I knew our friend, Gary Parrish, would have something to say, lol | The Boneyard

I knew our friend, Gary Parrish, would have something to say, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I don't know - JC is kind of a gangster of sorts. What he has accomplished overall is obviously hall of fame material. What he has accomplished in the last year is legendary. And his point that the sanctions for the violations and apr are suppose to hurt and we are actually stronger since both is accurate. If we were watching Duke or Cuse or Kentucky do this, we would be apoplectic in our reaction. Weird. Good weird! The best part is that everything that has been done has been 100% legal, above board, fully disclosed and freakin awesome!

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Parrish writes: "So I don't know if Calhoun is a gangster or whatever hip term we like to use. But I know this: his program is stronger today than it was the day the NCAA launched its investigation, and that can't be the way the system is supposed to work."

Well, Gary, tell me -- what is Calhoun supposed to do? Throw up his hands and say, "Oh me, oh my, the NCAA has penalized me. I feel so sorry for what I did. I won't try to compete any more."

Yeah sure. Calhoun is a tough-minded, SOB competitor. He is sticking it to the NCAA. Don't mess with Jim!

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Hey Parrish, nice fauxhawk and spray tan. That is all.

Reaction Score
Say what you want about BSPN, yahoo...this man has always been public enemy #1 for me....he's so salty that were a top program, lol

Ever since the Doyle article concerning Doug Wiggins' recruitment I think that CBS Sports has at or near the top 2. Yahoo certainly has had its fair share of time as the most hated media outlet. I would still give it to Yahoo given what they tried to pull with Nate Miles at the Final Four last year. Calhoun has made a fair share of enemies in the media and they seem to be all bent out of shape that Calhoun doesn't particularly care, nor do the kids.

Reaction Score
Parrish writes: "So I don't know if Calhoun is a gangster or whatever hip term we like to use. But I know this: his program is stronger today than it was the day the NCAA launched its investigation, and that can't be the way the system is supposed to work."

Well, Gary, tell me -- what is Calhoun supposed to do? Throw up his hands and say, "Oh me, oh my, the NCAA has penalized me. I feel so sorry for what I did. I won't try to compete any more."

Yeah sure. Calhoun is a tough-minded, SOB competitor. He is sticking it to the NCAA. Don't mess with Jim!
I guess his point is that the sanctions haven't had a negative affect on the program like they're supposed to. And to me the point of all this is that it shows how good of a coach Calhoun is. He can still succeed at the highest level even with one hand tied behind his back. So in essence Parrish is giving Calhoun a back handed compliment.

Reaction Score
Hooper you're right he is trying to acknowledge the awesome happenings going on at UConn while at the say time criticizing the way, and the fact , that they have happened.

Reaction Score
I guess his point is that the sanctions haven't had a negative affect on the program like they're supposed to. And to me the point of all this is that it shows how good of a coach Calhoun is. He can still succeed at the highest level even with one hand tied behind his back. So in essence Parrish is giving Calhoun a back handed compliment.

As is almost always the case in a scholarship loss scenario, the damage was done by the uncertainty before the sanctions, not the sanctions themselves.. I think we all reMember how painful it was to be recruited against when recruits were told that we would get a postseason ban, etc... Maybe they should remind readers about how well Arizona is doing now as well...

Reaction Score

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
"But after facing all the criticism he's faced over the past few years for running a program that's now on probation because it used a booster/agent to help secure a commitment from a recruit,"

that's how haters interpret the events. you would think Parrish would be more informed

The only reason UConn got in trouble was because the agent is a representative of UConn, having graduated from UConn (also was a team manager). JC was not suspended because he "used" such agent. If that were the case, the penalties would have been much more severe. If the agent were not a UConn grad, there would be no penalties. Under NCAA guidelines, JC is responsible for every representative of the Univ. Stated differently, if I buy Alex O a drink when I see him in a bar, that makes JC a cheater.

Furthermore, the inappropriate gifts were not given to "secure a commitment", but rather after the commitment was already received from a cheap shallow man that wanted to be Mile's agent.

I'm amazed that such supposedly smart and informed individuals think JC paid a troubled recruit that nobody else wanted through an agent that was / is accused of stealing 1 million dollars from a former star player!!!!!!

Critical thinking challenged people are in no short supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34