I hope UConn gets out in front of this narrative and does so soon and intelligently. | The Boneyard

I hope UConn gets out in front of this narrative and does so soon and intelligently.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We need to dump the the poor UConn got left behind narrative. If I were putting it together, I'd write it up as a rejection of conference realignment and the chase for money. I'd bill it as a return to regionalism in college athletics. I'd say that it was all about having the flexibility to give our fans the games they want to see. I'd talk about having driveable away games, more games in NYC, renewing old rivalries, etc. See if we can push the narrative to being one of a conscious choice to benefit our fans rather than one of desperation. It's BS, of course, but if you can media to bite, then you position us in a much more favorable light.

Reaction Score
We need to dump the the poor UConn got left behind narrative. If I were putting it together, I'd write it up as a rejection of conference realignment and the chase for money. I'd bill it as a return to regionalism in college athletics. I'd say that it was all about having the flexibility to give our fans the games they want to see. I'd talk about having driveable away games, more games in NYC, renewing old rivalries, etc. See if we can push the narrative to being one of a conscious choice to benefit our fans rather than one of desperation. It's BS, of course, but if you can media to bite, then you position us in a much more favorable light.

The ship has turned around. Hurley just may have us positioned to once again be the toughest kid on the block. AND we will enjoy it even more now that we have gone without for awhile.

Reaction Score
I love this move. Simply put, a rising UConn joining the NBE makes the NBE a better conference on the whole. The impact will be felt in the years ahead as everyone benefits and gets better. What we did not do for the AAC so much, we will do here in our backyard. All a matter of fortuitous timing as we are ascending to national basketball prominence again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
meh.... it would simply prove Uconn couldn't compete in the AAC so it dropped to a less competitive league.

Reaction Score
If UCONN did not make the BE better they wouldn’t have been invited. But it is very important to run this out there the right way. Of course they have to do this all season while finishing out the AAC. What would make this better? Hurley landing some monster recruits to play in their new/old conference. That would begin affirming everything.

Reaction Score
How quickly do you think this move came together? Do you think there were discussions about BE return when Hurley got on board?

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I think UConn back to the Big east not only breathes life back into UConn basketball. But big east basketball as well. Madison Square Garden will be nuts with UConn fans back for the first time in along time in the big East Conference tournament. UConn comes back and returns to what it once was along with Nova and company it can help recruiting for the conference as a whole. I’m not worried about UConn basketball anymore. I just wanna see football end up in a good situation now.

Also if the big east can grow to 12 and up the tv deal. I’d love to see another competitive team added.

Reaction Score
If UCONN did not make the BE better they wouldn’t have been invited. But it is very important to run this out there the right way. Of course they have to do this all season while finishing out the AAC. What would make this better? Hurley landing some monster recruits to play in their new/old conference. That would begin affirming everything.
Winning the whole damn thing on our way out of the AAC would make this better

Reaction Score
I agree with what you are saying. Perception is reality, and I think that rings true with how things are today. Im actually excited to to have the opportunity to watch UConn on the road again.

Reaction Score
I think UConn back to the Big east not only breathes life back into UConn basketball. But big east basketball as well. Madison Square Garden will be nuts with UConn fans back for the first time in along time in the big East Conference tournament. UConn comes back and returns to what it once was along with Nova and company it can help recruiting for the conference as a whole. I’m not worried about UConn basketball anymore. I just wanna see football end up in a good situation now.

Also if the big east can grow to 12 and up the tv deal. I’d love to see another competitive team added.

UConn back to the BET will definitely add to the atmosphere.

But just to put this out there. I have attended all sessions of the BET since re-configuration and the atmosphere has improved every year. The past couple of years the atmosphere has felt like pre-2013 Big East.

With the Connecticut return we can only expect even a better tournament

Reaction Score
I'm all in on a UConn farewell/revenge tour. Let's do the damn thing

The saltiness by every opposing fanbase we visit in the AAC this year is going to be soooo tasty.

Side note: any chance the conference bans us from the conference tournament?

I think I remember America East doing that to BU when they left.

Reaction Score
The saltiness by every opposing fanbase we visit in the AAC this year is going to be soooo tasty.

America East had a by-law which gave the other schools the right to vote for a conference tournament ban on a school who was leaving the conference. Does the AAC have a similar by-law? If not how could they legally do that? That would be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Reaction Score
America East had a by-law which gave the other schools the right to vote for a conference tournament ban on a school who was leaving the conference. Does the AAC have a similar by-law? If not how could they legally do that? That would be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

This may come as a shock, but I’m not particularly well-versed in the AAC bylaws.

Reaction Score
This may come as a shock, but I’m not particularly well-versed in the AAC bylaws.
I'm not either, but I think Louisville played in the conference tournament on their way out.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How quickly do you think this move came together? Do you think there were discussions about BE return when Hurley got on board?

I think there were rough discussions long ago. I don’t think anybody started putting this move together until the AAC contract came out. Hurley didn’t expect this.

Reaction Score

If they try to, surely they would have to give up the NCAA shares associated with our Sweet 16 run?

Reaction Score
Send this to the beat writers!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom