, someone will get it. When a defensive stop is needed, they will get it. When they need a run, they will get it. Its uncanny!

This team is a testament to team work.

Reaction Score
In 1998 Mariano Duncan 2Bman had t-shirts printed up "We play today, we win today, that's it!" during their 125 win season!
Our girls have the same philosophy!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This is one hellave team. In every sense. Next is how many NC's in a row will UConn win? Where this team is now, and with the next 2 classes coming in which will bring us to 2023 I just dont see any team beating UConn. Yes we can loose but we cant be beat. Next season we will have a team of non starters that could be ranked number 2 in the polls. Just think about that for a while. UConn will be better then great for a very very long time.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
We just got in the door
I was nervous about this one
And became very emotional during, after and now.
at what transpired.

Can hardly keep from tearing up now.
And when they passed out those 90 win cards
and the scoreboard lit up with Husky greats
It felt like Dickens at Christmas.

I haven't heard Geno's presser yet but I heard
Chris on the radio; as flabbergasted as anyone...and mighty pleased and proud.
And Geno, speaking to the crowd...saying that he wouldn't trade this bunch
for all the All-Americans out there. Wow!

It was an evening of superb defense; just cut the heart out of a very decent team
they just were harried and pressed at every turn...and threw up mostly bricks...those few time the ball wasn't taken away.

Two observations: Geno spoke at the last presser; or perhaps 2 games ago: that the team was dull, didn't seem excited. no personality....There was a little of that evident tonight; no extra feeling of expectation that one could see in what appeared to be very relaxed, almost matter of fact warmups.

And during the game...as the demolition derby unfolded; the bench was enthusiastic; but the on-court demeanor was all business...no extra high-fives...knowing smiles was about it. Even the fans settled in, stopped screaming, just took in the monster rout that unfolded from the start and never stopped.

As the second-half started, the stadium exhortation to make noise, was largely ignored; the canned noise had to do.

But this group of female assassins know what they're about, have learned their lessons well; this game was a milestone, sure; but if they don't win the National Championship, means little.

They've got their foot on the gas, their eye on the prize and they're getting an A+ in following the boss' instruction and expectations.

My 2nd thought is that this group must be as much fun to coach, as any in UConn history.
More on this later.

Reaction Score
While I was watching this game live, I said to myself: "This is insanely good!" That pretty much sums it up IMO. I love this team!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
"I lost for words"?

"am", I believe the word you lost is "am" :p
obamalaughing.png

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I lost the am and I dont know how and I tried to edit it and it was to late.

Reaction Score
It is so wonderful to watch this TEAM play. They switch SO well on defense opponents are seldom open. Offensively they remind me of what the great Jerry West used to say. If you continually feed the open teammate on offense you won't lose. The ball will find you when you're open, too, so hit the open woman. Saniya is really coming around at the right time, and to see Natalie play that decisively is really exciting.

Reaction Score
In 1998 Mariano Duncan 2Bman had t-shirts printed up "We play today, we win today, that's it!" during their 125 win season!
Our girls have the same philosophy!

Watching the Women last evening--i wondered if the old harlem Globe Trotters had stolen uconn Uniforms. Everyone one made amazing plays--the swatted ball to Napheesa by Katie lou was nothing short of amaZing. Dangerfield doing the break ankle 360 and then sinking the uncontested layup--WOW!!! Gabby rejecting everything in sight--did Kiah give her lessons?
And to top this whole Ice Cream sundae off---Sanyia--hits 3's and layups and accumulates 20 points---Butler makes a running layup and accumulates 18 points---what's next Kyla will score 25??? Playing the Bulls or any other team last night--the UConn Women were not to be Denied their OWN 90ths win!!! Congratulations to everyone from Katie lou , Gabby, Napheesa, Kia, Saniya, Butler, Dangerfield, Molly, Kyla, LawLor---and the husky dog thanks super great exhibition!!

Reaction Score
I lost for words reads the title, meanwhile the post is 229 words long, ironically pretty short for an @Tonyc post. :D
Two more words and it could be considered long!! But I loved every word. Flabbergasted I used often while watching!!

Reaction Score
This is one hellave team. In every sense. Next is how many NC's in a row will UConn win? Where this team is now, and with the next 2 classes coming in which will bring us to 2023 I just dont see any team beating UConn. Yes we can loose but we cant be beat. Next season we will have a team of non starters that could be ranked number 2 in the polls. Just think about that for a while. UConn will be better then great for a very very long time.
I love your enthusiasm and don't want to spoil the moment, but this team is one or two key injuries away from not winning the national championship. Remember Katie Lou couldn't play in the NC last year. If that happened this year, I think the outcome could be very different. And if Katie Lou and Napheesa got injured, forget about it. Let's just hope and pray they stay healthy.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I love your enthusiasm and don't want to spoil the moment, but this team is one or two key injuries away from not winning the national championship. Remember Katie Lou couldn't play in the NC last year. If that happened this year, I think the outcome could be very different. And if Katie Lou and Napheesa got injured, forget about it. Let's just hope and pray they stay healthy.
This is true for all teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99