I HOPE SHERIFF'S DOESN'T BAIL, (BUT WOULD UNDERSTAND) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I HOPE SHERIFF'S DOESN'T BAIL, (BUT WOULD UNDERSTAND)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
He can actually transfer to an FBS school is one were to want him.

Really? I didn't realize that. Then, yeah, definitely he should transfer out. Nothing left for him here other than to make sure UConn pays for his medical costs to re-attach his friggin' ribs.

Reaction Score
I Hope BS doesn't bail, although with new family, HCBD returning(?), degree in hand, I would certainly understand. AAAAH, longing for the days of an injury free BS, 2nd half Navy game. (I mean that with no sarcasm.)
DW-We all get it, thrown to the wolves, 4 days, new OC, poor line play, poor coaching, etc., etc., etc.
BUT..., to my eyes, the kid "Doesn't have "IT". That QB, experienced or not, comes in with the self confidence, doesn't doubt himself, carries himself in that top of the line "QB Way"., his body language as a poster noted-rally your boys keep fighting! You are the leader. Anyone who's been around FB playing or seriously "seeing" as most on this board know, knows... It's way early, true, but BS may just well be our best QB option in'17. Maybe allow Tyler Davis back in the rotation in Spring. He's a sleeper I think.

I've seen QBs in DWs shoes come on and look like him, and then become world beaters as they developed. The thing that will hold him back is another year of this coaching staff, and then a new staff when he's a junior.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I give Bryant a lot of credit.

Had Diaco allowed me to take that beating all season and then pull the plug on me for Williams I would have been arrested for attempting to choke him to death.

That Sherriffs stood on the sideline and watched the trainwreck over the last three weeks without flinging his helmet on the field and tossing his uniform off on his way to the locker room is impressive.
Hell, if it were me the charges would not be "attempted", I would have succeeded.

Reaction Score
Diaco is the consummate weasel. If he comes back, I absolutely refuse to set foot in the Rent.

Reaction Score
How many decent qbs has this lousy line lost to concussions? Too many I think.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I always thought Shirreffs was a decently skilled QB relative to our program's expectations. He was mobile enough while not making it his priority (although he did seem to get run happy in a few games) and in my opinion was the best QB we have had from the pocket in quite some time. I liked BS and thought it wasn't fair how Diaco played him like that and essentially used his play as the scapegoat for the first half of this awful season by benching him for a redshirt player, as if Diaco was "simply all out of options".

Good luck BS.

Also I frequent the bball board but I seem to have missed when Benedict gave Diaco his extension. What was his rationale for doing such a thing? It seemed to be relatively quite news that didn't make its way across the outlets much. What was he thinking making such a financial commitment to someone he just met?

Reaction Score
Also I frequent the bball board but I seem to have missed when Benedict gave Diaco his extension. What was his rationale for doing such a thing? It seemed to be relatively quite news that didn't make its way across the outlets much. What was he thinking making such a financial commitment to someone he just met?
It was publicized... It has been discussed ad nasueum around here. This is from another thread today that will get you started.
For a newly christened AD to push back on signing a contract negotiated by the departing Warde Maniel and UConn attorneys, likely supported and agreed by Susan Herbst, and potentially awaiting arrival of Benedict, imagine the latter pushing back at 23:59:59. On the basis of publicly reported facts, e.g., the linked Courant article, it's not a reach for reasonable individuals with or without any contract experience to appreciate the scenario you convey.
Courant Bob Diaco contract article: Benedict's First Big Move At UConn: Extending Diaco's Contract Through 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom