I hope that Coach Edsall moves | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I hope that Coach Edsall moves

Reaction Score
It is a long walk from the red lot and I don't think tailgaters give much thought to how far it is.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It is a long walk from the red lot and I don't think tailgaters give much thought to how far it is.
For the Temple game last year my fiancés friends who never ever go to games decided they wanted to go. They thought I was crazy for trying to coordinate a place or at least a lot to park. I thought I had them convinced to park at Silvas but they decided to park in Red Lot and got put way in the back. Well we parked at Silvas and walked the probably 2 miles to their car with 2 large pizzas and a couple 12 packs. She was pissed at me but her friends were the dumb ones!

Reaction Score
Not to forget, the longest two runways were actively used up to 1999. They used to bring in 747's, 767's, F-15, F-14's, F-18's and F-16's in for air shows. I have been trying to locate the runway length, but it was at least 1.5 miles. Maybe more.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Don't complain. Compared to other schools, P-5 and those in our conference, UConn's tailgating area is one of the best. I was at Michigan a few years back and they tailgated on multiple locations around Ann Arbor. One place was on a golf course, I think I was on the third fairway, (It was probably the only time I drove the fairway that year, LOL). The course seemed like 5 miles from the stadium. I've had similar experiences at many other schools. Once you travel around to different schools you get a different perspective on how good we have it at The Rent.
Had sons at Michigan and Northwestern. Always walked. UM has great tailgating tradition. The Northwestern stadium is a pretty long walk from most of the campus.
Aside, the two schools played each other twice when my kids were in school a year apart. Northwestern won both in the mid nineties when they had improved. UMs star was Amani Toomer.

Reaction Score
I agree. I also at the M Ichigan game and we had to share a lumber yard parking lot with Michigan students, although I admit there were some pretty funny incidents.

There shouldn't be any problems locating anyone in this age of cell phones. If they're friends they have your cell #, not friends who cares if they're lost.
We were n the lumberyard. It was windy and cold too

Reaction Score
Not to forget, the longest two runways were actively used up to 1999. They used to bring in 747's, 767's, F-15, F-14's, F-18's and F-16's in for air shows. I have been trying to locate the runway length, but it was at least 1.5 miles. Maybe more.
Rentschler_CT_46USAAF.jpg

Rentschler_CT_06Jul29_e.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, the top map is old. The 4/22 runway extended all the way to Brewer at the bottom and all the way to Silver Lane at the top. Probably well over 6,000 feet. Yet that is a bit short of 1.5 miles. I flew out of Rentschler many times on business to the PW airport at WPB out at the plant on the Beeline.

Looks like the new engineering building is well started.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the top map is old. The 4/22 runway extended all the way to Brewer at the bottom and all the way to Silver Lane at the top. Probably well over 6,000 feet. Yet that is a bit short of 1.5 miles. I flew out of Rentschler many times on business to the PW airport at WPB out at the plant on the Beeline.

Looks like the new engineering building is well started.
The extension you mentioned does show in the photography. You won't find the lengths on the internet. That would require checking actual material. This stuff would be good to know. The runways are incorporated into the design of the roads/parking lots in what is developing there.

Reaction Score
I once watched on a late Monday morning as two airshow F-15s taxied with their canopies raised down to the end of runway 4 by the Engineering parking lot. Most of Engineering was out there pressing our noses against the fence as we had friends in the tower who had given us the heads up. They made the turn to face NW, lowered their canopies, snapped off simultaneous salutes to the Engineering crowd, went to full AB on -100 engines, let the brakes off and took off simultaneously. It was EXTREMELY loud. They climbed to a couple hundred feet only, made a U-turn and came back down the runway at about 50 ft. When they got almost to us, they snapped the stick back and climbed vertically under full AB to about 10,000 feet. That is how they left. What a show!!!

Reaction Score
I once watched on a late Monday morning as two airshow F-15s taxied with their canopies raised down to the end of runway 4 by the Engineering parking lot. Most of Engineering was out there pressing our noses against the fence as we had friends in the tower who had given us the heads up. They made the turn to face NW, lowered their canopies, snapped off simultaneous salutes to the Engineering crowd, went to full AB on -100 engines, let the brakes off and took off simultaneously. It was EXTREMELY loud. They climbed to a couple hundred feet only, made a U-turn and came back down the runway at about 50 ft. When they got almost to us, they snapped the stick back and climbed vertically under full AB to about 10,000 feet. That is how they left. What a show!!!

That would be a blast.

Reaction Score
Of course during the airshow on the weekend, -14 was pretty impressive too. It made a subsonic pass from S to N with the supersonic bubble over the wings and fuselage showing as condensed fog. As it approached the north boundary it turned on edge with the wings rotated fully forward and made a full 360 turn within the boundaries of the airport. Engines for that aircraft were TF30-P100s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom