I hope that Coach Edsall moves | The Boneyard

I hope that Coach Edsall moves

Reaction Score
The husky walk back where it originated. It is much easier for fans to get there ( me included). I only went to one husky walk after what's-his-name moved it to the gray lot. It was just too far for me. It took awhile for me to gat a golf cart ride back to our tailgate.

Reaction Score
The husky walk back where it originated. It is much easier for fans to get there ( me included). I only went to one husky walk after what's-his-name moved it to the gray lot. It was just too far for me. It took awhile for me to gat a golf cart ride back to our tailgate.
I believed they moved it thinking more fans from gray and red lots would see it and being next to the fan fest.

Reaction Score
That's because it is 2 miles! Years ago that they had shuttle buses. Don't know why they stopped.
Now, now lets not exaggerate. It is no more than one mile from the extreme end of the lot to the entrance gate. I know this because I measured it during the construction of The Rent.

Reaction Score
All I remember is I couldn't see the Rent, that is how far we parked in the red lot. Thankfully there were the shuttles.

Reaction Score
All I remember is I couldn't see the Rent, that is how far we parked in the red lot. Thankfully there were the shuttles.

Don't complain. Compared to other schools, P-5 and those in our conference, UConn's tailgating area is one of the best. I was at Michigan a few years back and they tailgated on multiple locations around Ann Arbor. One place was on a golf course, I think I was on the third fairway, (It was probably the only time I drove the fairway that year, LOL). The course seemed like 5 miles from the stadium. I've had similar experiences at many other schools. Once you travel around to different schools you get a different perspective on how good we have it at The Rent.

Reaction Score
Don't complain. Compared to other schools, P-5 and those in our conference, UConn's tailgating area is one of the best. I was at Michigan a few years back and they tailgated on multiple locations around Ann Arbor. One place was on a golf course, I think I was on the third fairway, (It was probably the only time I drove the fairway that year, LOL). The course seemed like 5 miles from the stadium. I've had similar experiences at many other schools. Once you travel around to different schools you get a different perspective on how good we have it at The Rent.
agreed...we have one of the best tailgating setups around, just need to give us the ability to buy assigned spots so our visitors know where we are each game. Other schools do that, why not us? I would pay to have the same spot in blue lot for the whole season...

Reaction Score
agreed...we have one of the best tailgating setups around, just need to give us the ability to buy assigned spots so our visitors know where we are each game. Other schools do that, why not us? I would pay to have the same spot in blue lot for the whole season...

I really like that idea!!!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

They do, the paved spots are numbered, though the lot is so small it doesn't matter.

To extend that to the blue lot (next to the stadium) would require reducing the number of spaces in it. Which I think should happen anyway, as the best lot currently has the tightest tailgate set up.

Reaction Score

I agree. I also at the M Ichigan game and we had to share a lumber yard parking lot with Michigan students, although I admit there were some pretty funny incidents.
They do, the paved spots are numbered, though the lot is so small it doesn't matter.

To extend that to the blue lot (next to the stadium) would require reducing the number of spaces in it. Which I think should happen anyway, as the best lot currently has the tightest tailgate set up.

There shouldn't be any problems locating anyone in this age of cell phones. If they're friends they have your cell #, not friends who cares if they're lost.

Reaction Score
There shouldn't be any problems locating anyone in this age of cell phones. If they're friends they have your cell #, not friends who cares if they're lost.[/QUOTE]
I for one leave my cell phone in the car. I refuse to bring it inside the stadium. I don't want to be like a lot of people who miss half the game because they are staring at their phone half the game. Also there is nothing worse that when your talking to someone and they keep glancing at their phone while you are talking to them.

Reaction Score
Devland we're talking about locating friend's tailgate. We have had the same seats for 10 years, so friends know where we sit.

Reaction Score

I don't hate this post but... how about we get fans in the stadium sooner. I think this shows the players more respect than attending the walk.

Reaction Score
I don't hate this post but... how about we get fans in the stadium sooner. I think this shows the players more respect than attending the walk.

I agree. We get in the stadium at least 30 mi utes before game time. The late arrivals are still cooking. We make a big deal about packing up our tailgate so hopefully others will take the hint. Really ticks me off.

I like to get in before the band. I love the band.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Notre Dame is same way. Incredibly long walk from the tailgate I was at.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The worst thing about people coming in late is when they make a huge deal about everyone getting out their way and heaven forbid you spread out into their seats a little bit. Uh sorry the game started 30 minutes ago I didn't think anyone was gonna sit here. Obviously they have a right to their seat but have a little self awareness.

Gampel is worse because it's obviously more packed and the seats are like 1/2 a butt cheek wide.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom