OT: - I know where the mojo went | The Boneyard

OT: I know where the mojo went

Reaction Score
Interesting points of comparison across the mens and women’s teams.

The Men started the season outside the top 25. They kept winning and their ranking went up to #2. Then they had a bad stretch and dropped to #24. They have been clawing their way back, are at #14 now and with wins this week might make it back to the top 10.

The women’s team started the season at #6, had a strong start to the season, and moved up to #3. Then the injuries started and with losses they dropped down to #9. Then they figured out how to win with a short bench and fought their way back to #4. They held on between #4 and #6 for a bit and the two recent conference losses have brought them down to #9.

Hopefully the women get some of the mojo from the men’s team and pull off a stream of victories that propels them deep into the NCAA tournament.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The men are playing better than they did in January. When they are good, they are Final Four good.

For folks who didn't notice, the new men's PG recruit Stephon Castle made 2nd team All-American on the Naismith list.

To Nan's point--isn't there enough mojo for 2 teams?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The men are often just entertaining. Their mid-season slump seems to be over...they have a legit
chance to be a 4 seed with a deeper run possible if they play like they did early in the season...or recently.
Sanogo [junior] and local Clingan [frosh] can be the best one/two center punch in college. They never...NEVER...play
together which greatly riles the guy-side board...maybe that will happen in some future matchup?
Game at 'Nova Saturday night will be a good test. 'Nova was mediocre for much of the season but are playing
much better of late. They have no shot at The Dance unless they win the BE tourney next week...imo.

Note: Alabama is predicted to be a one seed. Guess who beat 'Bama on a neutral court early by double
digits?

Reaction Score
The biggest difference, by far, the Men have a long bench, and substitute freely.
Very true, but a better apples to apples discussion would be the starting 5 for the first 6 or 8 minutes of the game. The men's starting 5 were deeper in the swirling toilet bowl than the women's starting 5. Then something clicked on. What I don't know, but if Hurley has some magic mojo potion he really needs to share it with Gwno.

Reaction Score
I have tried to get everyone on board...but I guess it hasn't worked. I do not understand what scientific reasons or cosmic influence it is, BUT.. consuming Mike's hard lemonade Mango flavor has had a positive MOJO effect on this years Huskies as well as past years. Try it...you will see...

Maybe if more UCONN Fans did this little "sacrifice" for Tournament time it will give an exponential amount of MOJO to the Team and 0our Huskies will go all the way.

Go Huskies!!!!
:);););););)

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score

Oh wait, you said mojo?

Oh the memories!! I cooked for HoJo’s throughout college - paid the bills and met some pretty interesting people along the way.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oh the memories!! I cooked for HoJo’s throughout college - paid the bills and met some pretty interesting people along the way.
I have memories of going there for all you could eat chicken night (Wednesday I think) with a bunch of college age friends literally for hours. After a while, the waitress said “I don’t know where you boys are putting all of this” and I gestured with my thumb to the booth behind me, and the waitress actually looked over to see if we were holding a pile of drumsticks back there. it was decent quality food for a good price that was largely family fare and a good reliable place to stop if you were on a driving family vacation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom