I Just Don’t Understand | The Boneyard

I Just Don’t Understand

Reaction Score
How can we look so good beating Florida? And play Xavier and Indiana even right down to the wire, but look terrible vs Cincy tonight? I know it was the first true road game of the season, but that was just bad. Its just year after year we struggle vs teams in this conference, especially Cincinnati...I really don’t understand. Im not trying to start a conspiracy theory, but do the other schools in this conference secretly record our bench during games so they know exactly what we are doing??? But seriously, Im just shocked

Reaction Score
How can we look so good beating Florida? And play Xavier and Indiana even right down to the wire, but look terrible vs Cincy tonight? I know it was the first true road game of the season, but that was just bad. Its just year after year we struggle vs teams in this conference, especially Cincinnati...I really don’t understand. Im not trying to start a conspiracy theory, but do the other schools in this conference secretly record our bench during games so they know exactly what we are doing??? But seriously, Im just shocked

They should of beat Xavier and Indiana, in fact they were given multiple chances to do that. Good teams get it done, I dont think we are a good team.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
We didn’t look great beating Florida, they were just bad. We have only really played well a few games this year.

Reaction Score
It was an awful first half effort but Cincy has tremendous size up front, unlike many other schools. Two skilled 7 foot centers, Cumberland etc.. We just had no chance vs that size. Fortunately we won’t face many teams this big the rest of the year. I still think it’s a joke though that Vogt got cleared to play immediately after transferring. No Vogt and this may have been an entirely different game.

Reaction Score

Indiana? Indiana is not a good team. We played terrible against them and still could have won.

Reaction Score
Indiana? Indiana is not a good team. We played terrible against them and still could have won.
Indiana is just as good, If not better than Cincinnati, and even though we lost, we outplayed Indiana for long stretches throughout the game.

Reaction Score
Why anyone would even mention postseason right now is far beyond me. The product you just saw is not a postseason team. Cincy is not very good and they just whooped us.

Exactly. We have bigger problems than the tournament.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The AAC and the NBE have a lot of veteran players who are big, strong and athletic. They recruit kids who are big, fast and athletic. UConn under KO and DH go for the skinny athletic and it turns into a man vs boy at every position. Until the recruitment mentality changes the results will be the same.
The biggest and the best of the class are going P5. DH has to start recruiting the guys that Houston, Cinci, Creighton, WSU, Xavier etc get.
It's sounds so wonderful to see that UConn is in the final 8, 6 or 4 choice of all those top recruits but how many has he landed?
Why not a flat out 3 point sharp shooter from the midwest or small town USA every year?
Men vs boys is what we've been seeing for almost 6 years

Reaction Score
You don’t have to record uconn bench to beat them. Play pretty good defense against them and it will probably happen.

Reaction Score
The AAC and the NBE have a lot of veteran players who are big, strong and athletic. They recruit kids who are big, fast and athletic. UConn under KO and DH go for the skinny athletic and it turns into a man vs boy at every position. Until the recruitment mentality changes the results will be the same.
The biggest and the best of the class are going P5. DH has to start recruiting the guys that Houston, Cinci, Creighton, WSU, Xavier etc get.
It's sounds so wonderful to see that UConn is in the final 8, 6 or 4 choice of all those top recruits but how many has he landed?
Why not a flat out 3 point sharp shooter from the midwest or small town USA every year?
a flat out 3 pt sharpshooter is Polley and how has that been working so far?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Why anyone would even mention postseason right now is far beyond me. The product you just saw is not a postseason team. Cincy is not very good and they just whooped us.
Cinci played a much more competitive schedule than UConn so far this season
But I agree this UConn team is not a tournament team - by a long shot

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
a flat out 3 pt sharpshooter is Polley and how has that been working so far?
he's not flat out and he's the only one - plus he wouldn't know how to create his own shot if his life depended on it
read English - I said get one every year
they could be walk ons earning a partial scholly

Reaction Score
Huh? We had the 2nd best recruiting class in the AAC this year (also would have been 2nd in the NBE). We got/are now getting better recruits than every school you mentioned. You make it sound like Hurley has struggled recruiting when he has actually excelled at it.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Huh? We had the 2nd best recruiting class in the AAC this year (also would have been 2nd in the NBE). We got/are now getting better recruits than every school you mentioned. You make it sound like Hurley has struggled recruiting when he has actually excelled at it.
Needs more gym rats is the subtext.

Reaction Score

We are still paying for a few years of Ollie recruiting now but Hurley's recruiting is not the problem.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Well my take is this. The bakery is closed, no more cupcakes. We got manhandled tonight. The were big. Carlton could not handle it. I didn't know they had a 7 footer. Josh looked lost and they scored over him at will. Cincy played excellent defense. That is why Polley couldn't go off. He, Vital and Gilbert were smothered. I don not see the stats yet but it looked they buried us in rebounding. All night, when we took a shot nobody AND I mean nobody under the basket. It seems like we run our offense around the top of the key and half court. What the hell is that?? Our guys got their pocket picked continuously. Cincy was ready to play and showed it. Josh is superb against lower level. Tonight he was lost. So, by tonight's game,this is who we are in conference play. Who expects miracles. I don't. Off to USF. We lose there,we in trouble. What's going on with Sid.

Reaction Score
Believe me, we are all asking ourselves the same questions. Going to ask my son-in-law the shrink for a free session.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
You don’t understand because, you don’t understand basketball. We have looked bad all year long, the difference is in our wins versus okay teams they’ve played horrible. But we’ve looked the same each game the difference is when the 3 ball falls we look much better but we aren’t actually a good team. Side note people saying we should keep throwing the ball in to Carlton have lost their minds or don’t want us to win

Reaction Score
I’m starting to wonder if it’s all my fault. I’m seriously 0-11 in UConn games I’ve attended. Most of those have been at UC, but if it doesn’t happen soon I may need to rethink these road trips to Butler and DePaul I’ve added to my college basketball calendar next season!

Reaction Score
The early season tournaments and non-conference games are filled with inconsistency. After 10 games, you have an idea of who everyone is, and everyone has been scouted. Given our personnel limitations, and the inability (or refusal) to tailor the offense to the personnel, we're pretty easy to scout on that end of the floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom