I kept waiting for doom. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I kept waiting for doom.

Reaction Score
And it never came. No 90 yard TD pass, no pick 6 or bad fumble and then the Scoreboard went 0:00.

Congrats to the Huskies, not a perfect game but a perfect result.
BC kept trying to give us the game on a platter and we kept pushing the platter away. The more that happened the more sure I was that something catatrophic would happen....but it didn,t.

Reaction Score
Um, no offense but I doubt we can count on the number of bad decisions and carelessness of BC today. Honestly, we should have put up 28 points and instead only put up 13.

I love the win and not critical but this is 2nd game in a row where the offense was literally shut down in the 2nd half.

You know the explanation? Because without our starting QB and 4 top receivers and our 3 top TBs, THE OFFENSE ISN’T GOOD!

Why is this so hard for many of you to grasp. The offense is not going to become really good in the next three weeks. Hopefully, however, it gets Devontae back and executes better and play well enough that we can win at least 2 more games.

Last edited:

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
You know the explanation? Because without our starting QB and 4 top receivers and our 3 top TBS, THE OFFENSE ISN’T GOOD!

Why is this so hard for many of you to grasp. The offense is not going to become really good in the next three weeks. Hopefully, however, it gets Devontae back and executes better and play well enough that we can win at least 2 more games.
Nailed it. Thanks, BL.

Reaction Score
I think it's safe to say we've turned the corner. There are hills ahead but with this staff and some good young depth we're going to climb them eventually. Let's get to .500 next week.
Thanks to the refs for calling a cheap hold on us early in the game then letting the BC OL hold like crazy the entire game.
Hey, it's 2022, the refs were just assuring equity...............and weren't they an ACC Crew?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Marion played one play….caught a 17 yard pass and got injured….Houston was also out…..that makes 8 skill players out….QB, 4 WRs and 3 RBs…..kind of makes sense that the formula to win that game is with a strong defense, manage the clock and no turnovers don’t you think??
Wait, don't forget, the Boneyard is mainly a logic free zone.........

Reaction Score
You know the explanation? Because without our starting QB and 4 top receivers and our 3 top TBs, THE OFFENSE ISN’T GOOD!

In the beginning of the season, it was a shock to have so many good players go down, and I would have agreed with your post.

But by this time of the season, lots of teams are playing with their starting QB including BC for a good part of yestedays game and also have key players missing.

Stand by comments that we need more production from offense and it can’t simply fold up business in the 2nd half. Still a great win yesterday and the defense played a game for the ages.

Reaction Score
Another point on this topic that no one is discussing is the field position our offense started with yesterday in the 2nd half. We had so many golden opportunities provided by the defense, yes we have to do more on offense. We were one dropped ball from the game being a “toss up” yesterday.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was supporting a good friend HS baseball team by playing a four man scramble golf tourney. I knew I'd be watching this game on tape delay and made sure I could keep my eyes away from the score. Bonus was Mrs. Diesel was out of town and I'd have house to myself in the afternoon. Easy way to watch the game, distraction free and enjoy it on my timeline.

Went inside clubhouse after the game for raffles and giveaways and a bite to eat. For 2 seconds my eyes caught a TV and on the bottom all I saw was UConn 10 and 10:55 left in 4th Qtr. I had no idea what BCU had for a score but I was ticked off. I realized BCU was a train wreck this year but seeing UConn with 10 points in the 4th qtr wasn't a good feeling.

Got home and put on the game. UConn had 10 points halfway through 1st qtr. Was now watching the game trying to figure out how UConn could go the newxt 2 1/2 qtrs without scoring another point and if UConn could continue to keep BCU's offense a mess.

Well, I'll be a horse in a cattle barn. It all worked out fine.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well the defense did, LOL.

Let’s not mince words, the only thing the offense did 2nd half was avoid turnovers and pick up a few yards.

It was not pretty.

Teams we play will not make as many bonehead plays as BC did today.

Our Defense was awesome today but we need to give them some more cushion.
Let me go on the record that I am willing to sign up today for as many ugly wins for all of our games in the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
I was supporting a good friend HS baseball team by playing a four man scramble golf tourney. I knew I'd be watching this game on tape delay and made sure I could keep my eyes away from the score. Bonus was Mrs. Diesel was out of town and I'd have house to myself in the afternoon. Easy way to watch the game, distraction free and enjoy it on my timeline.

Went inside clubhouse after the game for raffles and giveaways and a bite to eat. For 2 seconds my eyes caught a TV and on the bottom all I saw was UConn 10 and 10:55 left in 4th Qtr. I had no idea what BCU had for a score but I was ticked off. I realized BCU was a train wreck this year but seeing UConn with 10 points in the 4th qtr wasn't a good feeling.

Got home and put on the game. UConn had 10 points halfway through 1st qtr. Was now watching the game trying to figure out how UConn could go the newxt 2 1/2 qtrs without scoring another point and if UConn could continue to keep BCU's offense a mess.

Well, I'll be a horse in a cattle barn. It all worked out fine.
Definitely can relate to this one. Partial Score Syndrome is the worst. Makes you crazy for the rest of the day. Glad you survived.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
In the beginning of the season, it was a shock to have so many good players go down, and I would have agreed with your post.

But by this time of the season, lots of teams are playing with their starting QB including BC for a good part of yestedays game and also have key players missing.

Stand by comments that we need more production from offense and it can’t simply fold up business in the 2nd half. Still a great win yesterday and the defense played a game for the ages.
What, exactly, were you expecting in the 9th game of a team rebuild? UConn isn’t just missing its starting QB but the major playmakers on offense. Zion Turner wasnt Mahomes, no, but he didn’t hurt the team and he was able to make enough happen to give the defense a rest. I seem to remember this is what Edsall 1.0 did early on, ride the defense until the O improved.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom