I Just Don’t Understand | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I Just Don’t Understand

Reaction Score
Because we don’t have many efficient scorers or high level shooters, we’re a team who desperately needs rhythm and confidence on offense.

When we have a game like we did vs Cincinnati where we can’t buy a bucket for the first ten minutes, we have a really hard time figuring it out. I don’t know if some more designed plays in those circumstances would be effective, but there needs to be a better way for us to get an easy bucket or two in those situations so the game doesn’t start snowballing out of reach.

Reaction Score
Marquette lost to Creighton by 17 points last night on the road. They were also 3 point dogs. Bad losses on the road in CBB happen. If it continues, then there is cause for concern.

Reaction Score
a flat out 3 pt sharpshooter is Polley and how has that been working so far?
Polley is no sharp shooter, Rashaad, Gordon, Rip, Allen, sharp shooter.. Polley is just taking target practice..

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Passive opponents vs active opponents. Anyone gets in our face even a little bit and we crumble.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yeah how is Vogt playing? I thought you had to sit if you followed your coach after a change?

Reaction Score
Since we re all venting since that cincy debacle - how come it seems like every team has a decent big man who gets after it or a decent shooter but us? I don’t get it. Regardless of talent level , how do these guys not improve year to year? It’s really mystifying. How do we regress since Charleston? I’ve never seen anything like it in college sports How can we be this bad ? Even the Indiana game was blah. U wud think our guys would of showed up at msg on national tv Instead everyone looked like they never played ball before. Time and time again this crew disappoints. Very hard to hang in there. Cincy might of been last straw for a while for a lot of fans. I’ll hang in there and keep taking my beatings as a fan but cincy game was really alarming. We ll see what happens tmrw but how much more can we take?

Reaction Score
People need to remember that at the end of the day these are still 19-21 year old kids. Do you consistently bring your best to your job every single day, day in and day out or do you have some roller coaster ups and downs. These players are entitled to that same expectation. It is not just with our guys that consistent play has been an issue. Even the top 10 teams in the country on a weekly basis seem to be losing to unranked opponents.
With that being said, I do think that Hurley needs to have a shorter leash with some of these players if the continuous mistakes keep happening. As a teacher I say to my students, it's not that you make a mistake, but what really bothers me is that you continue to make the same one. That needs to start being the message we send to CV and AG and a lot of these other players who constantly make the same mistakes and don't see the value in limiting those mistakes.

Reaction Score
Indiana is just as good, If not better than Cincinnati, and even though we lost, we outplayed Indiana for long stretches throughout the game.
Indiana and cincy are both not very good let’s be real. That Indiana Game was tuff to watch as well

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I can imagine the St. Joe's board about now saying "How can we look so good beating UConn and lose to all these other schools."

The majority of our better players are young (Akok, Gaff, Bouk) and still have a high school physique. One of the lessons they are learning this year is that to play high level D1 basketball you have to me strong. I imagine they will work a lot harder in the off season then they did in this preseason.

Exhibit 1 is Adams. Compare his play this year and last year. Now compare his physique this year with last year.

I believe this freshman class will be better as sophomores and dominant as juniors. And as seniors, if recruiting goes as we all hope, we will be back to UConn basketball, i..e., playing for conference championships and high seeds at the dance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom